• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

is it cheaper to pay the fines or the lawyers?

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
has the court case against 18 SDP protestors arrives at a verdict yet? this posting in victorsun's pirate sbf kopitiam :

Politics - How much is Jaslyn Go's legal fee? Subscribe
To: ALL (1 of 3)

TBT Trials - Lawyers coming forward - Thank you

Contrary to what people believed, altruism exists in Singapore.

We have six confirmed lawyers and maybe up to eight lawyers coming forward to assist to defend a number of the 18 protestors.

This morning it is confirmed that Ms Jaslyn Go will be represented by Mr. R. Thrumurgan of Thiru & Co. and Ms Surayah Binte Akbar will be represented by Mr. Amarick Gill from Amarick Gill & Co.

Both of the lawyers will be representing two lady protestors on a special fee arrangement basis.

Mr. R. Thrumurgan and Mr. Amarick Gill, I hereby salute you for coming forward.

good to hear altrusim is alive here but will it be CHEAPER to just pay the fines than paying to the legal fees?:confused:

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
here's another news:
TBT lawyer no. 3 - Mr. Dennis Chua
Today I arranged for Mr. Dennis Chua to meet Mr. Ng E-Jay for his representation.

It is confirmed now Mr. Ng E-Jay will be defended by Mr. Dennis Chua.

Mr. Dennis Chua, I salute you.

are those lawyers acting for the charged protestors voluntarily like what lau lee used to do that before he came into power in the past? so it's free legal services for the sake of altruism?

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
seriously, if protesting publicly has backing from chilvarious lawyers performing altrusim, many would be encouraged to participate next time. the anxiety and apprehension to bear the financial burden is just too overwhelming.

has any protestors in HK or taiwan ever been sued by their gov there?

BobKHSim

Alfrescian
Loyal
seriously, if protesting publicly has backing from chilvarious lawyers performing altrusim, many would be encouraged to participate next time.

Good!

we would then witness the demise of your PAP demons sooner rather than later!

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
no one is above the law.....SDP is no exception....so are the paps.

it would be interesting to know whether the leegal fees is cheaper than fine.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
the irony is this: what did they protest about? high cost of living, am i right?
if engaging lawyers who may bill at concessionary rate, in the end, they will still be convicted. either a fine or a jail term issued. BUT...then they might still need to pay the lawyers' fees which means they end up paying more: fines and legal fees.

(i believe even chiatilik charged chee siok chin for his leegal services, right? special rate maybe.....NO???:confused::eek:)

again, what were they protesting about?? HIGH COST OF LIVING??!!:eek:

the fine stipulated was about 1k - without lawyer. so with lawyer, can discount to how much? say maybe $500. then lawyer fee, how much? maybe a token fee of $500. the end figure may come up to be the same, 1k!

just a bo liao projection....take it as a joke please unless u r those angry clones:p