• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Con·trar·i·an Jo·h·or

denso61

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you have chosen technology as your weapon-of-choice, my heartiest congratulation to you! Different people choose different weapon-of-choice as their assault instrument. There is no right or wrong until the last leaf falls.

I am a little bit different from you in that I am just a smallish rubber tapper. I fear the elements. If there is no rain, I will dance to the rain gods for comfort. If there are blizzards, I will pray to the rain gods again for mercy. If there are land robbers, I will discuss with the boss of the robbers for a lower ransom. I am not a changer, but a person who accept one’s fate as given. There is little or nothing I can do to change the elements, be it natural or artificial.

2,500 years ago, the Qin (秦) conquered Zhao (赵) and forced surrender a 200,000 Zhao army. As the saying goes, the Qin army killed off every one of the Zhao’s surrendered army. The reason being the Qin couldn’t feed the surrendered army for long. All Qin was interested was only the land mass they conquered. That was not too long ago, only just 2,000 - 3,000 years away.

Fast forward to almost present days, WWII (1940s) saw the Japanese trying to kill off every single male in South East Asia (SEA), reason being they were deemed resistance potential. All the Japanese wanted was none other than the land-mass of SEA and the resource that comes with it. That was not even 70 years away. It was a WORLD WAR.

Another fast forward to present days, just look at North Korea, the number of populace that was starved to death every year (totalling in the millions) was not even declared. Like you have suggested, all fatty Kim needs to do is to just release his population to the world, I am sure there would be takers from South Koreans. In so doing, fatty Kim would have lost absolute power. That is why fatty Kim is not doing it. Stop.

Other obvious examples are the African blacks. Every year currently, millions were starved to death in Africa. But, if released to the outside world, or, for that matter, improved its agricultural machinery, they would become the champions in sports and may even sport a USA president. These starving African blacks are not stupid. They just aren’t given a chance to grow. Why should they be given a chance by others?

Researchers had concluded that our human brain is 60% too big. We don’t need that brain power to stay on top of the food chain. Then why should the human brain be so humongous? It is from the fear of our neighbours. Our greatest threat is not of any natural elements but the self-preservation from the possible attacks from our neighbours.

http://www.slate.com/articles/healt...ups_led_to_the_evolution_of_large_brains.html

You must have recently watched the video and read the news that a 31-year-old man dies after attack at Clarke Quay carpark; 9 arrested for rioting (16 Apr 2017). It was nothing more than a not-too-discrete staring game of one’s gf.

Therefore, I fear the elements. I fear most of all - Man. Technology to me can be used by me or against me. I am not too zealous to think which is which.

If mice (0.4) cannot solve a puzzle of procreation using simple social interactions, I am very doubtful if I am clever enough to solve the precreation puzzle with my follow humans (7.5).

I therefore choose to be a quitter, just like my forefathers before me. Our good friend, Stalin, killed 20m just to retain control and our very good and better friend too, Mao, killed “50m” to retain power.

Well, fatty Kim, like you have suggested, can choose to import food and water to feed his population. But, can he or did he do so? NO. He could follow the pinoy and indian idea of exporting “foreign talents” to generate more income. NO. He did not. By so doing, his people would have opened their eyes and wanted more. Simplistic mind-control can no longer work for fatty Kim. Fatty Kim chose starvation as his weapon-of-choice.

Our islanders in general are lazy people. They stopped thinking when the going was good and had depended on the king rat to dish out his nuggets of wisdom and followed them. When the going was bad, they too try to listen hard on the king rat’s advice. After all, what can go wrong since they have listened before and prospered? I don’t blame these followers as they came from an even more horrendous situation. With little to zero education, it was a blessing they could even read the newspapers. But, unknowing to the populace, the king rat has a change of heart or was it, never change of heart in the game of ruthless mind-control.

