• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Good time to back underdogs

G

General Veers

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="560"><tbody><tr><td colspan="2" valign="top" width="550">Good time to back underdogs <!-- TITLE : end--> <!--
THESE days, the Big Four are no longer winning games and clearing handicaps as easily as they did earlier in the season. --> </td> </tr> <tr></tr><tr> <td colspan="2" align="left" valign="top" width="550"> <table> <tbody><tr> <td> <table> <tbody><tr><td class="content_subtitle">Eric Ding</td> </tr> <tr><td class="content_subtitle" align="left"> Sun, Dec 20, 2009
The New Paper </td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> <td align="right" width="400"> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td align="right" valign="top">
but_printfriendly.gif
</td> <td height="15">
blank.gif
</td> <td align="right" valign="top"> <form action="emailToFriend.jsp" method="POST" name="emailToFriendForm"> <input name="emailToFriendPageURL" value="/vgn-ext-templating/asiaone/emailToFriend.jsp?vgnextoid=7ca08a1e369a5210VgnVCM100000430a0a0aRCRD&vgnextchannel=f6dbadbd2b722110VgnVCM100000bd0a0a0aRCRD" type="hidden"> <input name="emailToFriendStoryLink" value="http://www.asiaone.com/News/The%2BNew%2BPaper/Story/A1Story20091220-186999.html" type="hidden">
but_email.gif
</form> <script> function openEmailA1AdminWindow(emailToFriendForm) { var emailToFriendPageURL = emailToFriendForm.emailToFriendPageURL.value; emailToFriendForm.action = emailToFriendPageURL; emailToFriendForm.target="_blank"; emailToFriendForm.submit(); } </script> </td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td><td>
</td></tr> </tbody></table> </td> </tr> <tr><td colspan="3" class="bodytext_10pt"> <!-- CONTENT : start -->

THESE days, the Big Four are no longer winning games and clearing handicaps as easily as they did earlier in the season. And the bookmakers are not giving away early Christmas gifts by setting incredibly low odds for the usual favourites this weekend. Once again, Liverpool and Manchester United are overwhelming favourites on the Asian-handicap market with both teams giving a one-ball handicap to their opponents.'The Big Four have been losing the handicap on many occasions,' said seasoned punter Glen Tan.

'Chelsea's draw with Everton and Manchester United's defeat to Aston Villa are two shock results to mention. 'Maybe this is the time for bookmakers to recover their losses and that is why I've decided to go against the favourites this weekend.' Out of the Big Four, Tan expects Liverpool and Manchester United to find it difficult on the Asian handicap.

Liverpool have set their sights on finishing in the top four in their bid to get back into playing Champions League football next season. As a result, Rafael Benitez's side is travelling to Portsmouth with the intention of going for a victory. 'I suggested to my friends last week that Liverpool might not be a side to trust now and sure enough Arsenal duly beat them at Anfield,' said Tan.

Dangerous
'And the good news for those looking to oppose Rafael Benitez's side again this weekend is the fact that Fratton Park is never an easy place to visit. 'Liverpool did beat Wigan in midweek but it might be dangerous to read too much into that result because I don't think they are playing at their best. 'Portsmouth's spirited bid to stay in the Premiership was clearly evident as they performed well despite losing to Chelsea in midweek and that display could provide the springboard for an upturn in fortunes. 'No doubt Liverpool have the superior quality but Portsmouth are sure to be fired up for this home fixture so I reckon it won't be easy for the visitors.'

Tan reckons Fulham are a difficult team to beat and the Red Devils will have to be at their best if they are to take three points away. 'United bounced back with a win over Wolves in midweek after losing to Aston Villa a few days earlier,' he said. 'But that win over the Wolves reserves is nothing to be proud of so it will be fascinating to see how they react against high-flying Fulham. 'The key for me tonight is home advantage - 16 of Fulham's 23 points have come at Craven Cottage and they have won four and drawn one of their last five home matches. 'You get the feeling Fulham have more than enough going forward to trouble an injury-hit United backline. 'I find that Fulham look a decent bet with the one-ball handicap and they are my best bet this weekend.'

<small>The writer is a freelancer.</small>

</td></tr></tbody></table>