• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

FT Shebby Singh earns GBP400,000pa, screws up Blackburn

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<hgroup>[h=1]Berg, Kean, fans not the problem at Blackburn[/h]</hgroup><address>Posted by Iain Macintosh</address>

<!-- template inline --><!-- photo wide photo -->
soc_g_berg1_sy_576.jpg
<cite>Paul Thomas/Getty Images</cite>The issue with Henning Berg isn't that he won just one of 10 games in charge at Blackburn; it's why he was ever hired in the first place.
<!-- end wide photo -->Ordinarily, the sacking of a football manager after just 57 days in charge might come as something of a surprise. But nothing that Blackburn Rovers do is surprising anymore. In the two years and one month that the Venky's Group have been blindly slapping buttons and yanking levers in the boardroom, they have transformed a respected football club into a laughingstock. From the safety of the Premier League, Blackburn now find themselves falling to the bottom of the Championship like a brick tossed down a well.

Like Steve Kean before him, the tragedy of Henning Berg is not that he was sacked but that he was ever appointed in the first place. Kean bore the brunt of the fans' anger -- rightly so, given that he took their club down -- but why was a rookie coach installed in place of an experienced and proven manager? Berg won just a single game in his 10-match spell, but why was a man with such a modest track record appointed to such a challenging role in the first place? Was he given the job purely because he had once played for Blackburn?

And what of the man who makes these decisions, global adviser Shebby Singh? For the reported 400,000 pounds he earns every year, what is he bringing to the table? He's a Malaysian footballer turned controversial TV pundit; what does he know of the battle-scarred quagmire that is the second flight?

Ultimately, Blackburn's fans deserve better than this. The supporters aren't stupid despite the best attempts of some to paint them that way. They knew that even under normal circumstances, it was highly unlikely that Rovers would ever return to the top of the table. The days when Jack Walker’s money was enough to help them challenge the likes of Manchester United are long gone.

Berg sacked as Rovers boss

They also knew that being located too close to Manchester and Merseyside to enjoy widespread support in the region, Blackburn would always have to work hard to sustain themselves in the top flight. But with sensible senior management from John Williams and team management from Sam Allardyce, that’s exactly what they were doing. There were bargain signings, progression from the youth teams and tactics that maximised their resources.

And then everything was thrown away in a ludicrous and hopeless lunge for the big time. Did they think Allardyce had constructed a prosaic, functional team for fun or because that was the best way to survive? They know now.

soc_berg_singh_d1_300.jpg
<cite>Alex Livesey/Getty Images</cite>Shebby Singh, right, is the public face of Venky's Group, the collective that has taken Blackburn from Prem comfort to the brink of disaster.

Oddly, it was the supporters who were pilloried for their reaction to last season's inevitable relegation. When they had the temerity to protest against a manager out of his depth and owners that appeared to have all the football knowledge of a 10-year-old boy who had just played "FIFA 2011" for the first time, they were dragged through the m&d. "How can they boo their own manager? Don't they realise that it's not helpful to attack their own club?" asked the pundits.

What those experts failed to grasp was that Blackburn Rovers had ceased to be "their own club" when Venky's first arrived. The fans knew exactly what was happening. They knew that their future had been squandered by feckless know-nothings. They knew they were going down and were paying through the nose for the privilege of watching it firsthand. And they were expected to paint their faces, dance a jig and blow kisses to the owners while it all went up in smoke in front of their eyes? They had every right to jeer.

Blackburn Rovers are no longer a functioning football club. They're twisted wreckage on the side of the road, something for us to slow down and peer at before accelerating away and thanking God it wasn't us. Who would now slip their tracksuited bottom into Berg's vacated seat? Who would work for the Venky's Group knowing that, along with common sense, wisdom and know-how, there is now a marked absence of patience, too?

Cynics might remark that football is nothing more than a business, but Blackburn Rovers weren't formed in 1875 to maximise commercial revenues in the sub-continent or to secure generous TV rights. They weren't established to be a plaything for naive chicken merchants in search of adulation. They were created to represent the people of Blackburn. On that basis, they are no longer fit for purpose.

If Venky's had any sense, they would hand the club over and walk away. But you fear that far from this being a nadir, Blackburn's descent has only just begun.

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]Revealed: From boardroom split to player revolt, the inside story of crisis engulfing Blackburn[/h]

• Senior players revolt after poor start to season
  • Derek Shaw wants controversial Shebby Singh out
  • Club no closer to naming successor to Henning Berg

By John Edwards
PUBLISHED:09:02 GMT, 31 December 2012| UPDATED:09:07 GMT, 31 December 2012

Crisis club Blackburn are in greater disarray than ever after being rocked by a bitter boardroom split and a growing revolt among senior players.

Managing director Derek Shaw flew to India at the weekend to try and convince the club’s owners Venky’s to end the farcical reign of their global advisor Shebby Singh.