Food can be gotten on the table only through technology OR conquest. Since conquest is a tabooed word, I shall restrict myself to discussing technology. Technology, unfortunately, is a double-edged sword. It cuts both ways. If one wants to be good in technology and ground-breaking, then one must have freedom to think and explore. But, freedom breeds adventurism. The islanders would question the very pillars of power above them and asking why are they not being rewarded. Herein, lies the irony. If one wants control, there would be no freedom. If one wants technology in exchange for food, there would be a loss of power. The old king rat chose control over freedom. Therefore, as time goes by, life becomes harder and harder. Technology lags no man.

If technology makes me drink shit water and tell me that it is good for my body, I would rather trust my rain gods and drink water that is filtered through thousands of miles from the mountains by mother nature. I don’t like technology.

Same, same for the old king rat. He feared most his adversaries. He then controlled the press and freedom of his people from as early as 1960s, the start of his leadership and disallows any technology to take root. His company can’t even sell a rifle, SAR 21, to anyone. When in use, it blooded every soldier’s back. The buyers are not stupid. Old king rat couldn’t have done any better. Therefore, it is indeed your personal choice to stay within or without. But, since you are not yet a true islander, your choice may have a slightly different slant, which is not usually confronted by the islanders.

The story of how Qin came from a humble beginning or internal chaos to strong governance to emerge as a uniting force for China is truly refreshing. It spanned 25 generations of Qin’s hard work. But, one small mistake of taking victory enjoyment march (秦始皇帝 and his son) too soon, the Qin was annihilated within the reign of just 2 emperors.

I am a believer of history. I believe, by learning history, I get to reduce the mistakes I can make. History has taught me to be patient and not try to be too playful with my humble resource.

I remained a rubber tapper … fearful of both natural and artificial elements … choice of weaponry is indeed and shall remained a very personal choice …

in metta …

"liked" ( now too little characters)

denso61

Alfrescian
Loyal
QUOTE I am a believer of history. I believe, by learning history, I get to reduce the mistakes I can make. History has taught me to be patient and not try to be too playful with my humble resource. UNQUOTE

"liked"

ikani

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: A Photo Trip to Pontian

... Thanks for all the sharing...really interesting to read differing views....
Thank you very much for being kind and hope that you can help all of us here improve our station in life.

虛實篇 第六 (Chapter 6: Virtual – Real Situation)
“… 夫兵形象水,水之形避高而趨下,兵之形,避實而擊虛,水因地而制流,兵應敵而制勝。故兵無常勢,水無常形,能因敵變化而取勝者,謂之神。故五行無常勝,四時無常位,日有短長,月有死生。”

用兵的規律像水一樣,「水」是由高處往低處流,用兵的規律是「避實而擊虛」,水因地形而變化其方向,用兵也要順應敵情變化而克敵制勝。所以用兵沒有固定的規則,就像水沒有固定的型態一樣,能依照敵情變化而取勝,可算是用兵如神了。用兵之道,如同五行變化一樣,金木水火土相生相剋,不分勝負。春夏秋冬,交替更迭,日有長短,月有盈缺,能掌握形勢,避實擊虛,可謂用兵如神。

According to Bruce Lee, “You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend.” Same, same for our weapon-of-choice.

According to SunTzu, assault is like water flowing from high to low ground. Formless, but yet purposeful. Water always avoid the real objects and attack the virtual ones. Water sizes the encountered terrain and changes its direction accordingly. A soldier must track the enemy’s intent and device his own immediate strategy to foil the enemy. Therefore, there are no rules of engagement, just like water knows not what would be its direction next. If the soldier has the ability to change when the enemy changes, he is called the god of all battles. Metal, wood, water, fire and earth are all real elements; each controlling the next, there is neither winner nor loser. Same for the spring, summer, autumn and winter, the changing weather. So, it is the same for longer or shorter day of the sun or the waxing of the moon. All are known indelible factors, but, being able to avoid the real and assault the virtual circumstances, is called the god of all battles.

