• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

First High Speed Rail in an ASEAN Country Ready Next Year

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Tr...=1&pub_date=20221004123000&seq_num=5&si=44594

Indonesia presents China-made high-speed train cars
Railway to connect Jakarta with Bandung; operations to start in June 2023

https%253A%252F%252Fs3-ap-northeast-1.amazonaws.com%252Fpsh-ex-ftnikkei-3937bb4%252Fimages%252F6%252F0%252F7%252F5%252F42465706-3-eng-GB%252FCropped-1664795107photo_SXM2022100300004842.jpg

A total of 12 sets of eight-car trains, approximately 200 meters in length each, will be delivered in the future.
KOYA JIBIKI, Nikkei staff writerOctober 3, 2022 21:48 JST

JAKARTA -- Indonesia has presented in public the cars of the country's first high-speed train connecting the capital Jakarta with Bandung, a major city in West Java, with commercial operations expected to start in June 2023.

The cars, presented to the media on Saturday, were manufactured by a company under China's state-owned train manufacturer CRRC. The covers on the cars were not removed throughout the event.

The cars arrived at the port of Tanjung Priok in Jakarta in early September. A total of 12 sets of eight-car trains, approximately 200 meters in length each, will be delivered in the future, including those for inspection

According to Kereta Cepat Indonesia China (KCIC), an Indonesia-China joint venture for the high-speed rail project, the cars consist of VIP seats, first- and second-class seats, and a dining car.

With a maximum speed of 350 kilometers per hour, the new railway connects Jakarta and Bandung, a distance of about 142 km apart, in as little as 35 minutes, compared to 3.5 hours by the existing railway.

There is a plan for Indonesian President Joko Widodo and Chinese President Xi Jinping to take a ride together for a test operation of the new railway in November. Xi is scheduled to attend the Group of Twenty (G-20) Summit in Bali the same month, which Indonesia will chair.

Initially, Japan was considered a strong contender to win the order for Indonesia's high-speed railway project. However, Widodo adopted the Chinese proposal on condition that China would not require Indonesia to bear any financial burden.

Nevertheless, the completion of the project has been pushed back from the original target of 2018 due to delays in land expropriation and the COVID-19 pandemic. Construction is approximately 90% complete, and the railway is expected to open in June 2023.

The total construction cost exceeds the initial estimate of $5.5 billion. In October 2021, the Indonesian government reversed its previous plan and decided to invest government funds. The parliament is scrutinizing the amount of money needed.

realDonaldTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the Tiong's HSR has already come a long way. However, the Indonesians will be at their mercy for future maintenance and rolling stocks availability. Surely, those parts aren't going to be at reasonable prices.

The Koreans are very good at such despicable tactics also. When my tenant's SAMSUNG washing machine's water pump got spoiled, I contacted SAMSUNG but they won't sell the part to walk-in customers. They insisted that it must be repaired on-site by their own technician. WFT? In the end, they bought a new a SHARP washing machine instead.

I had also saw on YouTube that many of the SAMSUNG TVs have been deliberately designed such that you will need a special tool (from SAMSUNG) to remove its back cover. Otherwise, you'll definitely break its back cover when trying to pry it out and you'll end up paying a lot more for a new back cover. WTF?

Last edited:

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the Tiong's HSR has already come a long way. However, the Indonesians will be at their mercy for future maintenance and rolling stocks availability. Surely, those parts aren't going to be at reasonable prices.

The Koreans are very good at such despicable tactics also. When my tenant's SAMSUNG washing machine's water pump got spoiled, I contacted SAMSUNG but they won't sell the part to walk-in customers. They insisted that it must be repaired on-site by their own technician. WFT? In the end, they bought a new a SHARP washing machine instead.

I had also saw on YouTube that many of the SAMSUNG TVs have been deliberately designed such that you will need a special tool (from SAMSUNG) to remove its back cover. Otherwise, you'll definitely break its back cover when trying to pry it out and you'll end up paying a lot more for a new back cover. WTF?
In Indonesia's case, the operator is china rail jv. So does not concern the indo gomen at all. Zero. Unlike Laos.
But i think china rail saw the potential on a island with 200 mil population people. So they decided to invest.
Laos on the other hand, has low population.

Beria

Alfrescian
Loyal
Laos is now a child prostitution hub for China PRC. Many Chinese PRC actually go to Laos to look for young boys because Chinese PRC believe that young boys give them vitality
Sweet tight brown bussy for my little yellow chink cock mmmm hnnnng :biggrin:

Beria

Alfrescian
Loyal
55:00 Chink men book corpse of dead woman to fuck because that's the best way to replenish their Yin. Why are Indochinese Chinks so fucked up?

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
In Indonesia's case, the operator is china rail jv. So does not concern the indo gomen at all. Zero. Unlike Laos.
But i think china rail saw the potential on a island with 200 mil population people. So they decided to invest.
Laos on the other hand, has low population.
If it's a joint-venture with an Indonesian firm or firms, the operating costs will definitely be shared proportionally. Although I didn't bother to look up into its details, but I doubt it will be 100% under the build, charge and operate at Tiong's discretion, especially on Indonesian soil. Furthermore, Bandung is just a small town with a small population. The revenue from operating such a rail network would not be significant, unless it will be similarly extended to Surabaya in the future. I also doubt any country will allow 100% foreign control of such a national project. That's also why Sri Lanka is now in deep shit because they cannot pay for their joint-venture projects with the Tiongs and leading to the latter cannibalizing to their advantage.

realDonaldTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jokowi did not spend a cent on this high speed rail unlike Laos.
Its 100% financed by china and operators are china rail with a local partner.
During the 2012 Sukhoi Superjet crash, the Indonesians were about the place orders from the Russian. Many went on board for the test-drive and all got killed.

Jokowi is smart, he invited XJP on board the trains built by Chinese to test-drive them (before June 2023 launch), sure safer.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
If it's a joint-venture with an Indonesian firm or firms, the operating costs will definitely be shared proportionally. Although I didn't bother to look up into its details, but I doubt it will be 100% under the build, charge and operate at Tiong's discretion, especially on Indonesian soil. Furthermore, Bandung is just a small town with a small population. The revenue from operating such a rail network would not be significant, unless it will be similarly extended to Surabaya in the future. I also doubt any country will allow 100% foreign control of such a national project. That's also why Sri Lanka is now in deep shit because they cannot pay for their joint-venture projects with the Tiongs and leading to the latter cannibalizing to their advantage.
The whole idea was to extend to surabaya.
Nut jokowi jas other plans.
He is talkingnp to japanese for a northern rsil link between jakarta to surabaya too. Via semarang.
So if deal goes through, java will have two rail lines linking jakarta to durabaya. One north and another south via bandung.
The northern route suppose to use slower trains.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
He is talkingnp to japanese for a northern rsil link between jakarta to surabaya too. Via semarang.
So if deal goes through, java will have two rail lines linking jakarta to durabaya. One north and another south via bandung.
The deal with Japan had already been called off because both sides could not agree on the finalized route as well as the intermediate stations.

mudhatter

Alfrescian
Loyal

Why is everything centres around Java? Why not Sumatra or Kalimantan?

Indon population can double or triple if Kalimantan and Sumatra is properly utilized and pressure is relieved on Java. Land reclamation can help Indon connect various large islands and help them increase population, increase cities, agriculture, modern industry, education, healthcare and what not.

But to be realistic, I don't see Indon pulling any of it off.

Let's see first if their HSR is profitable, accident-free/safe and sustainable.