• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How much has SG lost due to the MRT breakdowns this yr? A calculation performed

micromachine

Lieutenant General
Loyal
I decided to calculate how much we have lost as a nation in terms of productivity.

The Gross Domestic Product per capita in Singapore was last recorded at 52600.60 US dollars in 2016 for that year. From here: https://tradingeconomics.com/singapore/gdp-per-capita

Total paid hours worked per employee per week in 2015 is 45.6. From here: http://stats.mom.gov.sg/Pages/Hours-Worked-Summary-Table.aspx

There are 52 weeks in a year. So, the GDP per capita per week is 52600/52=1011USD$. In a week, an average worker works 45.6hours. Therefore, per hour the average worker is paid 1011/45.6=22USD$

Granted, I did some rounding adjustments here and there, but this is the general pay. As of now, USD$22 = SGD$29.94. For ease of calculations in future, I will take it as a worker’s average hourly pay in Singapore is SGD$30. There are of course outliers, those who earn a lot less and a lot more, and perhaps I should take the median, but I was interested in getting fast results. Plus, workers who are affected by MRT breakdowns, will affect those higher up, even those who do not use MRT.

............. How much has Singapore lost due to the MRT breakdowns this year?

SGD$4.5million x 32.25 = SGD$145.125 million

More at https://www.prolificcrap.com/forum/...has-sg-lost-due-to-the-mrt-breakdowns-this-yr

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How much money did the top men of SMRT made during the breakdowns, plus those of the $8 Cow?

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nonsense. Do Singaporeans make money when you sleep? If you lose a few minutes from breakdown, you just got to sleep a little less every now and then. Don’t sweat the small stuffs.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I decided to calculate how much we have lost as a nation in terms of productivity.

The Gross Domestic Product per capita in Singapore was last recorded at 52600.60 US dollars in 2016 for that year. From here: https://tradingeconomics.com/singapore/gdp-per-capita

Total paid hours worked per employee per week in 2015 is 45.6. From here: http://stats.mom.gov.sg/Pages/Hours-Worked-Summary-Table.aspx

There are 52 weeks in a year. So, the GDP per capita per week is 52600/52=1011USD$. In a week, an average worker works 45.6hours. Therefore, per hour the average worker is paid 1011/45.6=22USD$

Granted, I did some rounding adjustments here and there, but this is the general pay. As of now, USD$22 = SGD$29.94. For ease of calculations in future, I will take it as a worker’s average hourly pay in Singapore is SGD$30. There are of course outliers, those who earn a lot less and a lot more, and perhaps I should take the median, but I was interested in getting fast results. Plus, workers who are affected by MRT breakdowns, will affect those higher up, even those who do not use MRT.

............. How much has Singapore lost due to the MRT breakdowns this year?

SGD$4.5million x 32.25 = SGD$145.125 million

More at https://www.prolificcrap.com/forum/...has-sg-lost-due-to-the-mrt-breakdowns-this-yr

This figure assumes that sinkies work the required number of hours. The reality is very different. Sinkies may be in the office for 8 hours a day but the amount of time they are actually working is probably less than a quarter of that.

They'll arrive at work, log on to their computers and pretend to be working but many are actually surfing sammyboy. I know this because I can see the traffic patterns. Between 8 to 9 am there is a dramatic rise in the number of connections.

I'm pretty certain that if I had access to facebook logs I'd see exactly the same traffic pattern from SG.

9:30 am is coffee break. It's supposed to be 10 to 15 minutes but talking cock and complaining about the PAP takes at least half an hour.

Before long it's lunch time... another long break.

A good lunch makes everyone sleepy so 1 to 2 pm is never productive.

However 3:30 pm is usually tea break time so everyone comes to life.

After tea it's a matter of appearing busy until the boss leaves. Once he's gone, work stops again.

So Singaporeans can relax. The unreliable MRT system doesn't cost the economy much because arriving at work 3 to 4 hours late makes hardly any difference to the productivity levels. However it would make a difference to sammyboy traffic.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Even if TS’ number is correct $145mil is peanut to the rich Singaporeans

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Humans being are never productive every minute or hour thru their working day. Even if they are delayed by couple of hours per week and delayed every week of the year, they tend to catchup and deliver on what they are supposed to do during work. Companies rate workers by what can deliver and no longer when they turn up and how long they do their work.

Gone are the days of assembly lines and factory workers where missing workers can halt the line. Thus such calculations are outdated and no longer relevant. Gone are the days when breaks were highly regulated.

At the moment the issues revolve around convenience, reliability, competency and reputation. The tipping point where economic loss is quite far away as there are taxis, buses and various modes of private transport. There are also people who stay at home and hook up to their office via vpn to do their work.

It also reflects on other issues many of which are structural and much more worrying. The failure of the scholar cadre and the system that created them. The politics of not assigning blame within the establishment, repeated failures suggesting that it more than skin deep and the lost sense amongst the leadership.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i know for a fact that productivity is the pits in sg. more so with office workers. in logistics and warehousing, once containers are opened early in the morning (they arrive at night and detach containers at the docking bay of warehouse, and trucks are driven by kelings across the border, never sinkies), tiong and jiuhu workers would be there on time to unload. sinkie workers would arrive late, lim kopi provided by warehouse, talk cock and kpkb about missing 4-d numbers. they are late because they wake up late and have their makan somewhere before they show up at work. their performance is measured by on-time delivery of goods to retailers before the day is over, thus they can tuan and work short hours so long as they accomplish their daily delivery missions. bo pian have to keep sinkie workers and pay them a higher wage to retain them due to mom quota policies. lately that’s threading on thin ice as they either feign illness, don’t show up for work, and or miss deliveries. for 3 out of 5.5 workdays we have to subcontract deliveries to shipping companies due to sinkie worker absence, fake illness, poor performance. we figure out raising pay will not attract better sinkie workers as stats over past years have shown majority sinkie workers are beyond redemption in logistics jobs, not mentioning hopeless in office jobs. we are petitioning mom to ease up on the foreign worker quota. right now tiongs are doing the heavy lifting followed by kampung jiuhukia and keling. city jiuhukia are becumming like sinkies, always kpkb.

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The fucking face they lost is worth trillions, unmanageable with current versions of calculators. The Transport Minister refuses to perform Hara Kiri because of pain and the PM is afraid of Desmond Kuek also because of the pain Quek might inflict.. I had said this long ago....nobody can touch Desmond Kuek.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree.

The fucking face they lost is worth trillions, unmanageable with current versions of calculators. The Transport Minister refuses to perform Hara Kiri because of pain and the PM is afraid of Desmond Kuek also because of the pain Quek might inflict.. I had said this long ago....nobody can touch Desmond Kuek.