Contrary to SunTzu, where cunning and deceit are the order of the day, honesty remains my weapon-of-choice. Be sincere in all my battles, I have been rewarded well recently. My customers said that I am stupid to be so honest and fore right with them, but I got their deals. -_- ...

in metta …

ikani

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: The Cash-Flow Game

… Can win many times, but only can die once. A big thank you for suggesting I find a mentor to guide me along, which i think i really need. I strongly believe matters such as are truly 投缘 and one is truly blessed to be able to meet the mentor fate assigned for him.
Let’s play by ear, I shall organise the meet-ups and see how we go from there (pm?). You are definitely blessed with youth in your hand, please don’t squander it on things that are not fun to deal with. ^_^ … I am sure you and your loved ones will have a fruitful life ahead.

… Kudos to you for restarting the first generation game to give your future generation a shot in a new environment. Past experience accumulates and builds you up to navigate tougher seas avoid death traps, take no complacency even if you found calmer seas!
Yes. I might have found courage to restart, but the road is still long and weary. I thank you for the great encouragement. It is important to note that we are never alone on this path. No matter how long or how short we been friends, it is nevertheless a valuable memory we all shall cherish. An extreme talent once told me, he wanted to start a coffee shop in bolehland and allow all our islanders to contribute their old artefacts to its second-storey museum. Together, he said, he wanted to save the memories of the island. That little geylang, that little east coast, that little jurong, or that little chinatown. It will never mean anything to the bolehland, but to the islanders, this is memories of the good old. A very noble and selfless man, indeed. We need nobles like him to help those who are weak. We need nobles like him to make those who are trying to make the beaching a little easier. The coffee at the shop may not taste the same as bolehland, but it is coffee of the island. The bread toast may not be as filling as bolehland, but it is our island toast. The eggs are done half boiled to their perfection; where else can we find such a joy?

… In fact i was just in Shenzhen just last week, entered via ferry from HKIA. Past experiences didn't make me feel like sparing a few hrs to pitstop in HK downtown for a lunch before I continue into SZ, hence i went straight into SZ. I often feel negative vibes of HK from walking on the ground, or i can’t really feel the vibes well. Perhaps i should try speaking in Cantonese if i get go there again next time.
Hong Kong is an advanced version of any chinaman cities, don’t need to go Tokyo for the same experience. In time, we would be facing extremely dense populace living. By looking at Hong Kong one would be wiser without having to go through it pronto.

But, that’s not what I want to show you. If you go through the streets of Hong Kong over the past decades, you would have realized that the survivors are not any type of shops, but pure eateries. Not any type of eateries, but shops that served all kinds of food. Look closer, one would realize these shops serve every type of possible food, from noodles to rice to toast and their seats are meant for one to eat quickly and leave. These shops are the shops I want you to observe.

Fast forward to the island, you would notice the only bright spark this year is the listing of the kopitiam. Only the kopitiam survived the sands of time.

Another very fast forward to bolehland, most of the eateries now are mono-type, i.e., chicken rice store, duck rice store, fish ball noodles store and what else (the location of the store is normally at the front of the shop). Judging from Hong Kong and of the island, these eateries would never survive the sands of time. They are not of the best practice. The best practice must be one that is flexible and allows only the best food in that location-specific shop to survive (like water in Bruce Lee's words). That answer must be same, same as Hong Kong’s multi-purpose cafes or the island’s kopitiam. There are not many great kopitiams in bolehland, it is time to bring good stuff to bolehland.

… I saw a 霸王饭 outlet somewhere in Indah few weeks ago which matches your descriptions, what caught my attention was the crowd it pulled in over all the other eateries. Interesting! It’s opened by islander?
I have concocted an essay next based on this 霸王饭 to make more peeps happy. Please wait for the next photo post.

denso61 said:
… Sincerely appreciate all your words of advice. I certainly look forward to the age 45. Meanwhile i shall work on myself and get ready for it. I think it is really important to find out what you want for your own life and to not have herd mentality and just follow what the propaganda tells you, they will screw you for their own benefits!

