• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Is the PAP Totally Lost?

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do the following show that the PAP is totally lost ?

"Average S’poreans won’t feel effects of high inflation: Tharman"

"PM Lee uses example of Germany to highlight importance of welcoming and integrating foreigners
"

Does Tharman truly believe that the average Singaporean doesnt feel the eeffect of high inflation?

Does LHL believe that Singapore's import of cheap foreign trash is the same as what Germany is doing in letting skilled workers to work in its country?

Does LHL know that Germany doesnt give out its citizenship easily to foreigners unlike what the pap is doing?

Is the PAP totally lost? Has the pap showed that it is no more qualified to govern?

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Singapore govt is not the PAP. Singapore belongs to all Singaporeans, not anyone or any particular entity.

Criticisms against the ruling party is the not the same as criticising the govt, and vice versa.

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore has achieved much for a country of our size with no natural resources. The PAP has contributed much to our successes and I don't think any level-headed reasonable person will dispute that. But no one can be perfect so it is natural PAP as the ruling party bears the brunt of anger when problems arise. Traffic jams, MRT breakdowns, flooding, widening income gap, etc. Problems that need to be solved and they're not easy, regardless of whether PAP or any other party is the govt. Of course, some of these problems exist in other countries so we're not immune and people should not blame the PAP for causing them.

But if a ruling party (for so long) is confident of itself for what it has achieved over the years, then it must demonstrate tolerance of different opinions or even dissent. Polarising the society by engendering a with-me-or-against-me environment certainly will not help us progress as a nation. Look at the problems as they're and deal with them. Bring together our people regardless of our political beliefs so that we have a better chance to solve our problems.

And what makes a country great? To me, it's the humanity to create equal opportunities for all, celebrate successes of the top people, at the same time help those who fall behind get up, stand on their own two feet amd move on. What I find objectionable here is the tendency to label those who are not doing well as dumb, lazy, losers, etc. I'm sure there're some who are indeed dumb, lazy and losers. But to make sweeping statements about them smacks of arrogance and elitism.

I hope the arrogant elitists will NEVER be in govt. They're not only a disgrace to Singapore but a disgrace to mankind.

Last edited:

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Singapore govt is not the PAP. Singapore belongs to all Singaporeans, not anyone or any particular entity.

Criticisms against the ruling party is the not the same as criticising the govt, and vice versa.

I fully agree with you. Singaporeans must know that the pap is not SG

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore has achieved much for a country of our size with no natural resources. The PAP has contributed much to our successes and I don't think any level-headed reasonable person will dispute that. But no one can be perfect so it is natural PAP as the ruling party bears the brunt of anger when problems arise. Traffic jams, MRT breakdowns, flooding, widening income gap, etc. Problems that need to be solved and they're not easy, regardless of whether PAP or any other party is the govt. Of course, some of these problems exist in other countries so we're not immune and people should not blame the PAP for causing them.

But if a ruling party (for so long) is confident of itself for what it has achieved over the years, then it must demonstrate tolerance of different opinions or even dissent. Polarising the society by engendering a with-me-or-against-me environment certainly will not help us progress as a nation. Look at the problems as they're and deal with them. Bring together our people regardless of our political beliefs so that we have a better chance to solve our problems.

And what makes a country great? To me, it's the humanity to create equal opportunities for all, celebrate successes of the top people, at the same time help those who fall behind get up, stand on their own two feet amd move on. What I find objectionable here is the tendency to label those who are not doing well as dumb, lazy, losers, etc. I'm sure there're some who are indeed dumb, lazy and losers. But to make sweeping statements about them smacks of arrogance and elitism.

I hope the arrogant elitists will NEVER be in govt. They're not only a disgrace to Singapore but a disgrace to mankind.

Well said. Unless the pap changes to be more caring for SG and Singaporeans, Singaporeans must vote out the pap before it destroys SG