• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Do you agree with Mr Suhaimi Nor Nuts

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't just complain, please use your brain

STOP complaining!

That's the message Mr Suhaimi Nor Nan has for Singaporeans.

The 26-year-old part-time security officer is fed up with hearing people complain about anything and everything.

He said Singaporeans complain about the most trivial matters.

Two months ago, he read in The Straits Times that some park goers were concerned about police vehicles patrolling on footpaths.

But, Mr Suhaimi noted, the police were doing it for the people's welfare.

After Mr Suhaimi read about the gripes, he decided 'enough was enough'.

He wrote to The New Paper to, well, complain about Singaporeans complaining too much.

So, what are some of the things he think Singaporeans complain about too much?

Electronic Road Pricing (ERP), he pointed out.

'You have to accept it. I'm affected by it myself when I take a taxi, but we have a good transport system,' he said.

'If you don't want to pay ERP, just take the bus.'

He was also sick of people griping about taxi fares.

'If you compare our fares with those of other countries, our fares are so much cheaper.'

Another common complaint these days is about petrol prices, though they have been dropping in recent weeks.

Mr Suhaimi said: 'Driving is not necessary because Singapore is so small. If you choose to drive, you pay.'

He himself has complaints about the bad habits of some Singaporeans.

But unlike many others who air their complaints in public, he said he will gripe only in conversations with his close friends.

No need to kick up a big fuss, he said.

What irks Mr Suhaimi most is that people complain about what he sees as really trivial issues.

Like when VivoCity opened in October 2006, shoppers complained that the lighting on the floors may cause people to trip.

And recently, Mr Suhaimi said some commuters complained that the floors at MRT stations were too slippery.

To those people, he had this to say: 'There's no need to make it news, just raise it with the management.'

Mr Suhaimi's advice to Singaporeans who love to complain: 'Make sure you're really affected by the matter before you complain.

'Don't complain for the sake of it.'

Vivien Chan and Fiona Liaw, newsroom interns
This article was first published in The New Paper on Aug 4, 2008.

ANDYSIAO14

Alfrescian
Loyal
cant blame him...
he works part time as security officer..
protecting anything he guards under his welfare...
come many monkeys complaining about their bananas...
of coz he worried...
why? because he scared one day, one monkey wilL complain to his management that hes not working diligently and he got sacked... :biggrin:

madmansg

Alfrescian
Loyal
he never complain that is why he only security officers. People who complain the most like LKY end up as PM of Sg.

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
In a way it's true. Don't you come across people who complain about the littlest things when their whole lives are in a mess?

E.g. I've a female friend who hates women's gatherings becasue "all they do is complain about their maids"

People need to step back, recognise and solve the bigger problems in their lives.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In a way it's true. Don't you come across people who complain about the littlest things when their whole lives are in a mess?
Oh, whingeing on trivia even gets exported on holidays in other countries. On more than a few occassions (when me and family were herded like sheep on guided tours), complain on things service, cleanliness, efficiency etc.. benchmarking from home

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh, whingeing on trivia even gets exported on holidays in other countries. On more than a few occassions (when me and family were herded like sheep on guided tours), complain on things service, cleanliness, efficiency etc.. benchmarking from home

Know what you mean... my mum takes the cake. Once in a Johore country club, impressed by it, she told the m&d waiter how lucky they were to have learned from S'pore blah blah blah.... so embarrasssed I had to stop her immediately. That "benchmarking" is so typical of S'poreans. We think we are the centre of universe (no offence, mum! :p)

fanta

Alfrescian
Loyal
The 26-year-old part-time security officer is fed up with hearing people complain about anything and everything

PAP must like him a lot for not complaining.

How did he get by with a part-time security job?:o

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why is the pot calling the kettle black? Our mat friend here is equally guilty of complaining, he is complaining of sinkingporeans complaining...so what makes him different from the rest????