• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

how to be somebody instead of nobody?

LexLuthor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do little good and announce to the world your good deeds, in the process exaggerate and fabricate.

Willamshakespear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Emptiness is Form
Form is Emptiness

My humble apologies to TS for yet again interfering with his thread, but I found the above mentioned quote interesting & thought to share.

To many, Buddhism teachings seem contradictory, just like the above mentioned quote. However, it takes only one to pause & reflect on that simple quote. We Humans are each given the Divine gift of life, free will & intelligence with the means to discern REALITIES - smell, taste, hear, touch & see...

Emptiness is Form:-
It is about how one presents oneself to others. If one shows emptiness, it allow others to JUDGE him, if others wish to do so, as a moron, an idiot, a beggar, etc. It gives the others a chance to FORM their own personal perspective & mental image of such a person. However, we Humanity had been taught to look beyond 1st impressions - to judge a person by his/her actions & words, perspectives & mental image that sticks for life.

Form is Emptiness:-

There are those who value FORM of 1st impressions, even conmen do. They can show devoutness - pray 5 time a day, light candles in prayers, wear luxury attire to show off wealth, etc. Such are perspectives & mental images FORCED upon others, until actions & words by them show the EMPTINESS of their soul.

Perhaps Buddhism, without the dogmas, should be conducted in English to reach out to a wider World audience. Buddhism is NOT a religion, but a way of life.

My favourite story of enlightenment is this:-

There were two Buddhist monks at a river side. They saw a girl who wanted to cross the river. One of the monk carried the girl across the river. The other was mumbling to himself all the way across. On the other side of the river, the monk place the girl down & continue on his journey, but the monk continued with his mumblings. So he asked what was wrong.

The other monk then told him that they are not allowed to touch women, & a wrong was done. The monk then explained - 'The girl was in need of help & would drown if she attempted to cross on her own. I had saved a life. Furthermore, I had already left her safely on the bank of the river WHILE YOU are still carrying the baggage in your heart.'

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
My humble apologies to TS for yet again interfering with his thread, but I found the above mentioned quote interesting & thought to share.

To many, Buddhism teachings seem contradictory, just like the above mentioned quote. However, it takes only one to pause & reflect on that simple quote. We Humans are each given the Divine gift of life, free will & intelligence with the means to discern REALITIES - smell, taste, hear, touch & see...

Emptiness is Form:-
It is about how one presents oneself to others. If one shows emptiness, it allow others to JUDGE him, if others wish to do so, as a moron, an idiot, a beggar, etc. It gives the others a chance to FORM their own personal perspective & mental image of such a person. However, we Humanity had been taught to look beyond 1st impressions - to judge a person by his/her actions & words, perspectives & mental image that sticks for life.

Form is Emptiness:-

There are those who value FORM of 1st impressions, even conmen do. They can show devoutness - pray 5 time a day, light candles in prayers, wear luxury attire to show off wealth, etc. Such are perspectives & mental images FORCED upon others, until actions & words by them show the EMPTINESS of their soul.

Perhaps Buddhism, without the dogmas, should be conducted in English to reach out to a wider World audience. Buddhism is NOT a religion, but a way of life.

My favourite story of enlightenment is this:-

There were two Buddhist monks at a river side. They saw a girl who wanted to cross the river. One of the monk carried the girl across the river. The other was mumbling to himself all the way across. On the other side of the river, the monk place the girl down & continue on his journey, but the monk continued with his mumblings. So he asked what was wrong.

The other monk then told him that they are not allowed to touch women, & a wrong was done. The monk then explained - 'The girl was in need of help & would drown if she attempted to cross on her own. I had saved a life. Furthermore, I had already left her safely on the bank of the river WHILE YOU are still carrying the baggage in your heart.'