• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Generous soul spotted

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are some small terraced houses in that area, such as:
propertyguru.com.sg/listing/20199995
located along Jalan Lim Tai See (very near Sixth Avenue and Hwa Chong Institution); so if this "Mr Loh Kum Mow" is truly a "known miser", it should not be a surprise if he lived in only a small terraced house, even though he could probably afford a small bungalow, right? :wink:
He was 89 in 2016 so very unlikely he bought his house only in 1993 but much earlier. This leased hold house started from 1993.

musashi

Alfrescian
Loyal
He was 89 in 2016 so very unlikely he bought his house only in 1993 but much earlier.
Maybe he used to live in a condo unit, but decided to retire in a small terraced house when he was in his 60s? :wink:

This leased hold house started from 1993.
That was just one example of small landed houses in that area, right?
Did I say that he bought his house in/after "1993" and in that particular estate? o_O

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe he used to live in a condo unit, but decided to retire in a small terraced house when he was in his 60s? :wink:

That was just one example of small landed houses in that area, right?
Did I say that he bought his house in/after "1993" and in that particular estate? o_O
Very unusual to change from condo to leasedhold landed at age 66 in 1993. Oh has to be old leased hold to be that price of 2.6m.

ThePimp

Alfrescian
Loyal
Die already, give away $1 or $1b makes fuck all difference to the dead.

Generosity is measured when alive.

It makes a difference if the dead person had people he cared about and wanted to leave money to. If there were people like that and he still gave $1b away to charities or strangers, it is still generous.

musashi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very unusual to change from condo to leasedhold landed at age 66 in 1993.
I agree that it's unusual, but it's obviously possible, right? :wink:

Oh has to be old leased hold to be that price of 2.6m.
Yes, that's another possibility, in which case he might have bought his small landed house well before 1993 in another estate within the "Bukit Timah" area, maybe when he was in his 50s or even 40s because, as I've already highlighted, the key part of that article is:
....when Mr Loh's shares were fully liquidated.
The rest of his fortune was portioned out to his four nephews and nieces, who inherited 13.75 per cent each, and his three sisters received six per cent each.
and I've already calculated:
S$3.35 / S$20 x 100% = 16.75% of his "S$20 million wealth" was willed to those four charities;
(13.75% x "four nephews and nieces") + (6% x "three sisters") = 73% was willed to those seven relatives of his;
so I suspect the market value of his "Bukit Timah house" (which might be a small terraced house) is 100% - 16.75% - 73% = 10.25% (or S$2.05 million) of his "S$20 million wealth", but I might be wrong. :wink:

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Money worshipper to the max .. lol :biggrin:
Another big fat lie when I am stating facts. See everyone? I talk market value of house can also be called money worshipper by Malaysian dogs that just want to label you money worshipper.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Die already, give away $1 or $1b makes fuck all difference to the dead.

Generosity is measured when alive.
Wrong. He lived a thrifty life to amass the fortune to give away. He could have spent it all to maximize his enjoyment in life and not give anything to charity.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
It makes a difference if the dead person had people he cared about and wanted to leave money to. If there were people like that and he still gave $1b away to charities or strangers, it is still generous.
Yeah that’s right. So many rich people but how many are philanthropists giving money to charity when dead? Most gave to their children and relatives only.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree that it's unusual, but it's obviously possible, right? :wink:

Yes, that's another possibility, in which case he might have bought his small landed house well before 1993 in another estate within the "Bukit Timah" area, maybe when he was in his 50s or even 40s because, as I've already highlighted, the key part of that article is:

and I've already calculated:
I only said it’s unusual I didn’t say it’s not possible to change from condo to 99 year Leased hold house at age 66. Yeah more likely he bought a freehold house in his 40s at cheap price and now worth millionS.