Certainly, if the group agrees and is kind enough not to mind having a younger bloke around to have a drink or some steamed fish (love szechuan style and light soya style) After i get my keys, I would be going in johor very often on weekends to do up the unit and spend time walking the ground to see see look look and understand the vibes, will also be venturing to ipoh in a few week time to see see look look

P.S Im guessing my location and your location is in the same direction, with yours further east.
Do make that age 50. From age 20 to age 50, one makes or breaks many things during that 30 years of learning to walk. Fast forward it again, from age 50 to age 80, another 30 years, one would be enormously wise and can truly make things happen. That’s when life’s a real treat. See the world, invest wisely and live a life that’s befitting one’s joy.

Yes. Venturing farther than most will test one’s bravery and wit, but also, the most rewarding. Ipoh is the birth place of all bolehland chinamen. Almost every chinaman is born of Ipoh origin in its early stages. Talk to every bolehland guys, you should find some of their connections are always back to Ipoh. Malacca was a misnomer in that they assimilated totally into the friendly culture. In fact, I don’t rule out adopting the religion, if need be. LOL …

Ipoh is now developing quite nicely and is a good retirement living. Good mountain, good water. But, as a money-making machine, it still lacks the vibes of a budding city, unlike Johor’s cute little cities.

Ipoh is the source of everything good. You will find the best coffee, best fruits, best fish, best wild animals (kekeke) and the best living conditions. It is almost dust-free like the west. One of their very famous 50-year old Bak kut teh stores is going to teach me how to cook and make their kopi and teh. His son is also quite friendly to me as he is not jealously protecting his father’s recipe. He understood his father’s thought and said that this recipe is his father’s life and he doesn’t mind letting it be known to the world. With that, I humbly bowed.

in metta …

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Found this interesting thread. No time to read all of it. Will finish later.

Agree that Mount Austin is a happening area in JB. Tried the frog claypot, not bad:

https://www.facebook.com/dingsengfrog/

Also visited Taman Molek. Like the feel of the place. Seems like a rich man's area. Noted that Molek Pine 1,2,3 and 4 were developed by Kuok Group. This old man is from JB.

TS, please share whatever knowledge you have on Taman Molek. I like the place except I noticed that these Malaysian jokers are very inconsiderate parkers of cars. Can understanding double or triple parking in Austin Heights restaurants area - a hungry man is an angry man, but in front of Public Bank and HSBC in Taman Molek @ 3 pm? That is too much. Still, the area around the Molek Pines feel good when I had a stroll there not too long ago :rolleyes:

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal

Found this interesting thread. No time to read all of it. Will finish later.

Agree that Mount Austin is a happening area in JB. Tried the frog claypot, not bad:

https://www.facebook.com/dingsengfrog/

Also visited Taman Molek. Like the feel of the place. Seems like a rich man's area. Noted that Molek Pine 1,2,3 and 4 were developed by Kuok Group. This old man is from JB.

TS, please share whatever knowledge you have on Taman Molek. I like the place except I noticed that these Malaysian jokers are very inconsiderate parkers of cars. Can understanding double or triple parking in Austin Heights restaurants area - a hungry man is an angry man, but in front of Public Bank and HSBC in Taman Molek @ 3 pm? That is too much. Still, the area around the Molek Pines feel good when I had a stroll there not too long ago :rolleyes:

Illegal parking, inconsiderate parking, double parking, triple parking, anyhow parking, etc. is pretty much a way of life you have to get used to everywhere all over in MY.
However, you need to be very patient and don't anyhow sound your horn when blocked by any of the above mentioned parking or you'll be scolded, walloped, whacked till blue black all over, being thrown at with chairs or with anything readily available, car vandalized or smashed, etc...........by a very big group of people!
Remember this, you are forewarned!!

http://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2017/05/05/group-attacks-motorist-outside-johor-mosque/

ikani

Alfrescian
Loyal
A Photo Trip to Lee Pineapple Co. Ltd

"liked" (now too little characters)
Let’s settle the story of the brave 霸王饭. Yes. 霸王饭 belongs to a brave islander.

For 2 veg + rice dish, rm3.00-3.50, dependent on the cashier valuer. For 1 veg + 1 meat + rice dish, rm4.50. For 2 veg + 1 meat + rice dish, rm5.50.

He is shamelessly cheapo. I meant it in a good way. No one dare to come close to his cheap pricing.

