• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Is this you Sam?

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore — A man has been arrested for voluntarily causing hurt to a public servant after being told to wear a mask.

BB1d3yJn.img
© The Independent Singapore
The 38-year-old was apprehended on Thursday (Jan 21) for not cooperating with a Certis auxiliary police officer and allegedly punching the officer on the head, according to a channelnewsasia.com report.

The police received a call at about 4 pm that day from the Certis officer. He had been tasked with Covid-19 safe distancing compliance checks along Teban Gardens Road.

The enforcement officer had seen a man who was allegedly not wearing a face mask. He advised the man to wear a mask and asked for his particulars but the man attempted to run away.

When the officer caught up with the man, the latter allegedly punched the officer on the head.

The man was eventually detained and handed over to the police.

The alleged assailant will be charged with voluntarily causing hurt to deter a public servant from carrying out his duty.

The man faces imprisonment of up to seven years, a fine, caning, or any combination of these if he is found guilty.

He will also be investigated for breaching Covid-19 measures.

Beginning April 14 last year, mask-wearing in public became compulsory in Singapore. Failure to do so may result in a S$300 fine for the first offence. Repeat offenders could face higher fines or court prosecution.

“The police have zero tolerance towards such acts of violence against public servants who are carrying out their duties and will not hesitate to take action against those who blatantly disregard the law,” said the Singapore Police Force. /TISG

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN my uncle advice is do not do stoopid things against pap and waste your lifeline KNN everyone is wearing mask so why should you kay kiang KNN my uncle only will do it necessarily KNN eg go cpfb with chopper when cpf is due or pull the sda ear to the nearest market mrt etc if they talk or arrest about social distancing KNN

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN my uncle advice is do not do stoopid things against pap and waste your lifeline KNN everyone is wearing mask so why should you kay kiang KNN my uncle only will do it necessarily KNN eg go cpfb with chopper when cpf is due or pull the sda ear to the nearest market mrt etc if they talk or arrest about social distancing KNN
KNN also pls do not misinterpret it and punch the sda on the spot becas you do not have a fucking proof to do that KNN pull the fucking ear to the nearest market my uncle guarantee the sda will 拿你没办法 KNN

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN also pls do not misinterpret it and punch the sda on the spot becas you do not have a fucking proof to do that KNN pull the fucking ear to the nearest market my uncle guarantee the sda will 拿你没办法 KNN
KNN you may ask what right you have to pull their fucking ear and why the ear ? KNN my uncle say this is not the time to talk about rights yet becas the fucking sda also does not have the right to arrest you so it is a draw at that point of time KNN now why the ear ? KNN my uncle say you think the sda will follow your leequest to go and take a look ? KNN my uncle had tested the most weak point on human is the ear KNN when you pull the fucking ear it is very hard to disarm it don't believe try it with a partner KNN

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN you may ask what right you have to pull their fucking ear and why the ear ? KNN my uncle say this is not the time to talk about rights yet becas the fucking sda also does not have the right to arrest you so it is a draw at that point of time KNN now why the ear ? KNN my uncle say you think the sda will follow your leequest to go and take a look ? KNN my uncle had tested the most weak point on human is the ear KNN when you pull the fucking ear it is very hard to disarm it don't believe try it with a partner KNN
Now you may ask what penalty you will expect to leeceive upon pulling a public servant ear to proof your point ? KNN my uncle will say it is no offence KNN why? KNN becas when polis want to arrest you for a suspected crime and you leefused arrest they will also use force KNN can you say polis use force on you ? KNN similarly this is a yi ya huan ya theory KNN use force on them to proof they are the suspect and not yourself KNN but make sure you pull them to the leeal crowded market or else you will be in deep trouble KNN

countryman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore — A man has been arrested for voluntarily causing hurt to a public servant after being told to wear a mask.

BB1d3yJn.img
© The Independent Singapore
The 38-year-old was apprehended on Thursday (Jan 21) for not cooperating with a Certis auxiliary police officer and allegedly punching the officer on the head, according to a channelnewsasia.com report.

The police received a call at about 4 pm that day from the Certis officer. He had been tasked with Covid-19 safe distancing compliance checks along Teban Gardens Road.

The enforcement officer had seen a man who was allegedly not wearing a face mask. He advised the man to wear a mask and asked for his particulars but the man attempted to run away.

When the officer caught up with the man, the latter allegedly punched the officer on the head.

The man was eventually detained and handed over to the police.

The alleged assailant will be charged with voluntarily causing hurt to deter a public servant from carrying out his duty.

The man faces imprisonment of up to seven years, a fine, caning, or any combination of these if he is found guilty.

He will also be investigated for breaching Covid-19 measures.

Beginning April 14 last year, mask-wearing in public became compulsory in Singapore. Failure to do so may result in a S$300 fine for the first offence. Repeat offenders could face higher fines or court prosecution.

“The police have zero tolerance towards such acts of violence against public servants who are carrying out their duties and will not hesitate to take action against those who blatantly disregard the law,” said the Singapore Police Force. /TISG
Surely not.. He wouldn't dare to go against the law lah...

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone can be an ambassador now... If on CNY you bo song with a neighbour for being noisy, you can call the police and they will come a calling. Don't you know? :rolleyes:

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
The 14 imported cases for 26 Jan 2020 are:

Two Singaporean men aged 48 and 36 and one permanent resident, a 53-year-old woman, who returned from the United Kingdom, Russia and United States respectively...I thought we ban all incoming from UK ?

Two dependant’s pass holders who arrived from India and Portugal

Two work pass holders who came from India

Six work permit holders who arrived from Bangladesh, India and Indonesia; among them was one foreign domestic worker

One short-term visit pass holder who came from India to visit her child here

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal
SINGAPORE — The surge in imported Covid-19 cases seen in Singapore in recent weeks is not the result of more travellers entering the country, Education Minister Lawrence Wong said on Monday (Jan 25).Instead, the rise is due to the much higher infection rate of the virus that continues to rage overseas, he said at a dialogue organised by the Institute of Policy Studies centred around a post-pandemic Singapore.

Mr Wong, the co-chair of the Government’s Covid-19 task force, was responding to an audience question on how the city-state plans to sustain its trade and economy while balancing the risk of imported cases amid a surge in cases around the world.Singapore on Monday reported 44 new cases of Covid-19, all of which were imported.On Sunday, it reported 48 new imported cases, equalling the country’s record for the highest number of daily imported cases set on March 23 last year.“We have not increased (the number of) travellers coming into Singapore,” Mr Wong said on Monday.

Politicians from PAP, WP and PSP debate non-Chinese PM issue at IPS forum“Why have the numbers gone up? It’s simply because the prevalence rate, the incidence rate, of the disease is much higher now. The virus is raging in countries everywhere.”Mr Wong said that the largest sources of travellers remain construction and foreign domestic workers, and the number of these workers entering Singapore has also not risen “in recent times”.These travellers are required to take a pre-departure test 72 hours before they arrive.“But the nature of these sorts of tests is that they are not foolproof,” Mr Wong said, adding that some people may initially test negative while the body is incubating the virus.That is why, he said, these travellers have to serve stay-home notices of 14 days, or up to 21 days for certain countries, to quarantine them from the community.“Those are precautions that we have been taking all along and we will continue to take… even as we have a continuous flow of people coming in, which is needed for Singapore’s economy and society to function,” he added.
44 new Covid-19 cases in Singapore, all imported“We do all that is necessary to take the necessary precautions and safeguards, and isolate these cases from seeping through our community.”
Read more at https://www.todayonline.com/singapo...-more-travellers-entering-spore-lawrence-wong