• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Emergency doctor says authorities are ‘standing in the way of life-saving medications’

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
https://westernstandardonline.com/2...anding-in-the-way-of-life-saving-medications/

Emergency doctor says authorities are ‘standing in the way of life-saving medications’​

“Not even 24 hours after getting Ivermectin, two out of my three patients were almost completely better.”

mm

Published
2 days ago
on
October 6, 2021
By
Melanie Risdon
Resized-WS-Graphics-October-2.png

lg.php

A B.C. emergency doctor helping in Alberta hospitals says he was relieved of duty for administering Ivermectin to patients in a small central-Alberta hospital.
Dr. Daniel Nagase graduated from Dalhousie University in 2004 and went on to work as an emergency doctor for 10 years. In 2015, Nagase went on to practice in rural, under-served communities in Alberta.
Nagase spoke at the Vancouver Art Gallery last Friday for the 75 Anniversary of the Nuremberg Code and shared his experience in the Rimbey, Alta. hospital while he was caring for three COVID19 patients in September.
lg.php

1:47 / 14:57
“All the patients were on oxygen and extremely short of breath. The only medication these patients were on was steroids, a medication that will decrease inflammation, but increase the chances of a bacterial infection by suppressing the immune system,” said Nagase.
Speaking with the patients, Nagase suggested they try Ivermectin, an anti-parasite drug that’s been blacklisted for the treatment of COVID-19, yet has shown promise in recent ongoing studies.
“All three patients wanted to try Ivermectin,” said Nagase.
lg.php

Nagase wasn’t able to find any at the hospital and said the Red Deer Hospital’s Central Pharmacy “refused to send Ivermectin” telling him it was “useless for COVID.”
He was then contacted by Dr. Gerald Lazarenko, the provincial medical director for pharmacy services for Alberta Health Services (AHS) who “insisted that Ivermectin had no place in the treatement of COVID.”
In the meantime, Nagase says he reached out to the local pharmacy for Ivermectin and started his three patients on Hydroxychloroquine, an antimalarial drug approved to treat autoimmune conditions.
lg.php

“I also started Vitamin C, Vitamin D and Zinc,” said Nagase, who added he gave them Salbutamol and Flovent inhalors along with the antibiotic Azithromycin.
Nagase said by late that afternoon the town pharmacist was able to acquire Ivermectin from an agriculture supply. The pharmacist double-checked and confirmed the product was the exact same as that used for humans and Nagase then provided the appropriate dose to his patients according to their weight.
Within hours of obtaining the Ivermectin, Nagase says he got a call from Dr. Jennifer Bestard, the central zone medical director, informing him he was “forbidden from giving Ivermectin to patients.”
lg.php

“She said it was a violation of AHS policy to give Ivermectin for COVID.
“But that wasn’t good enough. The next day she called the hospital and gave me 15 minutes notice that I would be relieved of my duties.”
Nagase confirmed an hour later a local doctor arrived to replace him.
lg.php

“They didn’t even want me to check up on the patients who I gave Ivermectin to,” he said.
“Not even 24 hours after getting Ivermectin, two out of my three patients were almost completely better. They were out of bed walking around and all the crackles I heard in their lungs from the day before were gone. All it took was about 18 hours and one dose of Ivermectin.”
Nagase said his third patient, a 95-year-old, stayed the same but “didn’t get any worse like she had done the night previous.”
lg.php

“I found out later that no sooner had I left Rimbey hospital, the next doctor who came to replace me stopped the antibiotics, stopped all the vitamins, she even stopped the patient’s inhalers, to help her breathe.”
Nagase has since learned that two of the patients he treated had both left the hospital that week.
“No doctor would take away antibiotics and inhalers for any viral pneumonia, never mind COVID. No doctor would do that to any patient with a pneumonia. Unless they were … Well I’ll let you think about that,” said Nagase in his speech.
lg.php

Nagase says he has been banned from hospital practice throughout all of Alberta by AHS Chief Medical Officer Dr. Fraincois Belanger. He also says after he filed a complaint against Dr. Lazarenko for withholding a life-saving medication from patients, “the Alberta College of Physicians and Surgeons forbade doctors and pharmacists from giving patients Ivermectin.”
“There is something malicious going on. I hope you can all see the bigger picture.”
The Western Standard reached out to AHS for a comment on Dr. Nagase’s allegations and was told to refer to a statement shared on their Twitter account.
lg.php