He has a central kitchen to deliver the cooked food. The shops are just for service. The shops not only have nice air-con and bright environment, they also have free china tea or plain water. The plain water is filtered and of great taste. The basic idea in his weapon-of-choice is quality at low, low prices.

To win in this war of attrition, one must be shamelessly cheapo.

「天下武功,無堅不破,唯快不破!」
「生意无限,创意不息,唯廉不败!」

In all martial art forms, no hardness is unbreakable, only speed is insurmountable. In the boundless world of business, with restless creativity, only cheapo cannot be defeated.

I recalled some years back, my friend who has been in the stationery supply business, he always made countless trips to Guangzhou, participating in their trade shows. He asked for a supply of gel ink pens. The quotation was usd1.00 per pen. He inquired about the possibility of paying only usd0.50. After some haggling, the china manufacturer conceded. So the day of delivery finally arrived. My friend collected the container and broke bulk. The delivered pens were less than 3 inches tall, i.e., half the original stated size. My friend immediately called his manufacturer. His manufacturer replied that throughout the years, they have received numerous calls with regard to the discounting of their gel ink pens. If the manufacturer had said no, they would have lost all of the deals. By saying yes, they cut all deals. But, if the manufacturer were to make the pens to specs, they would have lost tons of money. So they created a new mold for the shortened pens. They delivered these shortened pens and of course, they received tons of complaints. But, none of the vendors took them to court, as these vendors knew that they are striking an impossible deal to begin with. In business and in life, there must be fairness in the deals, the exchange must always be equitable (等价交换). We, both my friend and I, had a good laugh. In the end, he also sold his pens at half the original price and was well received. Most customers had never bought such cutey and short gel ink pens before. But, its popularity was not followed through as my friend didn’t dare to step into the chinaman’s lair ever again. These chinamen are definitely more yellow than his yellowness or his forefather’s yellowness. Only the very brave and yellowest skins remain in middle kingdom. The current flavour of the day: the ah tiong cheapos.

From the above example, one can deduce that being cheapo is the only solution to the business world.

Do remember Japan. When Japan lost the WWII, she was not allowed to rebuild her armies. Instead, she spent her entire time building really cheapo fakes to enter the white land. The end result was Japan managed to become the second largest economy of the world, beating even Germany. Japan sold everything from pens to watches to cars. At one time, their emperor’s palace was worth more than the whole California. But, when her technologies finally caught up with the west, she has got nothing further to copy. Japanese started to invest in r&d. That’s when Japanese fell flat. Costs escalated and never returned.

Second came the Koreans, again they copied the Japanese way. The Koreans powered their selves to everything great, from Korean gal groups to cars to phones. The number of suicides is at all-time high. Seoul has become some of the worst and most expensive place to live. Sounds familiar? It is.

Fast forward to China, isn’t China repeating what the Japanese or the Koreans did.

Yes. Indeed, cheapo never fail. But, we must never increase cost. LOL … isn’t our cutey island trying to solve this cheapo puzzle? Of course, we, at sammyboy’s, knew the answer. Why teach? Let’s leave it to our self-proclaimed clever millionaires to solve it.

In fact, once the island is sucked dry, I can’t wait for these millionaires to send their kiddos and their millions, or better still, themselves included, into the wilderness. See how they pretend to be quick-footed multi-millionaires investing their millions into some get-rich-fast schemes.

Being a clever pilot retired in Vancouver or after-sales ministar is very different from being a hard-nosed businessman. Each requiring a clever, but very different set of skill, that necessitates one’s life time to perfect.

I hope 霸王饭 didn’t rent his way to bigness. If he did, he would follow the way of the Japanese and Koreans (of course our dear island too), he would be obsoleted by the ever-increasing rentals.

I wish 霸王饭 well.

Now I would like to highlight another brave islander. This guy is in the big league, so not many of us can afford to copy him. But, it is nevertheless fun to see him successful.

