• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

It's all over for Dalglish

David Luiz

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

In Pictures: Kenny Dalglish's second reign as Liverpool manager

Goalcom look at the Kop legend's second spell in charge at Anfield after he was relieved of his duties on Wednesday, following a disappointing Premier League campaign

May 16, 2012 6:23:00 PM

176667hp2.jpg

By Chris Myson

Kenny Dalglish has been sacked as Liverpool manager after one-and-a-half seasons of his second spell in charge of the club.

The 61-year-old's departure comes after face-to-face talks with principal owners John W Henry and Tom Werner in Boston on Monday.

Dalglish led the Reds to League Cup glory this season and narrowly missed out on a double after Chelsea beat them in the FA Cup final. However, they finished eighth in the Premier League, losing games as they won.

Goalcom looks back at his 16 months back at the helm of the club...

120935hp2.jpg

Return of the King | Dalglish returns as caretaker Liverpool manager in January 2011

186604hp2.jpg

Tough start | Kenny suffers defeat to Man Utd & Blackpool in his first two games

186603hp2.jpg

First win | His first victory arrives with a 3-0 win away to Wolves on his fourth game back

123163hp2.jpg

January drama | Liverpool sign Suarez & Carroll to replace Torres, who is sold to Chelsea

125694hp2.jpg

Kuyt stars | Dutchman scores a hat-trick as Liverpool beat Manchester United 3-1

131121hp2.jpg

Strong finish | A strong second half to the season sees Dalglish guide Liverpool to 6th

163714hp2.jpg

New deal | Kenny is confirmed as permanent manager on a three-year contrac

t
139039hp2.jpg

Summer signings | Dalglish spends big on the likes of Henderson, Downing & Adam

141178hp2.jpg

Strong start | New season begins well as Arsenal are beaten at the Emirates

145115hp2.jpg

Nine-man nightmare | Adam & Skrtel are sent off in a 4-0 defeat away to Tottenham

167180hp2.jpg

Racism row | Suarez gets an eight-game ban after being found guilty of racist abuse of Evra

154898hp2.jpg

Revival | Reds boosted by a Merseyside derby win & two victories over Chelsea

160903hp2.jpg

Bad League run | A 3-0 defeat to Man City starts a bad sequence of results in the league

164358hp2.jpg

Going to Wembley | City beaten over two legs as Kenny seals a League Cup final place

164738hp2.jpg

Great Dane | Agger on target as Liverpool knock Man Utd out of the FA Cup

167300hp2.jpg

Controversy | Suarez refuses to shake Evra's hand before a league defeat at Old Trafford

170062hp2.jpg

Victory | Cardiff are beaten on penalties as Liverpool win League Cup - a first trophy since 2006

171077hp2.jpg

Double blow | Successive defeats to Arsenal & Sunderland damage top-four hopes

176688hp2.jpg

Debacle | Three straight defeats in March culminate in a shambolic defeat to Newcastle

179141hp2.jpg

Wembley success | Everton are beaten to seal an FA Cup final place

180996hp2.jpg

Haunted by Hodgson | Odemwingie gives West Brom victory at Anfield on Roy's return

184149hp2.jpg

Final Heartbreak | Chelsea win the FA Cup final 2-1 to end hopes of a double

185893hp2.jpg

Worst-ever PL season | Loss to Swansea in last game sees Reds finish 8th on just 52 points

183286hp2.jpg

Sacked | After talks with the owners FSG in Boston, Dalglish is sacked as Liverpool manager

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
From the Evra-Suarez controversy right up to the dismal losing streak culminating with their Merseyside neighbours looking down on them in the league table. The signs were all there and he was rightfully sacked for the good of the club.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
thought Dalglish is hailed as Messiah, the second coming when they appoint him after the debacle of Hodgson? LOL...

think he is too soft. And he bears the scars of Hillborough. I suggest he exit football altogether.

jw5

Loyal
Any predictions for the next Liverfool manager?

