• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How come Thais get to enjoy the fun?

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
October 8, 2008
Thai Protesters Trap Legislators
By SETH MYDANS and THOMAS FULLER

BANGKOK — In a day of street battles that left more than 100 people injured, thousands of anti-government protesters surrounded the Thai Parliament Tuesday, trapping hundreds of members inside for more than five hours.

Prime Minister Somchai Wongsawat escaped over a back fence in the morning after delivering a policy address. But other members were unable to leave until the police dispersed the protesters and cleared the way for them.

"We ran, ran, ran," said one Parliament member, Niyom Vejkarma, who had stripped off his jacket and tie and fled from the building in his patent leather shoes.

"My eyes are sore," he said, referring to the tear gas that lingered in the air, as he and fellow lawmakers stood at a street corner with their mobile telephones and called their drivers.

The siege escalated a six-week sit-in on the grounds of the prime minister’s office, less than a mile away, that has forced the government to relocate its business to a former international airport.

The surrounding of the Parliament, meanwhile, appeared to have been well planned and well supplied. Protesters distributed food, water and masks to protect against tear gas. They made barricades out of tires and razor wire and secured the entrance to the Parliament building. Groups of reinforcements arrived during the afternoon, some carrying banners.

The police attacked the protesters repeatedly, firing tear gas canisters and stun grenades and injuring scores of people, including two who lost parts of their legs.

The protesters, some wearing motorcycle helmets and masks, some armed with metal rods, machetes and slingshots, threw back tear gas canisters as well as rocks and firecrackers.

A hospital spokesman quoted by The Associated Press said 118 people had been injured, 24 of them seriously. A police spokesman said several police officers were also hurt, including one who was stabbed in the abdomen with a metal pole.

Queen Sirikit, the wife of King Bhumibol Adulyadej, donated 100,000 baht, or about $2,900, to Vachira Hospital to help treat the injured, said hospital director Wanchai Chareonchoktawee. Both sides in the political standoff have claimed allegiance to the monarchy.

"Together we win or lose, we will know it today, we won’t give up," said Anchalee Paireerak, a leader of the People’s Alliance for Democracy, the anti-government group that has held street protests since May and continues to occupy the grounds of the prime minister’s office.

The alliance is a patchwork coalition of businessmen, academics and activists who accuse the government of being a proxy for former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra, who was ousted in a coup in 2006 and who is now a fugitive in London where he has asked for political asylum to avoid corruption cases against him.

They seek to modify the country’s democratic system to weaken the electoral power of the rural poor, who formed the base of support of Mr. Thaksin and now of the ruling People Power Party.

The prime minister is a brother-in-law of Mr. Thaksin, but has sought to find a compromise with the protesters since taking office three weeks ago. Their aggressive action Tuesday appeared to have derailed the early stages of talks between the two sides.

Deputy Prime Minister Chavalit Yongchaiyudh resigned early in the day, taking responsibility for the failure of the talks.

In his policy speech, before he fled the building, Mr. Somchai said, "This government is determined to tackle economic problems and to listen to all sides to find a solution to end the crisis."

Mr. Somchai took office after his predecessor, Samak Sundaravej, was forced to step down by a court, which found him guilty of conflict of interest for being paid to appear on a televised cooking show.

During a day of violence, protesters also set fire to parked cars and trucks and smashed the windows of police vans.

About a mile away from the fighting, an unidentified person was killed when a vehicle exploded near the headquarters of the Chart Thai Party, a member of the six-party government coalition. The police said they suspected that a bomb had caused the explosion.

Despite the violence, during the day the crowd outside Parliament had a sometimes lighthearted air, with middle-class men and women and even a few children joining the crowd.

"I’m here to chase out the government," said Piyanuch Klangrach, 19, a computer science student who was wearing a Mickey Mouse hat, shorts, a yellow shirt and heels.

Some distance from the demonstration, Supit Nakham, 42, the driver of a three-wheel "tuk-tuk" taxi, voiced the feelings of many other Thais who have become weary of the protests and the economic damage they have caused:

“I’m bored with this. The economy is bad. Fewer tourists are coming to Thailand. There are traffic jams all over the place. I can’t work. They should talk this out and the demonstration should stop."

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
such opposition does not help the country one bit.

yes, if you prolong it to a decade,maybe it will work.

suffer now, enjoy better political system later.

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
eagerly waiting for some thai loser to come here to praise the 'guts' of thai ppl to the sky..:biggrin:

e.g. sinkies are ball-less.. thai ppl will fight for what they want etc.. keke..:biggrin:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
eagerly waiting for some thai loser to come here to praise the 'guts' of thai ppl to the sky..:biggrin:

e.g. sinkies are ball-less.. thai ppl will fight for what they want etc.. keke..:biggrin:

Yup.You said it yourself. You are one balless sinkie who insult your own Leader WKS at his back and yet still have to stand by his side to lick his balls.

I dun think a thai will do such shameful and low life thing as that.

You are living in a land that he lead. If you dun like him then go right in front of him and show him that. Oh yeah, a sinkie will not and dare not do that Because you need him to feed you as you cannot feed yourself.

Wayne Piew

Alfrescian
Loyal
such opposition does not help the country one bit.

The same can be said of our local opposition. Thank goodness we singaporeans can see thru the local opposition's evil intentions of distrupting the local economy with strong votes for the PAP in every elections since 1965.

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
predictable rant from predictable u-know-who...

alright way to go thai.., more bloodshed pls.. :biggrin: anyway 3rd world blood are cheap..

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup.You said it yourself. You are one balless sinkie who insult your own Leader WKS at his back and yet still have to stand by his side to lick his balls.

I dun think a thai will do such shameful and low life thing as that.

You are living in a land that he lead. If you dun like him then go right in front of him and show him that. Oh yeah, a sinkie will not and dare not do that Because you need him to feed you as you cannot feed yourself.

i am ball-less?? u dare ask your thai prostitute gf stay with me 1 nite or not? :biggrin:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I hope WKS will raise prices more to screw more sinkies, that is what sinkie deserve. Way the go WKS!!!

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hope WKS will raise prices more to screw more sinkies, that is what sinkie deserve. Way the go WKS!!!

kaypoh with spore business again.. chey.. living in thai so boring huh?? go to bangkok n protest lah.. u got big balls rite..:biggrin:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
WKS, thank you for screwing those worthless sinkies who only know how to complain and dare not action.

Please continue your screwing job and hopefully you will intensified it daily.

ah_phah

Alfrescian
Loyal

thai protester got godfather to fund & support their protest against gahmen. that's y they can afford to camp outside gahmen buildings to make noise for months. they can even organise until protestors can rotate shift, so got time to go home shit, shower & sleep, take care or family matters, and come back next shift to make noise again.

in sg, if wanna protest, can only camp at honglim park and also need to dig into their own already burnt pocket. even if wanna protest, less than 1 day already sipeh siong liao. where got $ to make nice & big posters, where got $ to mass produce anti-gahmen t-shirts?

if there's sponsors to finance protest, i think honglim park not big enough liao

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
thank you thai pm for screwing useless thai protestors..

Hi bro sifu.. let's not thaify the thais like others sinkify s'poreans. I understand you may be distressed to be lumped into a stereotype, like I am too, but let the bro in question wake up to the fact that a few black sheep don't make the lot. Read my signature :wink:

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi bro sifu.. let's not thaify the thais like others sinkify s'poreans. I understand you may be distressed to be lumped into a stereotype, like I am too, but let the bro in question wake up to the fact that a few black sheep don't make the lot. Read my signature :wink:

yes bro.. will heed your advice..

Amitofoh..:biggrin: