• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

GE2011 - Tin PL vs Vincent Wijeysingha

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE id=msgUN border=0 cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>
icon.aspx
Coffeeshop Chit Chat - GE2011 - Tin PL vs Vincent Wijeysingha</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"></TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead vAlign=top><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>LauZoeTay <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>5:48 am </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right>(1 of 1) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"></TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>48460.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD id=msgtxt_1 class=msgtxt>GE2011 - Tin Pei Ling vs Vincent Wijeysingha anyone?

SM Goh "......Is this election about Tin Pei Ling? No. This election is more than just Marine Parade GRC. It's about the future of Singapore."

Then, if it is about the future of SIngapore, why the need to hide Tin Pei Ling behind the cloak-tail of a strong GRC Leader like SM Goh to ensure Tin Pei Ling will have a "95% Confident Limit" of being elected?

I live in Marine Parade GRC.
Who am I voting for?
If I vote for PAP, certainly, I see myself not voting for "Future of Singapore" but voting for that faits accompli of a crass political power grab called "GRC" by providing a back-door to PAP"s selected "Imperial Mandarinate" candidates to serve Imperial SIngapore.

Who was it that in that not so distant past of previous GE - if I recalled correctly - that said that "if you vote PAP, you vote for the TEAM and not individuals"?

And if I vote for "Team PAP", it is not voting for "the future of SIngapore" but for pre-selected Mandarins to serve in the court of Imperial Singapore.

Let's not kid ourself as with an inept Opposition, staying well within OB Marker and a mere pale shadow of a copy fo PAP Clone, the "future of SIngapore" will still lies within the grasp of PAP till 2016/17 and beyond...whether 50% of Marine Parade GRC Electorate and I vote against PAP.

And why the kaisuism of PAP still continuously wrapping Tin Pei Ling in thick wrappings of cotton-wool to protect her from the harsh glare of public scrutinies when all senior PAP leaders keep praising her merits, capability and grassroot works at MAcPherson SMC?

Has SM Goh lost that courage of GE1997 where he deliberately carved out MacPherson SMC and challenged Chee Soon Juan to stand against Mattias Yao - then a newbie?

Vincent Wiljeysingha is a full-time social worker; and from what I read in Press reports, what attracted Tin Pei Ling to PAP leaders is her forte in involving in grassroot works for teh past 7 years.

Both are social workers, and both are newbies.

Then, let PAP walks the tlaka dn put the money where their mouths is and has full confidence in Tin Pei Ling in winning MacPherson SMC on her own by issueing a challenge to Vincent Wijeysingha to satnd against her at MacPherson SMC.

And if Tin Pei Ling wins, then integrate MacPherson SMC into MArine PArade GRC and all her critics will then shut-up as it will be proven beyond any doubt that she is capable of winning an election by her ability and not hiding behind cloaktail of GRC Leader.

Isn't PM Lee who said that the purpose of GRC is to provide Minorities with a Voice in Parliament?
Then, PM Lee, give VIncent Wijeysingha to debunk or prove your contention that Minorities cannot win an election in a Chinese-dominated SMC liek MAcpherson SMC.

Over to you PM Lee and SM Goh to walk the talk that "GE2011 is all about the future of SIngapore, and not rubber-stamping the PAP pre-selected Imperial Mandarins to serve in Court of Imperial Singapore".
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>