If you drive along the Jalan Skudai, you would very soon hit upon a place called Lee Pineapples Co. Ltd (slightly hidden, just before hitting 王后). This place is fondly remembered as the factory that produces the Lee Pineapple Can drink. The Lee Pineapple Can drink is very flavourful. One can taste the entire real pineapple in the mouth. If you have not tried it, you must try. It sports a huge pineapple at the front of the factory gate.

Johorians love this place and is very well patronized both day and night, similar to the Queen’s Garden (Ungku Tun Aminah). Just outside the factory, there are many eateries by day and by night. Not only do they have eateries, they even have many badminton halls for sports. These halls are not for sammyboys’ bedminton, but real badminton.

Our brave, brave islander just came and bought up these badminton halls for a cool rm20m. The area is estimated to be around 8ac (43,560sf x 8ac = 348,480sf). After the purchase, he fast-hand, fast-leg did up a kopitiam in its place. The environment is very clean and spacious.

But, I sincerely doubt the income from this kopitiam can support the instalment of the purchase, if any.

If the purchase is fully borrowed, then the instalment per month is likely to be around rm100k per month. That would kill any businessman, if not well managed.

A quick check around, I was informed by the learned that this islander intends to wait it out. At (rm20m/348,480sf =) rm58 psf, one can buy a 2-storey terrace house with land. But, if he were to develop the land, he will probably be able to sell at rm600-800 psf. If the construction cost is between rm300-500 psf, the profit would be VERY, VERY handsome indeed. The land cost is probably almost free, based on division of the build-up plot ratio. But, this game is for the very brave. I too wish him well.

This is a piece of very valuable land. He was not wrong in the purchase, but the reaping of profits is only meant for the very brave.

If you happen to be around the area, do give his kopitiam some business.

in metta …

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Where is Home?

China is the embarrassment of all Chinese. The people are uncouth backstabbing scum. And this is from experience.

ikani

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: A Photo Trip to Lee Pineapple Co. Ltd

Foremost I must apologise for not appearing soon enough. I still owe some essays on the Taman Molek and others. Peeps, do give me some more time. After all, the generations game is played in decades and not years.

As said, I have to 爲五斗米折腰 (to compromise one's integrity just to earn a small salary in a dead-end job OR to sacrifice one's ideals in order to make a living). I have been quite busy minding my own upstarts. Many things have happened during this period, though all have been positive, some troubles still brew.

I have benefitted much from your sharing.

I really like your nick; excellent choice for the state of mind. I thank you for the kind words. Do share what you know and learn what you don’t.

Please accept my heartfelt thanks. Much of what you say I can't help but just continually nod my head! Though I am grateful for being born an Islander and have benefitted somewhat the past 20 years. I still have two young children to feed. I'm 47 and feel I have the energy to start afresh and still become really skilled in a new industry.

In my previous essays, I have said it is never too late to restart. For the first 30 years (20yo-50yo), we learn to fall and learn, in the next 30 years (50yo-80yo), we are killers in the making; the fearless hunters. You are not late to contemplate a move.

I am a very biased person. I don’t apologise for my askew view. Let me begin.

There is always no true right and no true wrong. To stay or to leave is always one’s own choice; one’s own council to believe.

But for me, my gospel is always: A family moved is already a family saved; I am satisfied that in this life, I have done my fair share for mankind. I would then be rewarded well during my next life.

First, let me congratulate you on the fine decision. Your kids will thank you immensely in the future. Don’t let them befriend any more islanders, make sure they befriend anybody else (LOL), a Malaysian, a Thai, an Indon, or a Vietcon, a Khmer terrorist, a Myanmar junta son or daugther; anyone else but an islander.

Even if you failed to gain entry to these places, your kids will help you totally.

A 4-year law degree only costs rm60k to complete. Don’t buy the stupid dream of going to a white country for education. I have been doing that for many, many years, nothing positive comes out of it. No need. If they really need to go, just go for a few years and come back. Remember you can’t jump-start nor short-circuit the generations game. LOL …

As for a doctoring degree, I have a bolehland doc friend, whom I can introduce to you. He will tell you the exact ringgit needed to finish his doc degree, i.e., without selling his father’s house in bolehland lah.

