• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Kavalan, a pleasant surprise.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
My first time having a Taiwanese whisky - Kavalan Solist Vinho Barrique, what a pleasant surprise. Taste is pretty complex to begin with, there's tinge of caramel sweetness, floral, smokiness, spiciness but whats more important is its smoothness despite the very high alcohol content.

Anyone here have any experience to share about Kavalan or any Taiwanese whisky?

IMG_20180721_225856.jpg

https://www.masterofmalt.com/whiskies/kavalan/kavalan-solist-vinho-barrique-57-8-whisky/
To mature their Kavalan Solist Vinho Barrique expression, the King Car distillers in Taiwan use casks which have held both red and white wines, before being re-toasted. The whisky is fully matured in these casks to help their Taiwanese single malt develop a bold, expressive flavour profile brimming with berry, plum and caramelised sugar notes. At the Los Angeles Wine & Spirits Competition this exciting Taiwanese whisky received a Gold Medal and an impressive score of 91 out of 100.

Comes in a nice box

IMG_20180721_215740.jpg

IMG_20180721_220013.jpg

Finishes off with a neat Balvenie

IMG_20180721_221939.jpg

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
My first time having a Taiwanese whisky - Kavalan Solist Vinho Barrique, what a pleasant surprise. Taste is pretty complex to begin with, there's tinge of caramel sweetness, floral, smokiness, spiciness but whats more important is its smoothness despite the very high alcohol content.

Anyone here have any experience to share about Kavalan or any Taiwanese whisky?

View attachment 45294

https://www.masterofmalt.com/whiskies/kavalan/kavalan-solist-vinho-barrique-57-8-whisky/
To mature their Kavalan Solist Vinho Barrique expression, the King Car distillers in Taiwan use casks which have held both red and white wines, before being re-toasted. The whisky is fully matured in these casks to help their Taiwanese single malt develop a bold, expressive flavour profile brimming with berry, plum and caramelised sugar notes. At the Los Angeles Wine & Spirits Competition this exciting Taiwanese whisky received a Gold Medal and an impressive score of 91 out of 100.

Comes in a nice box

View attachment 45291

View attachment 45292

Finishes off with a neat Balvenie

View attachment 45293
An excellent review. You make me want to grab one to try it out.

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I recalled not so long ago there was a special feature documentary on the CEO Lee Tien Tsai of Kavalan Whisky. I think it's CNA Insider's Conversation with hosted by Lin Xueling. Very informative.