• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[JC] Free tuition for low-tier JC ppl

covertbriar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Okay so as you can tell from the title, I want to give free tuition for JC ppl. I am just damn bored in NS and wanted to do some productive things and I love teaching as well so this is my sole purpose for offering tuition for free. My subject combi is PCMe with a H3. A few things I need to mention, I am offering maths and physics tuition but idk how credible I am as I scored A for math but B for Physics, I would say that my physics is much better though. Also, I cannot promise any results, the only experience that I would say I have is that I have taught some of my friends during my time in JC and they said that I can explain things.

The reason why I would prefer to give tuition to low-tier JC ppl is because I am from one myself(YIJC) and this school has given me a really great experience and I have benefited a lot from this school, so I thought this would be a great idea for me to give back to the school. If you are from other schools and you need help also, I will try my best to help as well.

If you want for tuition for Physics or Math just dm me. I am not sure how this will go as I have no experience also, I guess we can figure this out through some discussions. I can help with some conceptual understanding for econs and chem as well but I am better at Physics and Math.

Below are some of my personal experiences in YIJC so if you are interested you can just continue to read.

I kind of screwed up my O levels and YIJC is one of the few schools that I could enter. Not gonna lie I did not have a good impression of this school from the start. When I first entered the school, I am already feeling like shit because of the old building and the location of the school. The other schools that I have been to during the open house are soo much better.

It was at one point that I have decided to make a change. I studied a lot during the first few months of school, like completing my tutorials way ahead of time and even requested for extra worksheets for practice. I know that my effort has paid off when I have scored 4 As for my first common test. Feeling encouraged by my test results, I felt that my results are within my control so I continued to study hard. In mid years, I managed to be one of the top in level and this carried on to the eoy examination as well.

I had even managed to take H3 in J2 after applying for it. After I entered the lecture theatre, I realised that I am the only person wearing YI uniform. It is kind of weird at the beginning but that feeling faded away quickly. The information taught in H3 is advance but it is not very hard to understand if you had a passion for the subject. Through the course of 3 months, my lecture group worked together and completed our lessons and examinations. It was then that I realised and confirmed the fact that there is not much difference between “good” school students and “bad” school students. The only difference would be the passion for knowledge if I have to point out one.

However, in J2, due to some internal and external factors like procrastination(I have barely studied at all during the lock-down period), my results suffered drastically. Even at prelims, my result slip was filled with Ds and Es. Fortunately, I did okay for A levels with BBAB for my content subjects. I do know that this kind of result is pretty shit in top schools so pls don’t roast me.

TLDR: I just want to say that anyone can score well in any school. It is more about yourself, don’t doubt your ability to perform well in the exams, and don’t push the blame to external factors that you cannot control. Also, I feel the most important part about studying is how to study(the method of studying) and diligence, intelligence does play a role but it is not a deciding factor.

jw5

Loyal
His students will be delighted to know that he considers them as "low-tier". :rolleyes::eek::biggrin:

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
TLDR: I just want to say that anyone can score well in any school. It is more about yourself, don’t doubt your ability to perform well in the exams, and don’t push the blame to external factors that you cannot control. Also, I feel the most important part about studying is how to study(the method of studying) and diligence, intelligence does play a role but it is not a deciding factor.
KNN my uncle think this fella got 前途 KNN at this age can be a spokesman for my uncle KNN the method of studies is leelee the main factor in success KNN as with my uncle case he did not attend a single lectures in 2nd and 3rd year polytechnic and can pass all subjects in first attempt with ABCD KNN if he had put in effort to study probably all A KNN

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
See everyone ? KNN as my uncle always say iq does not coleelate directlee with academic leesults as nus grad can give bank account lumber to strangers :sneaky::whistling: KNN