• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Healthy Hot: Cayenne Pepper

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm always keeping an eye out for health solutions & the latest thing that caught my eye is cayenne pepper. I've long heard that spicy was good for your health but didn't realise how potent it is. I would consider it a Super food because of all the benefits. I'm using it to improve my circulation & high blood pressure but there's so many other benefits to taking cayenne pepper: kills cancer cells linked to prostate/lung/pancreatic cancer, ulcers,....... Can also apply it on the skin:eek:

You can read more about it's benefits at the following sites:

http://www.cayennepepper.info/health-benefits-of-cayenne-pepper.html
http://www.earthclinic.com/Remedies/cayenne.html

I'm using a cayenne tincture from Dr. Christopher
http://www.iherb.com/Christopher-s-Original-Formula-Hot-Cayenne-Extract-1-fl-oz-30-ml/15032?at=0

I mix it with warm water & sip it. I've read that the tincture & powder forms are better than the capsules because when the tongue senses the heat, it prepares the body to receive the spicy pepper.

You can of course buy powdered cayenne pepper locally but I only paid US$8.12 + US$5(postage) for the handy tincture form & the postage included some other supplements: ubiquinol & cruciferous supplements.

If you are concerned with breast cancer look at cruciferous vegetables like broccoli, cabbage, kale,... which contain indole-3-carbinol a powerful antioxidant reputed to combat breast cancer. I'm taking it to boost my hormone levels. The supplement I'm trying out is
http://www.iherb.com/Now-Foods-Indole-3-Carbinol-I3C-200-mg-60-Vcaps/636?at=0

I've tried eating more broccoli but it's not easy to do on a daily basis. Sometimes the supermarket has only broccoli from China. It's easier to just pop a pill. :smile:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I use McCormick black pepper on everything I eat at home. :biggrin:

Pepper is not hot enough.

Cayenne pepper normally has a rating of 40,000 MU. The tincture I'm using has a M.U. of 180,000.

Correction: H.U. & not MU

Last edited:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
is it so hot that you could die?

Some chilli like thai chilli with soup can kill you.

The chilli found in those tar mee dishes. The cut chilli in soya sauce and then washed down with hot soup. OMG unbearable.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
is it so hot that you could die?

I have a low chilli tolerance. Although I like spicy foods, I start perspiring & tearing whenever I eat spicy foods:o

That was one of the reasons I opted for the tincture form. I started with one drop & quickly moved on to 5 drops. I can easily tolerate more but I don't think it's necessary because I start to sweat & get a tingling feeling in my hands & legs.

I take my other supplements after taking cayenne pepper. I read that cayenne pepper improves the absorption of other supplements. I think it's because it gets the blood moving?

Faidenk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hottest pepper sauce I had was West Indies Hot Pepper Sauce. Far as I know, not sold in SG. A small drop goes a long waaaay, all to the end of your arse. In SG, the closest I could find is the Predator Hot Sauce from the US.

But all my meals are accompanied by the run-of-the-meal (pun intended) chili padi with a squeeze of lime. Chili keeps me young (well almost) and potent.

Cranial Blowout

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chilli peppers are supposedly not addictive, but I enjoy the feeling I get from eating very hot chilli peppers.

They contain an oil called Capsicum. It activates pain receptors ('trigeminal cells') that sense the acid and burning sensation. These receptors are located throughout the mouth nose and throat. The trigeminal cells send pain signal to the brain. The brain responds by releasing endorphins. Endorphins give a feeling of euphoria, a pleasure sensation, or a 'High'.

Simultaneously, the body responds with increase in heart rate, metabolism, mouth salivation, sweating and a runny nose.:smile:

Turmeric is another spice that scientist claim treats many diseases including Alzheimer’s disease.

http://www.turmeric-benefits.info/

jw5

Loyal
Hottest chilli I ever had was a chilli noodle dish in a szechuan restaurant in Shanghai.
Rated 6 chillis and once you ate it, your tongue and lips would be burning. :biggrin:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Using cayenne pepper will increase the metabolism(ie thermogenic effect). So those looking to lose weight should take note:smile:

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can't be that spice helps to lose weight. Look at those fat Indians and Malays, especially women. They eat tons of spice and look like weighing tons themselves.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can't be that spice helps to lose weight. Look at those fat Indians and Malays, especially women. They eat tons of spice and look like weighing tons themselves.

You can't expect chilli to do miracles:biggrin:
Must admit that some of the Malay girls do look hot but over time they age ungracefully. It's probably due to all that nasi lemak, sweet cakes, goreng this & goreng that.

Fasting is also not healthy for the metabolism. One is better off taking smaller regular small meals than very large irregular meals as it would keep metabolism constantly high.

Better metabolism must also be supported with a healthy lifestyle which includes exercise & eating properly.
Look at the thais who do like spicy foods & seem to be healthier:smile:

As for the indians being fat is a culturally thing. Maybe it's their way of showing affluence:confused: