• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Congratulation - Zorro promise to fly round Bedok, Eastcoast looking for improvements

†††††

Alfrescian
Loyal
'Being new won't slow me down'
Labour chief wants to speed up makeover of areas in East Coast GRC
By Cai Haoxiang
ST_IMAGES_HXSWEE26.jpg
say.my.jpg

Mr Lim Swee Say will be facing what look like his first electoral contest in 14 years. He said one of his top priorities is to find out from residents and grassroots leaders how the environment of their estates can be improved further. -- ST PHOTO: DESMOND WEE
Congrats
LABOUR chief Lim Swee Say is a man in a hurry.

Yesterday, he made it plain to reporters that his newness in East Coast GRC would not slow him down in improving the estates in the constituency that he will lead in the coming general election.

Citing the makeover of Bedok Town Centre, he said in Mandarin: 'Its revitalisation programme is a five-year plan but we can speed it up.'

His comments on the sidelines of an NTUC event came one day after it was announced that he will move to the GRC from Holland-Bukit Timah GRC, to take the place of Senior Minister S. Jayakumar, who will be retiring from politics.

Facing what looks like his first electoral contest in 14 years, Mr Lim said one of his top priorities is to find out from residents and grassroots leaders how the environment of their estates can be improved further.

Pointing to the blueprint for Bedok Town Centre, he says he wants to find out and come to grips with the important areas and 'plan and implement them step-by-step'.

He added: 'My lack of familiarity with the area is not going to be a stumbling block. In fact, with the support of the grassroots and residents, I will try my best to speed up the programme.'

Another goal he has set for himself is to foster greater interaction among residents of different races and religions, and across all ages.

Mr Lim also gave his personal assessment of the members in his East Coast GRC team and concluded that they can complement one another well and serve the residents effectively.

The other newcomer in the five-MP GRC is Parliamentary Secretary for National Development Mohamad Maliki Osman, who is moving there from Sembawang GRC.

The rest are Transport Minister Raymond Lim, Minister of State (Trade and Industry, and Manpower) Lee Yi Shyan and Ms Jessica Tan.

Dr Maliki is in the team as Speaker of Parliament Abdullah Tarmugi is also leaving the GRC. Mr Tarmugi will be retiring from politics too.

Mr Lim pointed out that he and Dr Maliki have been working together in the People's Association (PA) where both were members of its board from 2003 to 2006. Mr Lim is still a board member.

Dr Maliki has also done projects on social capital and can come up with community activities to help build resident bonding, he added.

Mr Lim also plans to create more opportunities for the younger members of the team to shine, he said.

He is 56. Mr Raymond Lim is 51; Mr Lee is 49; Dr Maliki is 45 and Ms Tan, 44.

Ms Tan, he said, is a 'lively and energetic young MP' who, as a woman, would pay attention to details in certain areas. He did not elaborate.

As for Mr Lee, he had worked with Mr Lim at the Economic Development Board for several years in the 90s.

'Lee Yi Shyan is like a helicopter, able to talk about broad macro issues but also attentive to his work in the community. He's also effectively bilingual so he's a very effective member of and asset to the team.'

Mr Raymond Lim, he observed, has a 'thankless job' as Transport Minister.

'But our public transport has improved a lot under his leadership. He has a positive attitude and transformed the public pressure into motivation. So I really appreciate him.'

Health Minister Khaw Boon Wan, who helms Sembawang GRC, said yesterday that Dr Maliki will be missed.

Speaking to reporters after visiting the National Dental Centre in Outram, he said: 'He has been a very useful member of the team. We are very proud of him... But we will always field a very strong team in Sembawang.'

†††††

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Congratulation - Zorro promise to fly round Bedok, Eastcoast looking for improvem

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ElKCso_muLs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

peterpan777

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Congratulation - Zorro promise to fly round Bedok, Eastcoast looking for improvem

he is very efficient when conduct the meet-the-people session.

Concurrently, run in parallel with 5-6 desks at the same time. Multi-task and goes around desks and edit the letter that already draft by his helpers.

Super efficient but offer no solution.

Resident from BV.

peterpan777

Alfrescian
Loyal

[video=youtube;YpAgZV_cIB0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpAgZV_cIB0&feature=related[/video]

peterpan777

Alfrescian
Loyal

[video=youtube;2lOSRYDOLKc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lOSRYDOLKc&feature=related[/video]

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

aiyah! talk so much! vote him out! dunno got kena me or not? i will vote him out!

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Since he's coming to my constituency, I wanna sing a duet with him...problem is that i can't seem to find a songbook that has lyrics for the chart-topping "Upturn the downturn". will try aunty lucy in the morning, shou;g be there at the fish section.

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CTMMRrxx-Ug" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal

Zorro is a folk hero. Lim Sia Suay is a folk ZERO!

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal

He is just a FUCKING CLOWN......since when Singaporeans get monthly CPF statements? Liars all of them. Vote for them?

80602880.jpg

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Zorro is a folk hero. Lim Sia Suay is a folk ZERO!

Still water runs deep. He may appear like a clown, speak Singlish and intentionally, broken English etc. But, I heard he is no angel to his volunteers.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal

Still water runs deep. He may appear like a clown, speak Singlish and intentionally, broken English etc. But, I heard he is no angel to his volunteers.

Share some juicy gossip leh

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal

Share some juicy gossip leh

He is just a FUCKING CLOWN......since when Singaporeans get monthly CPF statements? Liars all of them. Vote for a LIAR?

80602880.jpg

nato33

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wonder if the Opposition will highlight some of his infamous comments during the rallies e.g. " I feel so rich....."statement. Shows a definite sense of disconnect with the majority and will make for a crowd pleasing statement during the rally. Papies can't bring out their usual legal lawsuits etc as this was a real statement made by Zorro and all over Youtube.