The tweet says AHS is aware of the speech made by Dr. Nagase and says they do not approve of the use of Ivermectin for the treatment of COVID-19.
“All physicians – including temporary locums – are governed by AHS’ medical bylaws when working in an AHS facility. Under these bylaws, there are expectations for all physicians to follow regarding unapproved use of medical therapy,” said AHS.
“Requirements from provincial regulatory bodies for medical staff must be adhered to. Registrants of these governing bodies must not provide care that does not meet the expected standards of their profession.”
lg.php

Melanie Risdon is a reporter with the Western Standard

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/ivermectin-covid-alberta-nagase-1.6205075

Doctor who says he gave ivermectin to rural Alberta COVID-19 patients triggers AHS warning​

Social Sharing​

• Facebook​

• Twitter​

• Email​

• Reddit​

• LinkedIn​

Locum doctor is spreading misinformation, Alberta Health Services say​

wallis-snowdon.jpg

Wallis Snowdon · CBC News · Posted: Oct 08, 2021 12:36 PM MT | Last Updated: 2 hours ago

ivermectin.jpg

The form of Ivermectin used on humans is on the World Health Organization's list of essential medicines because it is safe, inexpensive and effective — and has proven to be life-saving for treating some illnesses caused by parasites. (Benoit Tessier/Reuters)
A doctor who was filling in at a rural Alberta hospital says he treated three COVID-19 patients with ivermectin, triggering a warning from Alberta Health Services about the dangers of the controversial drug.
In a video circulating on social media, Vancouver-based Dr. Daniel Nagase says he administered ivermectin in September to COVID-19 patients at the hospital in Rimbey, Alta.
Nagase also claims there is "something malicious" about the care being provided to COVID-19 patients in Alberta hospitals.
Ivermectin is used primarily to rid livestock of parasites. It has not been approved for use in either Canada or the United States for the treatment of coronaviruses and no clinical studies have proven whether it can slow or stop the spread of the novel coronavirus in humans.

'Extremely disappointing'​

AHS has received complaints about Nagase, who has worked as a locum doctor at the Rimbey Hospital and Care Centre, 65 kilometres northwest of Red Deer. The health authority says his "extremely disappointing" claims are spreading misinformation.
"Neither the veterinary nor human drug versions of ivermectin has been deemed safe or effective for use in treating or preventing COVID-19," reads an AHS statement issued earlier this week.
"Use of the agricultural grade, or veterinary version, of ivermectin can pose potentially serious health problems if consumed by humans.
"It is extremely disappointing that someone would spread misinformation about COVID-19 treatment in this way, and suggest that AHS is withholding treatment for patients."
CBC News repeatedly called Nagase's office but was told that he would not be accepting interviews from CBC about his use of ivermectin or the claims made in the video.
AHS said Nagase is "not scheduled to work as a locum in AHS" and added that because of the complaints, a review will be done.
In the video posted Monday, Nagase is shown delivering a speech on Oct. 1 at a Vancouver event marking the 75th anniversary of the Nuremberg Trials.
In the video, Nagase said the three COVID-19 patients in Rimbey had "deteriorated overnight" and were being treated with oxygen and steroids.
Nagase said he asked for ivermectin to be provided by the Red Deer Hospital's central pharmacy but was denied and warned the drug should not be used on COVID-19 patients.
Nagase said he sought out the help of a "town pharmacist" who acquired ivermectin for him.
"He couldn't get it from his usual chemical supply because it was a Saturday. He had to get it from an agricultural supply," Nagase says in the video. "He went to the Co-op store."
In the video, Nagase claims the drug worked quickly on the patients, allowing all three to leave the hospital within a week. Two of the patients, he claims, were "almost completely better" within 18 hours.
In the video, he claims provincial health officials are "withholding a life-saving medication from an entire province."
Nagase says that within hours of administering the ivermectin, an AHS medical director barred his patients from receiving from the drug or any of the other medications he had prescribed them.
He said he was removed from the hospital, and "relieved" of his medical duties the following day.

'It's dangerous'​

Dr. Keith Wolstenholme, an orthopedic surgeon at the Red Deer hospital, says Nagase appears to have gone "rogue" and ignored the medical evidence surrounding ivermectin.
Wolstenholme said the misuse of ivermectin in humans can cause a myriad of dangerous symptoms.
"As a physician in a medical professional we're sworn to use what's called evidence-based medicine," he said.
"To have a physician ... secure ivermectin from alternative sources and then give it to patients, it's dangerous, potentially dangerous to those patients, and it's certainly dangerous to the public."
Wolstenholme said doctors who spread misinformation put the public at risk by undermining the confidence in trusted medical science.
"We have what was assumed to be a trusted health-care professional really providing bad advice."
The B.C. College of Physicians and Surgeons lists Nagase, who graduated from Dalhousie University in 2004, as actively practising as a family physician in Vancouver.
In a statement to CBC News, the Alberta College of Physicians and Surgeons said it is aware of Nagase's claims but can not disclose information related to matters that may be under investigation.