You kids will have no issues here in bolehland. Your kids’ visas are safe.

As for your visas, maybe you have to talk to me a little more in private to discuss the possibility. A work visa is also fine. I can get my KL friend to help you with that. Once you have a proper visa, work humbly from there.

Just to put it in a nutshell, both your kids’ education are ultra-safe in bolehland, compared to the island where one’s only life-long ambition is to be a full-time taxi driver (sic).

As for property investment, there is no rush. You can slowly build your knowledge among your peers, before plunging in. First, buy for stay and then second, buy for investments.

The island is getting more sick now. Even very rich big brother cannot tolerate very rich younger brother. Currently, the very rich younger brother has to consider moving out of the island. I believed the story. I thought together they owned the island and yet there were still not enough food on the table to satisfy them both.

So you are not wrong to seriously contemplate a complete move-out. This sickness will spread and soon many islanders would want to quit. That’s when the king rat will shut the gates of hell and be reclusive. If the king rat cannot tolerate his own blood, what more you and me.

I see terrific opportunities in JB Malaysia. Cheap housing, cheap rentals and tons and tons of land. If Malaysia is good enough for Jack Ma to invest in then I realise I must be flexible and strive to do something there too. My wife is supportive if I choose to start afresh in JB Malaysia.

Great! You sounded a lot more humble already. Every one of us here are super killers. Respect them and you will find a way. Btw, I still owe a bro here my reply. For that, I will arrange for all of us to meet for a cup of tea. LOL … no kopi … LOL … Just kidding. Do pm me your contact. I will try to fix up a whatsapp group.

In bolehland, every (put in your race) family has at least 2-5 foreign workers under them, so each (put in your race) family is rich and generous. I have received numerous gifts from my kind neighbours already. On that little island, we are talking about employing that one-and-only maid and learn to torture her. It is so vastly different in approach.

Do give me some time. Still trying to make my 五斗米.

Please continue to share more. I know it’s a very competitive field but I am keen to venture into farming and the food industry. Making delicious food from the land I till with my own hands is something I would like to do for the rest of my life. And, if you are agreeable to accept me as new padawan. I am willing to 拼!

There are no sifu-student relationship for me. To me, everyone is an equal, no need to keep that padawan thingy. Unless I reached 80yo, I will not be taking any padawan anytime soon. I am still in my first-generation rubber-tapping.

I do happen to know a like-minded bro who is also interested in what you are thinking. Maybe I can arrange for a meet-up for you guys in private too.

Just a small food-for-thought to take away before I end: The generations game is played out in the cash-flow. Think hard on the cash-flow game, one would be well on the way to comfortable living, even as a first generation gamer. I looked at the Peranakans, they were living like earth gods during their times in bolehland.

There are, of course, no promises of great enjoyment to come, but we can always be hopeful. That way, our rubber-tapping days can be made just that little easier.

LOL … nowadays I have heard many stories about how rubber tappers made it in the end and gained many lands afterwards, but to lose it all to gambling. LOL …

Gaming business anyone?

in metta ...

Footnote: Education on that island for your kids is no biggie. It is just a grand illusion created by one old fucker. If you know me more, you will know the reason why I do have the authority to make such a statement. So you are safe to just move them out, after hearing me out in private.

I wish everyone here a happy holiday and live well.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Thank you sir Ikani for your very insightful sharing. My family and myself are too poor to afford anything so Ba Wang rice is our staple now. Yes alot of truth in what you said, sent to my wife for her and friends for reading insights.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Gaming business anyone?

[/QUOTE]

Lets talk more. I have friends who are keen to get work visas as well.

ikani

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thank you sir Ikani for your very insightful sharing. My family and myself are too poor to afford anything so Ba Wang rice is our staple now. Yes alot of truth in what you said, sent to my wife for her and friends for reading insights.
I thank you for the kind words. There are great opportunities affording us today. Whether one is pissed poor like a rubber tapper, me or filthy rich like your good self, surely there is no real difference. I will try my best to never borrow from you. So don’t worry too much … LOL ... We are now free. Free to choose our true paths. Even though I am pissed poor, I can still manage the three meals a day for my family. So we are never that poor. It is just a perception. Since we are all travellers along the same path, we must treasure our times together. Value our cooperation rather than competition. The two very rich brothers failed because they were competitive. We on the other hand must stay cooperative. There is nothing more powerful than we huddle together to hunt for our mammoths. It will take a much shorter time and our yield might be slightly lessened, but we are consistent in bringing food to the table.

