• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How singapore's rich pay 0% tax and poor pay 40%

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can you imagine that LKY, LHL,... would pay any taxes:eek:

I remember reading somewhere that the PAP MP's are exempted from income taxes. If they are liable I bet that it is only a token amount. Those in power will definitely fix the system for their own benefit & that would include NOT paying their fair share. Do you think the tax people would dare tell LKY that he owed taxes:biggrin:

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can you imagine that LKY, LHL,... would pay any taxes:eek:

I remember reading somewhere that the PAP MP's are exempted from income taxes. If they are liable I bet that it is only a token amount. Those in power will definitely fix the system for their own benefit & that would include NOT paying their fair share. Do you think the tax people would dare tell LKY that he owed taxes:biggrin:

LKY LHL pay tax ? If they don't take our tax we should be grateful liao still dare to hope for them to pay LOL

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore is a wicked regime whereby the rich can pay almost 0% tax, meanwhile the effective tax rate for poor in my estimate is more than 40%. For a rich person that earns for example S$10 million, from dividends, he will pay almost NO tax at all.

in the 70's and 80's
there was a personal relief given to everyone paying income tax , no matter how much u earned and your age.
i think it is $4000, comprising of earned relief , personal relief and one more relief. ( cannot remembered name)
in the 90's they remove of these relief ($1000) , total relief becoame $3000
and now the relief is just $1000 for those below 55 years old.

effectively , the lower income groups are made to pay more tax . :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Last edited:

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You have to learn to say the right things to the right people. Even if they don't have direct authority to help you they'll teach you how to put on a good "wayang" for the appropriate person.

I do have to point out that not all my grant applications were approved. However, I managed to net the important ones.

oh yeah that means I always lick the wrong ass :biggrin:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
By the way, as of this year the CPF has become a tax since no one is allowed to take it out.

So don't forget which party to vote against in the next GE

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
EDB focuses on SG tech exported overseas. What did you sell them? SBF or the sister forum?

The company was making computer peripherals. 90% of our output was exported. The remaining 10% went to multinationals located in Singapore.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So far no one can convince us that CPF is good for us and that it is not a scam. So, the majority is always right.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
So far no one can convince us that CPF is good for us and that it is not a scam. So, the majority is always right.

CPF is a tool to help save money for retirement. Whether it's good or bad for you all depends upon how you use it.