• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Hopefully these students can remember this incident and vote wisely when it is their time to vote

GUDANGARAM

Alfrescian
Loyal
An affected participant, who did not wish to be named, told The Straits Times he felt that his efforts studying had gone to waste.

The student said: “I honestly felt quite frustrated because my friends and I spent a lot of time preparing for it. My school also spent resources in order to help my friends and I to achieve good results, and I feel that it was all in vain.”

A Secondary 4 student, who did not wish to be named, said the postponement made him “dejected due to the sunk cost put in”.

He said that it is common for schools to have after-school training for participants with alumni and teachers.

Some schools hire external instructors to train the students, with the costs covered partially or entirely by the schools, he added.

He said: “I spent time at home studying for the competition, sacrificing time that could be used for my regular subjects.

“Nonetheless, I am glad to have gained information that would be useful in junior college.”

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
About 104 secondary schools registered some 2,300 students for the 2024 competition, which was scheduled to be held online. It was not the first time the Olympiad was organised online.

Why was it held online? The scamdemic is already over, no? Or you cocksuckers just want to virtue signal about what a 'smart nation' you are by doing everything online? :wink: