• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Director of debt recovery firm jailed and fined for harassing 'debtor'

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
NP_20190418_ATDEBT18_4780312.jpg

She shouted at him using derogatory terms and vulgarities while demanding he repay alleged $36,000 debt

In order to collect debts, the director of a debt recovery firm brought a group and a loud hailer to the victim's workplace and harassed him.

Yesterday, Jasmine Tan Su Ling, 28, was jailed eight weeks and fined $1,000 on two counts of abetment to cause harassment, being a member of an unlawful assembly and an unrelated charge of fighting in a public place.

In 2016, Vantage Debt Recovery was appointed to recover a purported debt of more than $36,000 from the victim.

Tan decided she would harass the purported debtor, a property agent, by confronting him at the show flat where he worked.

She got one of her employees, Ivan Chia Kian Boon, 27, to pose as a potential buyer and meet the victim there.

Deciding she needed more people as a show of force, she roped in the director of another debt recovery firm, Graceson Ang, 34, and others.

Tan and Chia entered the show flat at around 2pm while the other members, including Ang, waited outside.

Tan repeatedly shouted at the purported debtor using derogatory terms and vulgarities, while demanding he repay the debt he allegedly owed.

She also challenged him to hit her and threatened to tell the police he had molested her.

The others joined in and one of them used a loud hailer to shout at the property agent, who denied owing money.

The harassment lasted about 40 minutes and the group left before the police arrived.

During her sentencing yesterday, District Judge Mathew Joseph called this a remarkable case for the wrong reasons.

He said Tan's actions were despicable, likening her actions to that of loan shark runners.

He added Tan was brazen and totally determined to make an example out of the victim using unlawful means.

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The govt bring these ah longs to the surface issuing paid license to loan $ but cannot pressure debtors
And these licensed ah long pressured the debtors, tio fined.
Very clever move to milk $$:biggrin:

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What a desperado! Her tactics in debt recovery include accusations of being molested. She should be fed to the horny Bangla wolves.

Soul

Alfrescian
Loyal
just 28 years old, she looks older than my wife in 40s.
She must have cheonged too much nightlife.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What a desperado! Her tactics in debt recovery include accusations of being molested. She should be fed to the horny Bangla wolves.
If bad debt she could get as much as half of the 36k that’s why she so desperate.
Chow ah lian deserve it. Kudos to the judge

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yesterday, Jasmine Tan Su Ling, 28, was jailed eight weeks and fined $1,000 on two counts of abetment to cause harassment, being a member of an unlawful assembly and an unrelated charge of fighting in a public place.
KNN how to recover debt without harassment KNN

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
She shouted at him using derogatory terms and vulgarities while demanding he repay alleged $36,000 debt

I am guessing that it was something about his mother's gynaecological parts that are diseased and smells...all in hokien ?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am guessing that it was something about his mother's gynaecological parts that are diseased and smells...all in hokien ?

It's an accurate and timeless description of reality.

Always the same smell, the same condition, the same problems. Generations after generations.

Soul

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jailing 8 weeks is nothing
Consider it a free checkup for her greasy body and soul.

Hope our sisters in Women Prison can give her a memorable stay.

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I like such feisty females.. i can imagine her bouncing up and down my rod, determined to achieve an orgasm.. that's hot!!