Former Preston chairman Shaw, an experienced football administrator, has become increasingly frustrated at being marginalised by Singh and has brought matters to a head by confronting the owners over it.

article-2255191-16AF450A000005DC-891_468x320.jpg
Controversial: Blackburn's global advisor Shebby Singh is under pressure

While Shaw fights his own personal battle, and tries to oust the controversial Singh, Venky’s are facing just as big a problem trying to quell mounting unrest in a disillusioned dressing room.

Several senior players were reluctant to drop into the Championship, after last season’s relegation, but relented after Singh urged them to give it until Christmas for the club to demonstrate their ambition about trying to bounce straight back.
Most feel that, far from seeing evidence of Singh’s predicted revival, Blackburn have continued to decline after the shambolic handling of appointing a successor to Steve Kean.
The mood was not helped by the presence of untried Asian coach Judan Ali at their training ground at the end of last week, and several are now ready to jump ship and seek a move in the January transfer window.
Though Singh denied Ali was about to become part of the coaching team at Ewood Park, the continuing fiasco of the management set-up at Blackburn, a contentious issue that has been allowed to tear the club apart ever since Sam Allardyce was sacked, has caused ructions at board level and in the dressing room.

article-2255191-16AFCFEE000005DC-716_233x423.jpg
Protest: Blackburn fans make a point

When the vilified Kean finally decided he’d had enough earlier this season, Shaw is understood to have favoured a move for Blackpool boss Ian Holloway but was overruled by Singh, who bizarrely went for Henning Berg, despite the former Blackburn defender being sacked for almost relegating Lillestrom.
That was the last straw for Shaw and prompted his trip to India for showdown talks with Venky’s, while Blackburn’s players have been just as dismayed by the ensuing decline in fortunes that prompted Singh to acknowledge his folly and axe Berg after just 10 games in charge.
With little sign of the desperately-needed managerial know-how being recruited, other than suggestions that one-time Aston Villa caretaker-boss Kevin MacDonald might be added to the coaching staff, several disaffected players are now ready to push for a move in the next few weeks.
Singh appeared on BBC Radio FiveLive’s 606 phone-in on Saturday night and flew into a rage after being quizzed about his input on the training pitch.

Co-presenter Darren Fletcher asked if he had taken training on Friday, and it clearly touched a nerve, as Singh shouted down the line:
‘Oh come on, give me a break. How stupid is that? Surely no-one believes that. I did not take training yesterday. That is really stupid for anyone to even think that.

‘That is downright stupidity to even suggest that. I was at the training ground because of my responsibilities, but on the pitch, I have no involvement whatsoever. Listen to me, I did not take training.’

Singh appeared to confirm that he was at loggerheads with Shaw and also took the rap for the disastrous appointment of Berg.

Asked to define his role, he said: ‘It is difficult to explain when it is not a conventional title, but I am pretty much trying to put the club back on a proper footing. I am fighting enemies from inside and outside the club. Inside every club, you find that not everyone is fighting the same cause. Individuals have their own agenda. This is common everywhere you go.

article-2255191-16AA12B4000005DC-122_468x286.jpg
Over and out: Blackburn sacked Henning Berg after ten matches in charge

‘I make the decisions, with the owners’ blessing and endorsement. It upsets a lot of people, but unfortunately that’s the way it is. The final decision about appointing Henning Berg was mine, but results were very poor and performances were not the best. A decision had to be made on how long you can put up with that.

‘You always think you have made the right decision, but it doesn’t always work out. I do not agree that 57 days was not long enough. It was 10 games. To me, 10 games is a lifetime. I got it wrong on that one. I will hold my hands up and say that, but it is not the end of the world. We still have to soldier on, and the team can still progress.’

Singh attempted to clarify the situation over Ali, saying: ‘I had a chat with him nine weeks ago, and he was interested in visiting the club to see how things were done. He came here to observe training and how the club functioned. Every coach wants to know that as part of their education.

'The timing (of his visit) was not right, unfortunately, but he is a friend. We enjoy talking about football, but it was not the plan that he would be part of the coaching set-up, and I don’t know why people think there is something happening.’

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]Burnley fan promises back-to-back relegation in application for Blackburn job... but claims he was offered an interview![/h] By John Drayton
PUBLISHED:09:58 GMT, 26 March 2013| UPDATED:10:08 GMT, 26 March 2013