Ivermectin treats parasites, not viruses​

Ivermectin has been used in veterinary medicine for more than 30 years. The form of Ivermectin used on humans is on the World Health Organization's list of essential medicines because it is safe, inexpensive and effective — and has proven to be life-saving for treating some illnesses caused by parasites.
COVID-19 is caused by a virus, not parasites.
The drug has been widely and wrongly promoted as a cure for COVID-19, leading to shortages of the drug in Canada for those who may need it. Quantities of the drug have been limited since January.

Health Canada recently issued an advisory asking people not to take the drug to treat COVID-19 after reports that some people were taking the veterinary form of the medicine.
Alberta's poison hotline, the AHS Poison and Drug Information Service, has reported a recent spike in the number of calls from people who got sick after taking ivermectin.
In an effort to remind people of the danger of misusing ivermectin, Dr. Mark Yarema, medical director of the AHS Poison and Drug Information Service (PADIS), posted this week on Twitter several descriptions of such calls to the hotline.
"The calls that are more concerning are the ones where people are volunteering some information that they're using it for treatment for prophylaxis of COVID-19," he said.
Yarema was part of the AHS scientific advisory group that looked at ivermectin. The group issued a document emphasizing that the drug is not approved for the treatment or prevention of COVID-19.
"We've had at least nine months now of evidence that is very … like comparing apples and oranges, and we just haven't seen any good, conclusive data that suggests that it is the thing that is making people better from COVID," Yarema said.
People who become sick after misusing ivermectin are generally treated with fluids, anti-nauseants and pain medication, Yarema said.
"It would be very similar to treating a stomach flu or a gastroenteritis," he said.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
In Alberta, use of Ivermectin for covid-19 is BANNED!

The authorities have concluded that use of Ivermectin is more harmful than good for patients. Hence the maleficence clause is invoked.

There are still doctors out there who would still insist on using Ivermectin though.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod

The nurse dunno how to talk to the caller lah.

Can say the vaccine reduces morbidity and mortality in those who have it. So it is useful.

As for why we need to keep testing the unvaxxed it is because it is for their own safety. If they test regularly then we can pick up when they do catch covid from the rest of the population. For those vaxxed we dont have to test because we already know most will have covid. Those who will need treatment are those who will be sick and have bad symptoms.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
https://edmontonsun.com/news/local-...t5ROeEp_Pv7ZVTQHsAnX5W6r8w#Echobox=1633656513

Former anti-vax Edson woman shares husband's COVID-19 ICU horror story​

As a rural Alberta man fights for his life in an Edmonton ICU, his wife, who was once against COVID-19 vaccines, is urging others to get the shot and guard against misinformation online.

Author of the article:
Hamdi Issawi
Publishing date:
Oct 07, 2021 • 19 hours ago • 3 minute read •
Chris Palkun, 40, in intensive care at Edmonton's Grey Nuns Community Hospital. He was in stable condition on Thursday, Oct. 7, 2021.
Chris Palkun, 40, in intensive care at Edmonton's Grey Nuns Community Hospital. He was in stable condition on Thursday, Oct. 7, 2021. PHOTO BY CARLA PALKUN /jpg
As a rural Alberta man fights for his life in an Edmonton ICU, his wife, who was once against COVID-19 vaccines, is urging others to get the shot and guard against misinformation online.

On Tuesday, Carla Palkun, 41, made an impassioned plea over Facebook — where she’s a member of several anti-vaccination groups — for unvaccinated Albertans to get the jab after the virus tore through her family last week and left her husband, Chris Palkun, 40, in an intensive care bed more than 200 kilometres away.

Having an otherwise healthy family with no comorbidities, Carla said she was adamantly against COVID-19 vaccines, even when she was driving Chris, who was on the same page, to an Edson hospital on Saturday to be treated for the disease. But on the drive over, her husband had a change of heart, she added.

“He said to me, ‘I think when I get out, I’m going to go get a shot,’ and I said to him, ‘That’s fair enough … but I’m probably still not gonna get it,’ ” Carla told Postmedia in a phone interview Thursday. “I didn’t know he was going to need all this. As soon as he was intubated and taken to (Edmonton) my mind instantly changed over — that I’m going to get the shot too.”

