• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

India : Indian girl spontaneously bleeds through pores

DerekLeung

Alfrescian
Loyal
Indian girl spontaneously bleeds through pores

www.chinaview.cn 2008-10-03 10:23:08

BEIJING, Oct. 3 (Xinhuanet) -- A 13-year-old Indian girl who bleeds spontaneously from her pores has baffled Indian doctors, according to British media reports Thursday.

Twinkle Dwivedi, losing blood through her skin without being cut or scratched, had to undergo transfusions after pints of blood seeped through her eyes, nose, neck and the soles of her feet.

"It was scary and messy. My school blouse went all red. No-one would come near me or play with me," Dwivedi said.

"I used to cry nearly every time it happened. But now I just keep quiet." She added.

The 13-year-old was a normal girl, according to reports, until one day in July 2007 when she began to bleed spontaneously through her mouth. A doctor diagnosed it as an ulcer. But a few weeks later she started bleeding between five and 20 times a day from pores near her hairline, nose, eyes and feet.

Villagers near her home believe she must be cursed and shout cruel things in the street.

All doctors that Dwivedi's family have consulted could not find a cure as they believe the youngster's condition is an extreme version of a rare blood platelet disorder.

The doctors from All India Institute of Medical Sciences in Delhi believe she has Type 2 Platelet Disorder, a condition where blood is dangerously low in clotting particles. They said her blood is watery and has the color of a light red wine - but they cannot find a treatment to make it thicker.

However, there is some hope after a British consultant hematologist said it is curable.

Dr. Drew Provan, from Barts Hospital in London, said the girl may have Type II von Willebrand disease, wherein there is a deficiency of a protein called von Willebrand factor that is essential during the initial stages of clotting.

Twinkle, who has 3 sisters, lives with her family in the Alambagh area of Lucknow city, Uttar Pradesh, India.

(Agencies)