• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Hoseh liao Independent candidate Andrew Kuan pulls out of Joo Chiat contest

tioliaohuat

Alfrescian
Loyal
SINGAPORE : Independent candidate Andrew Kuan has pulled out of the General Election (GE).

This leaves the Joo Chiat single ward as a straight fight between the People's Action Party (PAP) and the Workers' Party (WP).

Mr Kuan said he made the decision Tuesday morning, after realising the WP is adamant about contesting the ward.

"I will not submit my nominations tomorrow (Nomination Day: April 27), because it's good to graciously move aside," said Mr Kuan.

He continued: "Because a three-cornered fight will definitely benefit the PAP. That's not my main aim when I contest to serve Joo Chiat residents."

But Mr Kuan said the groundwork he has done will not go to waste.

Having made new friends during his walkabouts, he has managed to, in his words, seek "closure in a dignified manner", after failing to qualify for the presidential elections in 2005.

Several years ago, it was reported that his former bosses at JTC Corporation asked him to leave the company, because of unsatisfactory performance.

But the then-Chief Financial Officer loaded documents onto his website, about 2 weeks ago, which he said prove otherwise.

He said he wants to move on with his private life and close the matter.

- CNA /ls

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He should join forces with this guy

bird-brained.jpg

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha...joker should join force with the other jokers trying to form a team to contest in TP GRC.
then i say his deposit is safe otherwise I chop........

Kukubird good idea not so kuku. :biggrin: But I think too bad and too late...now's only about 12 hours to nomination.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
2 multi-cornered fights left as of now?
Mountbatten SMC ( 3 corners fight )
Sengkang West SMC ( WP/SDA )