• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Fathers' Chatgroup Thread

kelvin

Alfrescian
Loyal
I still using soap for wash hair body face
Cheap cut cost :biggrin:

Last time, we used a long bar of soap to bathe, wash hair and laundry too.

Nowadays, we have awesome and fantastic soap that can make your complexion smooth, whiter than white, etc
And all the women believed in them.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If Singaporeans are contended with <$5000 pay, don't even think about raising kids and send them to childcare or enrichment centre.

Most sinkies with less than $5000 pay per month have more kids. Those earning a lot are often over-imagining the costs of raising a kid and think that unless they earn $20k a month, they shouldn't have more than 1 kid.

Other than marrying a rich spouse, I think it is quite painful to live in singapore in future.

You could try living in other chink cities like Taipei or HK. The costs of housing is way higher, and the wait for BTO even longer.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
From my observation, kids today are soft and only wants to make easy money. I don't know if it's due to the Western culture influence or what, but many just don't believe in working hard for their money.

Kids get soft when parents give them everything they want and try to shelter the kids from any form of hardship or setback.

My kids worked part time jobs despite us being upper class folks. My daughter helped to pack the food in the styrofoam boxes and my son drove the van. They also are active in volunteer work in church.

Get your kids away from a sedentary lifestyle. It'll help toughen them up.

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal
You could try living in other chink cities like Taipei or HK. The costs of housing is way higher, and the wait for BTO even longer.
Taipei dwellings is still affordable for Singaporeans. Their locals are not paid highly like HK or Singapore, so they find it tougher, but cost of livings and car (no expiry) is much lower too. In fact, Taipei is aging, so population pressure is limited. When people retires, they go to live in other places of Taiwan, away from congestion, good healthcare and good fresh food.

Eg. Yilan, everyday eat cheap and fresh seafood. In Singapore, not many can afford to buy a whole snapper, pomfret or cuts of mackerel, threadfin or grouper from our local wet markets these days, like @JohnTan

IMG0737-770x430.jpg

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last time, we used a long bar of soap to bathe, wash hair and laundry too.

Nowadays, we have awesome and fantastic soap that can make your complexion smooth, whiter than white, etc
And all the women believed in them.
When DOVE was first launched, it was $9-10 a bottle. These days, I show my kids that what's readily available and convenient to them, eg NTUC or Cold Storage are expensive. I can get them for about $5-6 from CK.

No choice I old riao, use bar soap, anal hole and leg skin will be itchy at night.

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal
My kids worked part time jobs despite us being upper class folks. My daughter helped to pack the food in the styrofoam boxes and my son drove the van. They also are active in volunteer work in church.

Get your kids away from a sedentary lifestyle. It'll help toughen them up.
my kid who is weaker academically is more diligent when it comes to part-time jobs. The one with better results less hardworking in this aspect.

My brother was like the one with weaker results, now he is 3x richer than me.

You drive a good point.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Taipei dwellings is still affordable for Singaporeans. Their locals are not paid highly like HK or Singapore, so they find it tougher, but cost of livings and car (no expiry) is much lower too. In fact, Taipei is aging, so population pressure is limited. When people retires, they go to live in other places of Taiwan, away from congestion, good healthcare and good fresh food.

Eg. Yilan, everyday eat cheap and fresh seafood. In Singapore, not many can afford to buy a whole snapper, pomfret or cuts of mackerel, threadfin or grouper from our local wet markets these days, like @JohnTan

IMG0737-770x430.jpg
Agree, cost of living outside Taipei and their main cities are still affordable, housing as well. The only setbacks are frequent earthquakes and occasional Tsunamis on its East. We were once hit by a mini-Tsunami on the beach at Hualian. Both of our digital cameras were damaged by sea water infiltration. During that ala carte trip, we had also visited the grave of Teresa Teng, a good seafood lunch at Keelung township, a romantic overnight stay at the Sun Moon Lake, a day trip to Mount Taroko and of course, Taipei city.

During my earlier years whilst working in ChungLi (Industrial zone) and TaoYuan, I had experienced frequent mini earthquakes. Even when the night of the SQ crash in Taipei, I was also in ChungLi when there was a typhoon that night. @JohnTan, you were wrong about Taiwan.

Last edited:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
my kid who is weaker academically is more diligent when it comes to part-time jobs. The one with better results less hardworking in this aspect.

The one with better school results can sometimes be less driven at work because he believes his good results will guarantee him a comfortable life. It is up to the parents to teach the kids that having good results only isn't enough to succeed in life.

People with poor school results can also succeed, largely because they know they have no academic cert to fall back on. So they have to be more driven at work.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

To the taiwanese, sinkies are paid like white people. That's why we find their food and housing affordable, based on our singapore salary.

Taiwan is chink, so they also have the wrong mentality that they need a lot of money to raise kids. They are thinking that expensive enrichment and expensive university is a must for each child. They need to learn to let go and trust that God will provide. Lots of poor people have many kids. None of those kids starved to death in the streets literally, yet another boast taiwanese and chinks like to use till today.

kelvin

Alfrescian
Loyal
When DOVE was first launched, it was $9-10 a bottle. These days, I show my kids that what's readily available and convenient to them, eg NTUC or Cold Storage are expensive. I can get them for about $5-6 from CK.

No choice I old riao, use bar soap, anal hole and leg skin will be itchy at night.

You should use a soap with low pH but a bottle is abt 50% more pricey than the normal soap.