• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Fuckup Comfort DelGro is a national disgrace. Must be useless Ahneh IT

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal
ComfortDelGro app, taxi-booking phone line down due to 'surge in volume'

www.channelnewsasia.com

SINGAPORE: ComfortDelGro’s customers and drivers were unable to access the taxi operator's mobile application and call booking service on Saturday afternoon (May 7) due to a technical fault.
“Our app and call booking services started experiencing a technical fault due to a surge in booking volume at about 1pm today," said ComfortDelGro Corporation's group chief branding and communications officer Tammy Tan in response to CNA's queries.
"We have since rectified the problem and both booking services are now up and running."
ComfortDelGro, Singapore's largest taxi operator, said in a Facebook post at about 6.20pm that app and call booking services are back to normal.
"We are deeply sorry for the inconvenience caused. Do note that we are expecting high booking volume this weekend and seek your patience and understanding," it added.
Ms Tan said ComfortDelGro is closely monitoring the situation.
A customer told CNA that she faced issues with the app at about 1.15pm. She had to hail a taxi to travel from Katong to Hougang after being unable to book one.

Advertisement​

Scroll to continue with content
“There was no way to even book a cab, so we were depending on street hail,” said the customer who only wanted to be known as Mrs Saviour. “The app couldn’t even get my location at first.”
Mrs Saviour added that she uninstalled and reinstalled the app, but it still showed an error message saying there was a problem with the server connection.
The booking hotline was also down when CNA tried calling at about 4.30pm.
ComfortDelGro, Singapore's largest taxi operator, recently relaunched its mobile app under a new name, CDG Zig. It combines the taxi booking application and the company's now-decommissioned lifestyle application Zig.

maxsanic

Alfrescian
Loyal
ComfortDelGro app, taxi-booking phone line down due to 'surge in volume'

www.channelnewsasia.com

SINGAPORE: ComfortDelGro’s customers and drivers were unable to access the taxi operator's mobile application and call booking service on Saturday afternoon (May 7) due to a technical fault.
“Our app and call booking services started experiencing a technical fault due to a surge in booking volume at about 1pm today," said ComfortDelGro Corporation's group chief branding and communications officer Tammy Tan in response to CNA's queries.
"We have since rectified the problem and both booking services are now up and running."
ComfortDelGro, Singapore's largest taxi operator, said in a Facebook post at about 6.20pm that app and call booking services are back to normal.
"We are deeply sorry for the inconvenience caused. Do note that we are expecting high booking volume this weekend and seek your patience and understanding," it added.
Ms Tan said ComfortDelGro is closely monitoring the situation.
A customer told CNA that she faced issues with the app at about 1.15pm. She had to hail a taxi to travel from Katong to Hougang after being unable to book one.

Advertisement​

Scroll to continue with content
“There was no way to even book a cab, so we were depending on street hail,” said the customer who only wanted to be known as Mrs Saviour. “The app couldn’t even get my location at first.”
Mrs Saviour added that she uninstalled and reinstalled the app, but it still showed an error message saying there was a problem with the server connection.
The booking hotline was also down when CNA tried calling at about 4.30pm.
ComfortDelGro, Singapore's largest taxi operator, recently relaunched its mobile app under a new name, CDG Zig. It combines the taxi booking application and the company's now-decommissioned lifestyle application Zig.

Nope, it's a local.

https://www.comfortdelgro.com/board-management
Siew Yim Cheng

Group Chief Digital Officer

Ms Siew Yim Cheng was appointed Group Chief Digital Officer on 17 February 2020. She is responsible for the Group’s transformation roadmap and products, and oversees the digital transformation initiatives and Information Technology of the Group. Prior to joining the Group, Ms Siew was Global Vice President for Smart City with Envision Digital, where she was responsible for leading the development of Artificial Intelligence-Internet of Things and smart city products and solutions. Prior to that, she was also the Chief Digital Officer for JTC Corporation. Ms Siew holds a Bachelor of Engineering - EEE (First Class) from the National University of Singapore, and had attended the Cybersecurity Executive Education Programme with Harvard Kennedy School. She is also the President of IT Management Association, Deputy Chairman of Ngee Ann Polytechnic ICT Advisory Committee, Member of Ngee Ann Polytechnic’s Digitalisation Sub-Committee, Member of Technical Expert Panel for Singapore International Mediation Centre, and Member of Council of Industry Leaders, Tech Talent Assembly.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aiyo Singapore always sia suay one la. Unable to cope in surge of volume from a measly population in Singapore? Then go let dogs fuck la!

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This app, that app. So high tech for what?

I bet you get less cockups with this:

boon-lay-garden-radio-taxi-service.jpg

maxsanic

Alfrescian
Loyal
From what I understand previously the CDG taxi app was relatively OK and did what it set out to do, i.e. enable people to book taxis. For some odd unexplainable reason, the higher ups decided to merge a decent taxi app with a useless and buggy lifestyle app called Zig and it's been downhill ever since.

The weirdest thing is this Zig had almost no active users at all, so it made no sense to merge a well0-functioning app with significant market share with a never heard before buggy app that serves no real purpose.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
From what I understand previously the CDG taxi app was relatively OK and did what it set out to do, i.e. enable people to book taxis. For some odd unexplainable reason, the higher ups decided to merge a decent taxi app with a useless and buggy lifestyle app called Zig and it's been downhill ever since.

The weirdest thing is this Zig had almost no active users at all, so it made no sense to merge a well0-functioning app with significant market share with a never heard before buggy app that serves no real purpose.
They are trying to make Zig a super all in one app just like Grab. Lifestyle my balls! Haha

Why don’t they offer a coffin bundle along with a cab ride? It’s very apt!

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Sounds like what some scholars and cronies would do.

mahjongking

Alfrescian
Loyal
nowadays this app, that app, this app, in the end everybody gets confused
technology is faster but brain cells are dying even faster

lots of IT setups are actually doing nothing then to con investors
Grab is classic example, con the food deliverers and then the investors

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
There was no way to even book a cab, so we were depending on street hail,” said the customer who only wanted to be known as Mrs Saviour. “The app couldn’t even get my location at first
KNN nowadays taxi still got stop for you on the streets other than taxi stand and those grave yard time? KNN

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
But you miss the most important aspect: Comfort’s app offers the cheapest ride. Fuck Grab, fuck Gojek… their prices have gone insane, 80% of the time they have exorbitant surge charges. Comfort’s app will display somewhat 30% lower price during these timing, but in fact the metered fare usually turns out to be half of the fixed fare of Just Grab. More importantly, you can actually get a metered cab with Comfort’s Z.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
But you miss the most important aspect: Comfort’s app offers the cheapest ride. Fuck Grab, fuck Gojek… their prices have gone insane, 80% of the time they have exorbitant surge charges. Comfort’s app will display somewhat 30% lower price during these timing, but in fact the metered fare usually turns out to be half of the fixed fare of Just Grab. More importantly, you can actually get a metered cab with Comfort’s Z.
Correct but My uncle still see tam chia ter nao sinkies taking grab when the surge is almost doubled the price of metered taxi fare :biggrin:

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
They are trying to make Zig a super all in one app just like Grab. Lifestyle my balls! Haha

Why don’t they offer a coffin bundle along with a cab ride? It’s very apt!
Super app needs to have a mountain of people to maintain. Comfort delgro is rich but then their resources is relatively thin compared to Grab. CDG has only Singapore mkt to contend with.

Grab has a whole of South East Asia.