• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

how many of you are living off accumulated wealth?

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
accumulated wealth as in money passed down by your parents or grandparents?

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the reason i asked is that i know a few sinkies who are not working but living a lavish lifestyle, i supposed there are many more out there. wht do u mean by future accumulated wealth?

How about future accumulated wealth?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Still working, but no longer living off the salary. In recent years, I am paying my bills entirely with dividend income. That dividend income came from wealth accumulated from years of saving my salary, and then investing that savings. I think if young working adults did something like that, the dividend income would grow into a significant source of income and accumulated wealth over time. Compound interest at work.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
good for you...:smile:

Still working, but no longer living off the salary. In recent years, I am paying my bills entirely with dividend income. That dividend income came from wealth accumulated from years of saving my salary, and then investing that savings. I think if young working adults did something like that, the dividend income would grow into a significant source of income and accumulated wealth over time. Compound interest at work.

JackyCheung

Alfrescian
Loyal

how old are you?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation. It's bullshit. - Gordon Gekko

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation. It's bullshit. - Gordon Gekko

the ratio has changed,the richest 85 people in this world now owns more wealth than the bottom 3 billion.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/laurash...ve-as-much-wealth-as-the-3-5-billion-poorest/

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Noted.
I was highlighting that majority of the wealth comes from inheritance

well i would dispute that,that quote came from a movie in the 80s,2/3rd of billionaires are self made today but it doesnt matter i guess,the rich still owns this world.

democracy is an illusion,politicians work for the corporations.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

One of the problems of this modern capitalist world
Is oft times management does not have a signficant stake
While on other hand shareholders are diverse
Those with large stakes use the listed entity as piggy bank
Sovereign funds without accountability to People
They are the worst and daft Sinkies you made it happen

[video=youtube;PF_iorX_MAw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PF_iorX_MAw[/video]