• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

It pays to be a debt collector but not a debtor

DefJam

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Man fined $3,000 for intimidating son's creditors with axe

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/quk3b4XmfNY?rel=0&showinfo=0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

Published on Nov 19, 2014 1:05 PM
By Ian Poh

SINGAPORE - Incensed at legal debt collectors who had confronted his son at home over an unpaid motorcycle loan, Wong Foo Yu retrieved an axe with a 40cm blade and chased one of them to the staircase landing.

He swung the axe at the staircase's metal railings, breaking the axe in two, and continued to swing the handle at the debt collector.

On Wednesday, Wong was fined $3,000 after pleading guilty to committing criminal intimidation on Mr Andra Chew Keng Leng, 37.

It is unclear how much the loan, which had gone unpaid for four months already, amounted to. Wong told reporters after the court hearing that the bike was worth $2,000.

hofmann

Alfrescian
Loyal
the poor dad. if he had paid off the debt (and spoil his son) he would have saved on court fine. damned if you do, damned if you don't.

i think i would just slash the motor's tires if i were him.

no easy answer to this one.

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the poor dad. if he had paid off the debt (and spoil his son) he would have saved on court fine. damned if you do, damned if you don't.

i think i would just slash the motor's tires if i were him.

no easy answer to this one.

No money to pay, return the motorcycle to the bank/finance company and pay the difference.
O$P$
There would be no debt collector to harass anyone in the first place.