• Comments (0)
    • <iframe style="margin: 0px; left: 0px; top: 0px; width: 90px; height: 20px; visibility: visible; position: static;" id="I0_1364293571794" title="+1" tabIndex="0" vspace="0" marginHeight="0" src="https://plusone.google.com/_/+1/fastbutton?bsv&recommendations=false&size=medium&hl=en-GB&origin=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymail.co.uk&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymail.co.uk%2Fsport%2Ffootball%2Farticle-2299246%2FBurnley-fan-offered-interview-Blackburn-job.html&ic=1&jsh=m%3B%2F_%2Fscs%2Fapps-static%2F_%2Fjs%2Fk%3Doz.gapi.en.YDQMhaColJs.O%2Fm%3D__features__%2Fam%3DQQ%2Frt%3Dj%2Fd%3D1%2Frs%3DAItRSTPHqN8Rn1m0mgyELyYN0nZ2R_C5XQ#_methods=onPlusOne%2C_ready%2C_close%2C_open%2C_resizeMe%2C_renderstart%2Concircled&id=I0_1364293571794&parent=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymail.co.uk&rpctoken=40799530" frameBorder="0" width="100%" allowTransparency="true" name="I0_1364293571794" marginWidth="0" scrolling="no" hspace="0" data-gapiattached="true"></iframe>
    • <iframe style="width: 107px; height: 20px;" class="twitter-share-button twitter-count-horizontal" title="Twitter Tweet Button" src="http://platform.twitter.com/widgets/tweet_button.1363148939.html#_=1364293578117&count=horizontal&counturl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymail.co.uk%2Fsport%2Ffootball%2Farticle-2299246%2FBurnley-fan-offered-interview-Blackburn-job.html&id=twitter-widget-0&lang=en&original_referer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymail.co.uk%2Fsport%2Ffootball%2Farticle-2299246%2FBurnley-fan-offered-interview-Blackburn-job.html&size=m&text=Burnley%20fan%20offered%20interview%20for%20Blackburn%20job&url=http%3A%2F%2Fbit.ly%2F13sGP6m&via=MailOnline" frameBorder="0" allowTransparency="true" scrolling="no" data-twttr-rendered="true"></iframe>
    • <fb:like class="fb_edge_widget_with_comment fb_iframe_widget" width="90" layout="button_count" fb-xfbml-state="rendered" send="false" show_faces="false"><iframe style="border: currentColor; width: 72px; height: 20px;" id="f982049aa48027" class="fb_ltr" title="Like this content on Facebook." src="http://www.facebook.com/plugins/like.php?api_key=146202712090395&locale=en_GB&sdk=joey&channel_url=http%3A%2F%2Fstatic.ak.facebook.com%2Fconnect%2Fxd_arbiter.php%3Fversion%3D19%23cb%3Df1c560274761a96%26origin%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.dailymail.co.uk%252Ff15abaee84ef9a5%26domain%3Dwww.dailymail.co.uk%26relation%3Dparent.parent&href=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymail.co.uk%2Fsport%2Ffootball%2Farticle-2299246%2FBurnley-fan-offered-interview-Blackburn-job.html&node_type=link&width=90&layout=button_count&colorscheme=light&show_faces=false&send=false&extended_social_context=false" frameBorder="0" allowTransparency="true" name="f738c1aef4b222" scrolling="no"></iframe></fb:like>

Blackburn Rovers have managed to turned making a fool of themselves into an art form this season - but the latest claims tops the lot.
Having sacked the much-maligned Steve Kean, Henning Berg lasted just two months in the hotseat while his replacement Michael Appleton didn't fare much better.
But one Burnley fan claims the Championship club have pulled out the stops once again by offering him an interview for the vacant position.

article-0-148FE020000005DC-979_634x400.jpg
Reply: Shebby Singh invited the Burnley fan for an interview despite him promising a second relegation

According to The Sun, James McDonagh, 30, applied for the job on the back of his Sunday league experience and the hours spent on popular game Football Manager.
He even promised 'back-to-back relegations' for the club but was still placed on the shortlist.
‘Being local to the club I have a great understanding of the ethos and goals of the club and I want to become a part of that success,' he wrote.

article-0-12F98B68000005DC-289_306x423.jpg

article-2299246-16674C1C000005DC-34_306x423.jpg

Sacked: Steve Kean and Henning Berg were both dismissed after Blackburn's relegation

‘Ever since Venky’s have taken over Rovers I have had a great admiration for the work you are conducting.
‘I understand you have a two-year plan to get out of this division but given the opportunity I am confident in my ability to manage to hit that target this season.

‘My first goal would be to achieve the unprecedented success of back-to-back relegations.
‘My football background includes managing The Princess Royal to unprecedented success in the Warburton’s Sunday League Burnley Division Two.

article-0-18A478E3000005DC-889_634x363.jpg
Third one down: Michael Appleton was also sacked as Blackburn lurched from one crisis to the next

‘Unfortunately we were placed under a transfer embargo for fielding ineligible players.'
He claims a reply came from Shebby Singh, Blackburn's global adviser, saying: 'Having checked your application and your credentials from your CV, we would like to shortlist you for the vacancy. We formally invite you to interview.'

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is the issue with bringing in their own countrymen who have no clue what they are doing and if they are qualified in the first place. How sure are we that FT that are brought in by their countrymen are any good. Imagine the audacity of doing these things on the world most prominent sports stage. If they can do it blatantly in the open what else goes inside.