• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

exaclty how much town council lost in the lehman debacle

god_zeus

Alfrescian
Loyal
exaclty how much town council lost in the lehman debacle?

why dont they give us an exact figure?

is their 'a little' run into millions since a few milliom dollars is 'litlte' for a govt body who has 30 to 50 million in their kitty

but ALOT for the small man on the street who has $20,000 in his kitty

are they ashamed to annouce the amoubt for they dont know how much due to poor management?

jw5

Loyal

is their 'a little' run into millions since a few milliom dollars is 'litlte' for a govt body who has 30 to 50 million in their kitty

are they ashamed to annouce the amoubt for they dont know how much due to poor management?
Perhaps they need 50 man years to figure it out.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Little bit only..what!...but soon town council fees will go up. little bit only say $5.00 and they will give rebates....just give first, pay first!

'little bit' only lah!

DOM the Clown

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey all ye Blessedsedsedsedsed Singaporeans! We are so Blessedsedsedsedsed that our so Talentedtedtedtedted Town Council will sure to add more of our money to up the decks!

2004-03-08.gif

lepkwl00

Alfrescian
Loyal
In a letter dated 31 March 2008 sent by DBS regarding DBS High Notes, it was stated “.... it would take several underlying reference entities in the collateral to suffer Credit Events before investors suffer a loss to their principal amount."

In actual fact, it only requires one underlying reference entity to suffer a credit event to wipe out the whole principal amount, not several underlying reference entities. This is the case in the bankruptcy of Lehman Brothers which is a credit event to only one single reference entity.

Saying that it requires several reference entities to suffer credit events before any losses will be incurred gives investors the wrong impression that there is some kind of buffer and may have delayed them from selling the product and cutting their losses earlier.

Furthermore, since an official letter from DBS can get it so wrong with regards to the workings of the product, then it is reasonable to conclude that the Relationship Managers selling the product is no better at explaining the exact workings and risks of the product to customers when making the sales.

Thus, I do believe that all the investors of DBS High note series have a strong case against DBS if they wish to recoup all their money. I wish to stress that base my above analysis, every investors have a strong case regardless of your investment risk profile/appetite. The best course of action is for all the investors to negotiate with DBS or take other necessary actions collectively. I urge all investors to seek legal redress if DBS is not willing to accept full responsibility as I believe DBS is standing on shaky grounds as a result of the release of the said letter to the investors.

I wish to give DBS the benefit of the doubt and believe that this is only proof that DBS as an institution is clueless about how the product actually works and that it is not out to defraud the customers with wilful misrepresentation.

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Y wolly? Not enuff take from shittyzens. Only familee with impressive talent can do this. Sinking Fund always growing at 4 percent and more.