My first thought is Roberto Martinez, already rumours are that the Americans are interested in him.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He's a massive legend there.. As a long time Lpool fan I feel sad to see him go.. But the league table doesn't lie and the Americans took a tough but correct decision by sacking him..

Poor tactics, being let down by his big money signings chief culprit among them Stewart Downing.. One wonders why Roy Hodgson selected him for the Euros? :confused: Dalglish should not have took on the job in the first place.. 10 years being out of management is quite along time..

Strong rumours in the UK of AVB being earmarked to take on the Anfield job.. My personal favourite would be Carlo Ancelotti.. The Yankees should have appointed him as Lpool boss when he was sacked by Chelsea..

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He's a massive legend there.. As a long time Lpool fan I feel sad to see him go.. But the league table doesn't lie and the Americans took a tough but correct decision by sacking him..

Poor tactics, being let down by his big money signings chief culprit among them Stewart Downing.. One wonders why Roy Hodgson selected him for the Euros? :confused: Dalglish should not have took on the job in the first place.. 10 years being out of management is quite along time..

Strong rumours in the UK of AVB being earmarked to take on the Anfield job.. My personal favourite would be Carlo Ancelotti.. The Yankees should have appointed him as Lpool boss when he was sacked by Chelsea..

pep guardiola?

Rafa Benetiz to return? Afterall, he is the most successful manager for Liverpool after many years -won them the champions League.

they are making a mistake to hire matinez...keeping a club from sinking is NOT managing a big club.

actually so long not Mourinho. I want him for Man U...hee

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
pep guardiola?

Rafa Benetiz to return? Afterall, he is the most successful manager for Liverpool after many years -won them the champions League.

they are making a mistake to hire matinez...keeping a club from sinking is NOT managing a big club.

actually so long not Mourinho. I want him for Man U...hee

Benitez already said that the Yanks didn't make any contact with him.. Pep Guardiola will be taking a temporary break from football.. So that rules both Spaniards out.. To be frank, I really don't mind if Rafa comes back again but this time without his goatee..

The Yanks have already been making contact with AVB for the past 2 weeks.. So that means, Dalglish's fate had already been sealed 2 weeks back.. Martinez would be a good choice too, but lack of experience at a top club could hamper his chances.. Favourite now is AVB..

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Benitez already said that the Yanks didn't make any contact with him.. Pep Guardiola will be taking a temporary break from football.. So that rules both Spaniards out.. To be frank, I really don't mind if Rafa comes back again but this time without his goatee..

The Yanks have already been making contact with AVB for the past 2 weeks.. So that means, Dalglish's fate had already been sealed 2 weeks back.. Martinez would be a good choice too, but lack of experience at a top club could hamper his chances.. Favourite now is AVB..

AVB's problem is his age - cannot command the respect of the dressing room. Ok Chelsea we know, are run by Terry, Lampard, Drogba.

I reckon he will face the same at Liverpool.

jw5

Loyal

I think Roy made a big mistake in taking Downing instead of another central defender like Jagielka.
He may regret that decision since Downing has been in poor form all season, and he has only 3 experienced central defenders, one of whom
is an asshole with broken ribs.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think Roy made a big mistake in taking Downing instead of another central defender like Jagielka.
He may regret that decision since Downing has been in poor form all season, and he has only 3 experienced central defenders, one of whom
is an asshole with broken ribs.

I cannot believe Liverfools paid big money for Downing in the first place.. As for the Euros, it'll be an early exit for the 3 Lions.. No way can they go past the group stages..

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I cannot believe Liverfools paid big money for Downing in the first place.. As for the Euros, it'll be an early exit for the 3 Lions.. No way can they go past the group stages..

i think it is forgone conclusion that 3-lions will be going home early. Like the last world cup, sputter & then start blaming a hectic BPL season.

David Luiz

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Thursday 17th May 2012

786693_33_preview.jpg

Dalglish Factfile - The Liverpool years

1977: August 10 - Joins Liverpool from Celtic in a British record £440,000 deal.

August 13 - Makes Liverpool debut in Charity Shield encounter with Manchester United.

