• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Congrats to Li Na and Zheng Jie on making the Aussie Open Semi Final

fishcer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just to congrats Li Na on making her 1st Grand Slam Semi Final, with a hard fought win over Venus Williams 2-6,7-6,7-5. Its also the 1st time evr that 2 Chinese players have gotten into Grand Slam Semi, hope that they can go further. 加油!!!!

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just to congrats Li Na on making her 1st Grand Slam Semi Final, with a hard fought win over Venus Williams 2-6,7-6,7-5. Its also the 1st time evr that 2 Chinese players have gotten into Grand Slam Semi, hope that they can go further. 加油!!!!

i think Li Na is in semi-finals to meet Serene next,

Zhang Jie is still playing in quarter-finals hoping to make it to semis....

My mistake.... u r right ! WOW !!! This is GREAT !

fishcer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well...its not confirmed dat it will b Serena Williams next for Li Na. Serena is playg her Qtr Final now, and is 1 set down to Azarenka. I'm hoping dat Serena loses, i kinda hate the Williams sisters. They dun look good, but r always prancing ard in skimpy attire. I was watchg the Li Na vs Venus match earlier, n gosh, i dunno how Venus can have the cheek to wear that skimpy outfit?! It basically shows her whole ass, n i had to go wash my eyes after 1 particular ass shot...:(

fishcer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Zheng Jie might have a very hard time in the Semis, playing Henin. Only plus point i c for Jie is that Henin just came back from retirement, but it shld b a rather enthralling match.

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ha Ha These Williams sistar more like bodiebuilders.

Back stilll wanna show their feminine side meaning wearing skimpy outfits more suitable for slender maidens.

End result: muscular gorilla look - their thunder thighs, ass cheeks & torsos a sight for sore eyes !

Racist remarks or not, not gonna be Political Correct this instance :biggrin: !

P.S. Williams sistars PR even more tainted by thier papa Mister Williams !

fishcer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Li Na lost 1st set to Serena 7-6. Now 2nd set tied at 5-5. Come on Li Na!!! Although i must say it looks diff, cos Serena is playing much better than Venus did yesterday...but then again...Li Na 加油!!!

fishcer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sigh...Li Na loses in 2 sets 7-6 7-6. Good effort Li Na, just too diff to beat the Williams sisters 2 in a row...

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Good Show Li Na !

Knowing the negro sistars, Serena must be taking it very personally & highly pumped up to have the extra edge over Li Na - avenging her sis's loss yesterday !

Better luck to Zheng Zie :biggrin:

fishcer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Henin with an easy 6-1 6-0 win over Zheng Jie. No chance at all for Jie...anyway, good effort from the chinese players, hope they will continue to improve!! Also hope Justine Henin can win Serena Williams in the final, to cap a remarkable fairy tale comeback for the belgian player.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
A population of 1.2 billion and China can't even produce a couple of decent Tennis players.:rolleyes: What a disgrace. :eek:

Wayne Piew

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good Show Li Na !

Knowing the negro sistars, Serena must be taking it very personally & highly pumped up to have the extra edge over Li Na - avenging her sis's loss yesterday !

Better luck to Zheng Zie :biggrin:

Henin with an easy 6-1 6-0 win over Zheng Jie. No chance at all for Jie...anyway, good effort from the chinese players, hope they will continue to improve!! Also hope Justine Henin can win Serena Williams in the final, to cap a remarkable fairy tale comeback for the belgian player.

You guys are a funny lot.
Getting excited over players from another country,
not own country.
Yet, this same country supplied and help
your own country to win a Olympic Sliver medal,
you guys can whine and complain it is a hollow victory,
due to the fact it is not won by your fellow countryman.
:rolleyes:

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
A population of 1.2 billion and China can't even produce a couple of decent Tennis players.:rolleyes: What a disgrace. :eek:

How abt throwing the question around: Can the U.S. find a couple to beat the Chinese in table tennis or badminton the way the Chinks took on the sisters in tennis?

fishcer

Alfrescian
Loyal
You guys are a funny lot.
Getting excited over players from another country,
not own country.
Yet, this same country supplied and help
your own country to win a Olympic Sliver medal,
you guys can whine and complain it is a hollow victory,
due to the fact it is not won by your fellow countryman.
:rolleyes:

I don't deny that there have been locals complaining abt the Olympic Silver, but i m not 1 of them. If u wanna group evry1 2gether, then i can't stop u from doing dat.

Is there anything wrong getting excited about players from other countries? Its all about watching n njoying the sport. Its nice to c some Chinese players breaking into the top tier of tennis, which is/has always been dominated by other nationalities. So what if they r not from Singapore. I don't c u, or any1 else, going around commenting when pple get excited over foreign football teams, or any other sports, so watz wrong when i derive enjoyment from the performance of these Chinese tennis players? I am a chinese also, albeit i'm a Singapore citizen, but i dun c any wrong supporting chinese talent. If it was a Singapore player in the qtr/semi/final, or even in the early rounds of the slam, of course i will b here posting also. Just that there ain't any.

All in all, ur entitled to ur opinion, but i dun c the need to chastise us ovr our delight at the chinese players progress.

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As far as I am concerned when the PRC-born ping pong gals won Olympic Silver under our flag, I am happy for Spore.

Of course, happier if they r S'pore-born but this is 21st century so get real.

e.g very happy to hear Tao Li speak English when interviewed - more & more like S'porean.

As for the China gals in Austrialian Open semis - 1st of all, this is historic,
2ndly, I am always for underdog & finally their skin color same as me - this is primal, ethnically proud to be chinese of race.

As for Sam's superficial remark, sports history plays a big part.

Don't forget 40 years ago, these chaps all wear Mao suits, no. of tennis courts & rackets negligible in PRC. It has come a long way despite Chinese no build & tradition in tennis. Look, all these years, only American-Chinese Michael Chiang won French Open - 1st & last time, one & only flash in the pan.

So, these 2 gals breakthrough this year not to be sniffed at.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
How abt throwing the question around: Can the U.S. find a couple to beat the Chinese in table tennis or badminton the way the Chinks took on the sisters in tennis?

Very few nations are interested in those stupid games. :rolleyes: That's the only reason why the Chinese can dominate.