• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Covid AY.4.2 subvariant of the Delta variant is in SG

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore has recorded at least one case of a Delta coronavirus subvariant, believed to be more contagious than the dominant strain currently circulating here.

In response to media queries by Yahoo News Singapore, the Ministry of Health (MOH) confirmed that one imported case was infected with the subvariant, also known as AY.4.2, but added that there is no evidence of spread to the community.

"AY.4.2 is not a new variant, but a subvariant of the Delta variant. While its effects are still being studied, AY.4.2 is currently expected to be similar to other Delta subvariants in terms of transmissibility and severity of illness," said the MOH.

The ministry did not elaborate on when the case's current status or when it was detected.

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
According to data aggregator site outbreak.info, one case with the AY.4.2 subvariant, yet to be considered a "variant of concern", was first detected in the city-state on 8 September.

The site extrapolates information from the Global Initiative on Sharing All Influenza Data (GISAID), the world's largest database of novel coronavirus genome sequences.

Deputy director of Taiwan Centers for Disease Control Luo Yi-jun had also made reference to the subvariant being present in Singapore during a press conference, according to a Central News Agency article published on 22 October.

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks to the vaccinated ones , 80+% of them, their body is the incubator of mutating the virus. We will see even stronger virus in times to come.
This is the outcome of having MMTF team consist of non-medical people.
I am ready to embrace such virus to train my unvaccinated immune system to be even stronger.

Patriotmissile

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can temasick mentor ho jinx sponsor this so I can enter the mall to enjoy free air con?
Screenshot_20211029-012118_Shopee SG.jpg

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal

One case of Delta COVID subvariant AY.4.2 detected in Singapore: MOH​

Staff Writer, Singapore
Staff Writer, Singapore
Thu, 28 October 2021,
MOH trying so hard to spin this to dumb Sinkies.
Of course eventually this variant will spread among the local population because PAP opened the gates big and allow people in even without testing.
Now if in the future you're loved ones die because of this virus and you support PAP, then I will congratulate you ahead of time!

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
AY4.2 is Delta Plus. But when one such case has been detected here, Delta Plus magically evaporates from the news reports and the local presstitutes call it by an underwhelming, unassuming term... the subvariant. :rolleyes:

No cases of Delta Plus Covid-19 variant detected in Singapore​

JUN 24, 2021
https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/no-cases-of-delta-plus-variant-detected-in-singapore-dms

What you need to know about the new Covid-19 Delta Plus variant AY.4.2​

OCT 20, 2021
https://www.straitstimes.com/world/...bout-the-new-covid-19-delta-plus-variant-ay42

maxsanic

Alfrescian
Loyal
AY4.2 is Delta Plus. But when one such case has been detected here, Delta Plus magically evaporates from the news reports and the local presstitutes call it by an underwhelming, unassuming term... the subvariant. :rolleyes:

No cases of Delta Plus Covid-19 variant detected in Singapore​

JUN 24, 2021
https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/no-cases-of-delta-plus-variant-detected-in-singapore-dms

What you need to know about the new Covid-19 Delta Plus variant AY.4.2​

OCT 20, 2021
https://www.straitstimes.com/world/...bout-the-new-covid-19-delta-plus-variant-ay42

Yar I noticed that too. I was reading it and thought vaguely isn't AY42 Delta Plus how come now it's described in such a twisted and convoluted way... LOL