• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How much of Your Business Costs goes to Rent ?

Rabbit7

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Gelang Night Bazzar, how did the three different companies win the bid ?
How do they justify the huge rents that the operators pay ?

Are there anyone operating businesses, who analyse th eportion of business costs attributed to paying Rent ?

Is Singapore Land-Lord Top-Heavy to the extent that most other small industries simply cannot operate, grow ?

Norty

Alfrescian
Loyal
Different industries set different standards – anywhere from 2 to 20 percent. Some business owners say it's not worth thinking about for long: Just look for the cheapest place that won't actually scare customers off.

liamricci

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am the lucky one and zero business costs go to rent. My work is 100% remote, so i can work from the cafe, bedroom or even from the beach (the last is not the best option when the sunshine is too strong). All i need is microsoft teams sms, decent laptop and an internet connection . Don't want to go back to the normal office routine and spend more than half of my life with the people which don't understand me.

Last edited:

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
High cost of starting a business will deter start ups.
Most if the tech start up big ones we snatch from somewhere else plus gave them cash and incentives to relocate.