August 20 - Scores first Liverpool goal after just seven minutes of league debut against Middlesbrough at Ayresome Park.

August 23 - Nets on Anfield debut as the Reds beat Newcastle 2-0.

1978: Tops the club's goalscoring chart at the end of first full season with Liverpool, his one-in-two ratio bringing 31 goals in 62 appearances.

May 10 - Scores the winning goal in the European Cup final against FC Brugge at Wembley.

1979: Awarded the Football Writers' Player of the Year award as Liverpool wrap up the First Division championship.

1980: Wins second league title with Liverpool.

1981: Liverpool win the League Cup, but the big prize comes as the Reds clinch the third European Cup of the Bob Paisley era.

1982: Liverpool claim another league title and a second successive League Cup win.

1983: A third League Cup triumph is capped by securing back-to-back league titles. Dalglish's contribution is recognised as he wins both main player of the year awards.

1984: Now playing under Joe Fagan, Dalglish is again inspirational as Liverpool clinch a famous treble, lifting the European Cup, league title and League Cup.

1985: May 29 - Hours before the ill-fated European Cup final against Juventus at the Heysel Stadium in Brussels, Fagan announced he would retire at the end of the season, leaving Dalglish to step up to a player/manager role.

1986: With English clubs banned from Europe in the wake of the Heysel disaster, Dalglish secured a league and FA Cup double, scoring the goal which won the First Division crown.

1987: Liverpool finish the 1986-87 season without any of the major domestic prizes.

1988: Dalglish signs Peter Beardsley, John Barnes and John Aldridge and his new-look side win a second title under his tenure as player-manager.

1989: April 15 - Dalglish endures his darkest hour as Liverpool manager when 96 fans of the club die in a crush at Hillsborough at FA Cup semi-final against Nottingham Forest.

May 20 - Just five weeks after the events of Hillsborough, Dalglish leads Liverpool to an emotional 3-2 win over Everton in the FA Cup final at Wembley.

1990: May 1 - Makes his final appearance for the club at the age of 38, coming on as a second-half substitute in Liverpool's last home game of the season against Derby, by which time the Reds were league champions for the third time under Dalglish and for the 18th time in total. He retired with a record of 172 goals in 515 first-team games for the club.

1991: February 22 - Dalglish ends his long association with Liverpool as he stands down as manager on health grounds.

2009: July 3 - Dalglish is appointed to a senior role at the Liverpool academy and is also to act as a club ambassador.

2010: June - Asked to help find Rafael Benitez's successor. After completing his search puts himself forward for consideration but is rejected by the board. Roy Hodgson is eventually appointed.

2011: January 8 - Following Hodgson's departure, Dalglish takes charge of Liverpool until the end of the season.

May 12 - Signs a three-year deal to remain at Anfield.

December 21: Incurs widespread criticism for joining players by wearing a T-shirt in a show of support for Luis Suarez, accused of racially abusing Patrice Evra.

February 12: Publicly apologises for "conduct not befitting of a Liverpool manager" during a television interview after defeat at Manchester United prior to which Suarez refused to shake the hand of Evra.

February 26 - Ends Liverpool's six-year trophy drought with a Carling Cup victory over Cardiff at Wembley.

April 12: Liverpool chairman Tom Werner states owners Fenway Sports Group have "great confidence in Kenny and he enjoys our full support".

May 5 - Liverpool lose FA Cup final 2-1 to Chelsea.

May 13 - A defeat at Swansea condemns Liverpool to their lowest league finish (eighth) for 18 years and their lowest points tally (52) since 1953/54. Flies out to Boston for meeting with principal owner John Henry and Werner.

May 16: Contract terminated by the club.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don Capello is the man Pool should get and the one likely to bring the glory days back to Anfield. He has a winner's mentality and a shrewd tactician. I'll bet my house Pool will end up top 4 if he's in charge. The boozing culture at Anfield will come to an end.

jw5

Loyal
Was reported on espnnews that Wigan owner Dave Whelan had given permission for Liverfool to approach Martinez.
Dave told Martinez that Liverfool has become a "souless" club. :biggrin: