• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

If you guys wish to F Raymond Lim, read this....

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
As title says, if you wish to F Raymond Lim for his irresponsible out of the mouth comments, there must be evidence before we start F-ing them.

So for a start, I went to SMRT website and read through their various press releases.

http://www.smrt.com.sg/news/News.asp?N_YYear=2008

http://www.smrt.com.sg/SMRT APPLIES FOR FARE ADJUSTMENT.pdf

On the 1st August 2008, SMRT has submitted its application for fare adjustment to the Public Transport Council (PTC).

Under this application, there were various reasons.
Please read PDF pt 4, pt 5

4. Even a maximum fare adjustment will not fully mitigate cost increases due to an inflationary and higher operating cost environment. For FY2008, SMRT’s energy cost increased 18% to $89.7 million due mainly to higher electricity and diesel prices. Of the $89.7 million, electricity cost accounted for $47.5 million, an increase of 19% compared to FY2007. Diesel costs for bus operations amounted to $42.2 million, 17% higher than last financial year. Besides higher electricity and diesel costs, SMRT fully absorbed the increase in GST by two percentage points.

5. Given the pressure on costs for fuel, the operating environment continues to be challenging. Crude oil prices increased 62% to US$125 per barrel from a year ago. As a result of the sharp hike in diesel prices, bus operations posted losses of $3.3 million in the first quarter of FY2009. In addition, prices of electricity which is used in our train operations, has gone up. The current contracted electricity rate is up almost 15% compared to the previous contract which ended on 31 March 2008.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Pt 4, 5 were two of the few reasons as to why SMRT submitted their applications for fare increase or fare adjustment they call it.

So Raymond Lim is rather clueless when he made those comments. I think maybe he didn't read carefully SMRT's reasons for fare increases, that is why he didn't know what to comment. :biggrin:

Q

Qinhuang

Good information.

Ah Lim is a fool protecting the familee.

As title says, if you wish to F Raymond Lim for his irresponsible out of the mouth comments, there must be evidence before we start F-ing them.

So for a start, I went to SMRT website and read through their various press releases.

http://www.smrt.com.sg/news/News.asp?N_YYear=2008

http://www.smrt.com.sg/SMRT APPLIES FOR FARE ADJUSTMENT.pdf

On the 1st August 2008, SMRT has submitted its application for fare adjustment to the Public Transport Council (PTC).

Under this application, there were various reasons.
Please read PDF pt 4, pt 5

4. Even a maximum fare adjustment will not fully mitigate cost increases due to an inflationary and higher operating cost environment. For FY2008, SMRT’s energy cost increased 18% to $89.7 million due mainly to higher electricity and diesel prices. Of the $89.7 million, electricity cost accounted for $47.5 million, an increase of 19% compared to FY2007. Diesel costs for bus operations amounted to $42.2 million, 17% higher than last financial year. Besides higher electricity and diesel costs, SMRT fully absorbed the increase in GST by two percentage points.

5. Given the pressure on costs for fuel, the operating environment continues to be challenging. Crude oil prices increased 62% to US$125 per barrel from a year ago. As a result of the sharp hike in diesel prices, bus operations posted losses of $3.3 million in the first quarter of FY2009. In addition, prices of electricity which is used in our train operations, has gone up. The current contracted electricity rate is up almost 15% compared to the previous contract which ended on 31 March 2008.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Pt 4, 5 were two of the few reasons as to why SMRT submitted their applications for fare increase or fare adjustment they call it.

So Raymond Lim is rather clueless when he made those comments. I think maybe he didn't read carefully SMRT's reasons for fare increases, that is why he didn't know what to comment. :biggrin:

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
why wasn't he doing his homework?

That is why when we want to F someone, we must do our homework and not give comments like a headless chicken. :o

Okay, someone can take this new evidence and post to him or the Press or whatever they want to. :wink:

mscitw

Alfrescian
Loyal
Minion Lim is competing to be the top vermin of the regime in 2008, with this outburst, he is sure to crown the Regime's Champion Vermin 2008.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Precisely what I meant when I thought I heard him saying transport fare increase was due to higher oil price but yesterday news shocked me when he twisted his words by saying now transport fare cannot decrease because it has nothing to link with oil prices. Can we continue to trust pap?

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Precisely what I meant when I thought I heard him saying transport fare increase was due to higher oil price but yesterday news shocked me when he twisted his words by saying now transport fare cannot decrease because it has nothing to link with oil prices. Can we continue to trust pap?

Bro, do u happen to have a link on that?

lolabunny

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is why when we want to F someone, we must do our homework and not give comments like a headless chicken. :o

Okay, someone can take this new evidence and post to him or the Press or whatever they want to. :wink:

Unfortunately the world doesn't always work like that. When you have unreasonable family members or co-workers, you don't need hard facts or fairness when they wanna screw you. :p:p:p

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
Unfortunately the world doesn't always work like that. When you have unreasonable family members or co-workers, you don't need hard facts or fairness when they wanna screw you. :p:p:p

Well, you can't say the world doesn't work like this, when LKY sue those who slander him, he won because its all in black and white and something which has been said and not made up.

Raymond Lim said the fare adjustment was done without the crude oil prices taken into consideration. So the next thing we should do instead of ranting is to find out the real reason why was there a fare adjustment the previous time. Fair enough if it was to improve service efficiency or more carriages like what they said. But in SMRT's application, they cited the increasing crude oil prices resulting in higher electricity prices as one reason why they applied for fare adjustment. If fare adjustment (the previous time) was done without these reasons, we can rant and rant with no evidence and reply to what Raymond Lim said. Now we have a reason. It's written in Black and White in SMRT website.

Also it doesn't mean SPH can censor all news.

Remember the Ping-pong saga at Olympics.
Lee Bee Wah screwed up with her comments. It was posted loud and clear with the public's displeasure.

So if the minister said something wrong, voices will be heard. Whether this kind of thing gets seen in the newspapers, we might or might not. But I am sure PAP will tell this Raymond Lim, next time please don't sia sway us with these comments and please do your homework before shooting the mouth off. :biggrin:

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal

Then you have to do your homework to find out when he said previously that fare increase was due to higher crude oil prices
:p

As for trusting PAP based on what one person say, I think its not fair to mixed them all up together and drift too far off.

Unless he says those comments came from the party itself. I remember something previously from WP or SDP that one of their leaders said something in public and later on, the party members came out and said the comments is based on that individual and does not represent the party's stand.

We will lose our sense of judgement if we start to drift off too far on a topic and having biased thoughts on a party:wink:

Neh_Neh_Pok

Alfrescian
Loyal
This Transport miniskirter is the worst Pees candidate of all time. I can't help it but have to show him this >>
mf.jpg
:cool:
mf.jpg