• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Erawan Shrine (Bangkok) 05 April 2024

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
This morning at the Erawan Shrine in Bangkok. Pardon for the slightly blur focusing at times. The weather is terribly hot indeed.

Last edited:

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
They say that if you make any commitment to the 4-Face Buddha at the Erawan Shrine, you must definitely fulfill them if your wish(es) were granted. Otherwise, misfortune may befall on the wisher and/or the wish(es) may be reversed. So, don't play play with this 4-Face Buddha.

Last edited:

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
wah bro, you go jiak hong ah. Enjoy your trip. I need a vacation myself.
Free tickets lah. I've worn a lucky draw from SCOOT (vouchers) from my last booking tours to Taiwan and Chiang Mai late last year. So, I'm in Bangkok now with my wife. Weather is freaking hot.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bonus video and photo. Samsters, this Chiobu swee or not? Taken at the overhead bridge next to the MBK Center whilst on our way to dinner tonight.

MBK2.JPG

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Being a Friday evening today, it was so crowded and rowdy in MBK Center. We wanted to eat the buffet at the Japanese restaurant, but was told had to wait 2 hours to be served. The queue was already quite long, despite they had already limited each diner to 2 hours of buffet. Eventually, gave up and ate elsewhere instead. Almost all those famous and delicious restaurants were having long queues outside their premises. Where got recession?

MBK3.jpg

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
I few years haven't been there
My last trip to Bangkok was also more than 20 years ago, for working trip. But I'd just been to Chiang Mai in January 2024 and I usually will also drive to Hatyai with my wife once a year. Just came back from an 8-day trip to Taiwan in February 2024.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do the Thai folks on the street really respect their new ah beng king?
Many still respect the King and even claimed that the present King had helped the people by building homes for those destitute. Hearsay lah. Now that Thaksin is back, things can also change.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another bonus photo of XMM taken at the Wat Arun Temple today. 200Baht to rent the costume and custom jewelleries for the photo shoot.

WA.jpg

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sunday morning breakfast (shared with my wife).

Going to the Chatuchak Weekend Market and the Sampheng Market today.

B1.jpg

B2.jpg

B3.jpg