Living “out in the country” near Edson, where the couple’s lives had been untouched by the disease, Carla said she and her husband began to believe that the virus wasn’t real. She sought out information online and joined “anti-vax” Facebook groups that led her to accept some conspiratorial views.

“Everybody’s saying that you shouldn’t get vaxed because there’s something in the vaccinations that the government wants in your body so they can follow you everywhere and control you,” she said.

That all changed when her husband was transferred to the Grey Nuns Community Hospital in Edmonton on Sunday.

“It sounds so stupid now,” Carla added.

Timothy Caulfield, a University of Alberta professor and Canada research chair in health law and policy, warns that the volume and character of online misinformation makes it easy for almost anyone to get sucked in. Actors in this field, he explained, are adept at appealing to people’s fears, concerns, values and sometimes even their better judgment.

“Those pushing misinformation are very good at making it seem scientifically legit,” Caulfield said. “They refer to studies and they use sciency language, and it can be very, very persuasive.”

However, he added, studies show that efforts to debunk misinformation online are proving effective, and initiatives like ScienceUpFirst, a collective of scientists, researchers and health-care experts, are working to counter false information about COVID-19.

“It’s specifically designed to tackle misinformation where it resides, and we know — research tells us — that this is largely, not entirely, but largely a social media phenomenon,” he said. “So we’re trying to create content that’s relevant to all Canadians, and that works across all social media platforms.”

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
disagreements among doctors very sensitive subject. must fight with doors closed, and cum out with a common and clear message.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
In Alberta, use of Ivermectin for covid-19 is BANNED!

The authorities have concluded that use of Ivermectin is more harmful than good for patients. Hence the maleficence clause is invoked.

There are still doctors out there who would still insist on using Ivermectin though.

See how the system works against the righteous? Big farma has clearly bought out your govt officials and still u r in slumber! :mad:

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
See how the system works against the righteous? Big farma has clearly bought out your govt officials and still u r in slumber! :mad:
I wont be voting the current govt next election. But it has nothing to do with ivermectin. Haha.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
BTW. I found this on Dr Daniel Nagase.

https://ca.vlex.com/vid/nagase-v-entwistle-679850677

Nagase v. Entwistle (2016), 389 B.C.A.C. 145 (CA);

671 W.A.C. 145

MLB headnote and full text

Temp. Cite: [2016] B.C.A.C. TBEd. JN.040

Dr. Daniel Nagase (appellant/plaintiff) v. Dr. Peter Entwistle, Dr. Jonathan Slater, South Okanagan General Hospital and the Interior Health Authority (respondents/defendants)

(CA43171; 2016 BCCA 257)

Indexed As: Nagase v. Entwistle et al.

British Columbia Court of Appeal

Garson, Stromberg-Stein and Fitch, JJ.A.

June 15, 2016.

Summary:

An emergency room doctor, concerned that a patient had been admitted preferentially, had several discussions on the matter with the hospital's Chief of Staff, who viewed the interactions as disrespectful and unprofessional. The doctor later tendered his resignation. The Chief emailed the doctor, other staff and the Chief of Staff of the other hospital where the doctor worked, outlining his position that the doctor's behaviour was disruptive behaviour. The email referenced the Interior Health's Medical Staff Policy on Disruptive Behaviour, but no disciplinary proceedings were ever brought. There was other correspondence between medical directors of other medical facilities in the region. The doctor brought a defamation action for damages. He obtained copies of the correspondence following two freedom of information requests. At issue was whether the documents were privileged under s. 51(2) of the Evidence Act, which rendered privileged documents created in the course of an investigation into the doctor's conduct pursuant to the standing protocols of a hospital committee.
The doctor argued that s. 51(2) did not apply because there was no committee involved in the investigation and the documents were not forwarded to such a committee. A Chambers judge ruled that the correspondence was privileged under s. 51(2). The doctor appealed.

The British Columbia Court of Appeal dismissed the appeal. The court stated that the Legislature chose to absolutely protect communications made respecting the evaluation or investigation of medical staff, or for the purpose of improving medical or hospital practice or care. All communications were made for the purposes of an investigation into the doctor's conduct. The absence of a formal committee was not fatal. The court stated that "To find otherwise would result in an anomaly whereby the formal committee proceedings would be exempt from production, but the preliminary and investigatory communications that form the foundation of such a committee proceeding would not be exempt. In my view, it would be an error to interpret the legislation in this manner, thereby ignoring its object and the intention of the Legislature".