• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Dark time in Singapore's recent history - koro pandemic!!!

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was under the impression that Singapore since WW2 had been a calm and orderly place, and that the worst thing that happened to this serene island was the Flood of 1969. Was talking to an uncle about how peaceful and calm things have been in Singapore when he told me I was wrong, and that in 1967, there was a koro epidemic!! And people were hysteric, and there was mass panic! Koro? What's koro? So I did a google check, and this was what I discovered - it was true, there was a koro pandemic here in Singapore. Here's a report about it:-

Cheers!

http://www.designntrend.com/articles/13578/20140506/koro-epidemic-1960s-singapore-penis-panic.htm

All You Need To Know About Penis Panic, Koro Epidemics And Singapore In The 1960s

• Carrie Weisman , Design & Trend Contributor
• May, 06, 2014, 01:04 PM

• We've all heard of the term "mass hysteria." One idea penetrates an entire community and everyone goes nuts over it. But things get even weirder when people go nuts over penises - no pun intended.
• That's right, there is an official term given to mass hysteria about penises - shrinking penises to be exact. It's called a "Koro Epidemic" and it hit Singapore pretty hard in the fall of 1967.
• Koro refers to an individual's belief that his or her genitals are shrinking and will eventually disappear. The Singaporean men took it one step further and became convinced that the phenomena would eventually lead to their death.
• The hysteria first hit when a newspaper report came out that some individuals developed "Koro" from eating pork from pigs inoculated with anti-swine-fever vaccines. Rumors spread quickly, and panic swept over an entire community of men.
• At the height of the "outbreak," 97 men who believed they had been hit with Koro went to the emergency unit of the Singapore General Hospital in one day. It's reported that 454 men were seen over the course of the epidemic, with 98 percent of them being Chinese.
• One month later, the Singapore Medical Association and the Health Ministry made public announcements stating that Koro was an extension of fear, rather than an actual condition.
• Some men went so far as to wear wooden clamps or red strings around their penises, thinking it would prevent shrinkage. However, this only proved to damage the areas, and, as we would assume, had no effect to prevent shrinkage.
• Luckily for the men - and women - of Singapore, the panic soon dissipated, and normalcy soon resumed. But the story does perfectly demonstrate how susceptible people are, and how absurdity can find power in numbers.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Yeah it happened to me and my willy disappeared for good. That's how Sam became Samantha.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Well, Koro epidemic would not happen in Singapore again, for the 60% have no xxxx, it had already shrunk by the so many decades in believing in the MIW.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
my milf neighbor had to use a kerosene lamp flask to blow me to keep my weenie up.

image.jpg

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I suspect the education system here has mass infected the male population with Small Cox. People seem happy and have accepted it though.

Cheers!

Well, Koro epidemic would not happen in Singapore again, for the 60% have no xxxx, it had already shrunk by the so many decades in believing in the MIW.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I suspect the education system here has mass infected the male population with Small Cox. People seem happy and have accepted it though.

Cheers!

The are already infected with the MIW small willy syndrome plus, like you have pointed out, the education further exacerbated the problem, not only they have small willy they have shrivel balls or no balls at all.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Aiyoh, last time kerosene can buy from neighbourhood provision shop, now where to buy?

Cheers!

It was usually sold in those tall tin can of a , was it a gallon? or you buy it in a bottle with a cork, you can bring your own bottle, the provision shop owner will throw in the cork free...but you buy the bottled ones, price include the bottle & there is was it 15 cts refund, when you return the empty bottle.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow, its been ages since I purchased kerosene. The provision shop worker would take an empty glass bottle to the area where a 5 gallon (I think) can of kerosene was located and scoop with a metal cup, loads of the liquid into the bottle through a funnel. He'd cork it when its was filled. I can't remember how much it costs though. This was when I was in primary school, and the kerosene was for my Ah Kong's wick lamp, which was lit all night, and for my father's pressure lamp when he went prawning or fishing sometimes. The other time we used the kerosene was when my father treated our dog for some maggot infection after it was bitten in a dog fight (happened quite often those days!), he poured the kerosene on the poor mutt where the wound was, while it was yelping and struggling in agony! Those days, too bad if the dog was injured or sick, it was home remedy, we didn't send it to the vet, unlike these days.

Cheers!

It was usually sold in those tall tin can of a , was it a gallon? or you buy it in a bottle with a cork, you can bring your own bottle, the provision shop owner will throw in the cork free...but you buy the bottled ones, price include the bottle & there is was it 15 cts refund, when you return the empty bottle.