Gaming business anyone?
Who say we don’t have talent? Boss here is so quick on the draw. He deciphered my rather cryptic subliminal message. I am sure with his able leadership; we can find a nice way ahead.

Let’s talk more. I have friends who are keen to get work visas as well.
Of course we can all discuss over a cup of tea and find a way.

That actually leads me to highlight one point:

The Grey Business

Grey business is not black business, neither is it a white business. I define a black business as business that will hurt others in the process of conducting it. That is the reason why forced prostitution, drug pushing, drinking and gambling cry foul with the authority. White business on the other hand is defined as business that is legal in the eyes of law.

Grey business, I will define it as business that doesn’t hurt others in the process of conducting it, but it is definitely “illegal”.

I put the word illegal in quotes is because overtime, these grey businesses were made legal by the king rat, thus turning white.

History

Historically, there are simply too many examples of grey turning white. For example, the liquid-paper, when it was first invented, it wasn’t allowed in the exam halls. But, now, it is endorsed as a simple way to correct a hand-written mistake.

When billboard bulletin (bbs) first started, the king rat was keen to ban it all as these forums are key means of info-sharing and disruptive to effective control of the populace. Now we have Whatsapp, wechat and hopefully in time, very powerful encrypted messaging systems. King rat, although wishes to ban these group chats, but these measures were proven futile.

Of recent improvements, like the GrabTaxi or crowd-funding, they all proved to be big headaches for the king rat. Of course the queen rat went ahead to buy them thinking that it is a good idea. What a stupid gal! Ideas are plenty, working ones are very few.

In the past, it used to be, if you need money, you better ask the stock exchange to do it, you must first be willing to suck king rat’s balls; second, willing to share your spoils with the queen rat and third, never challenge the views of the rat king. Then, you will be given favour to the cash piles.

Irregularities

Fast forward, nowadays even white businesses are turning grey too. Just look at the king rat’s polyclinics and band of over-charging doctors, the unending chain of rent-increases, the asshole lawyers (I meant no insult to the noble profession; I am just against the unprincipled practitioners), the grocery cartels, the water rates, the casinos/toto or the land sales are plain day-light robbers in the name of legality.

So why did the king rat loves to catch us for conducting grey businesses then, it is simply because we are trying to rob him of his own businesses.

So fuck you! Yeah!

No one should tell me what’s legal and what’s not. They are all in different shades of grey. There is no scruple and there is no honour.

Peeps, let’s do grey business. It is good for your cash-flow (-_-). Put it in another way: One would be the greatest fool on earth if one tries to conduct white business. If the king rat is not following noble and principled rules, why should we? Just fuck him!

If in the past, we cried foul on microsoft when caught collecting keystrokes and spying on us, why then when google did it with android, we didn't give a hoot?

Time to form our 14K Gang, 新義安, 和勝和 or 上海邦. We should call ourselves the “坡邦”? LOL …

I should just stop here, as going any further would compromise all my upstarts.

Making this a sticky thread.
Once again, I thank you for your kindness and providing me with a platform to talk my brain’s out.

I hope more people will come forward to serve the greater good of man. We are men of quality; we need not succumb to hitting below the belly for our food. Don’t ever let scumbags tell us how to feed on each other in order to survive. There is always a higher and nobler dais.

We are looking not for money or fame, but little ideas that will help us feed comfortably along the way.

By waking up at 3 am every morning to tap rubber is a very tedious task. But, I cannot not do it every day. As well as on the other hand, I can never hope to get out of this rut unless I innovate and improve my station in life.

in metta …

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Hi Ikani, in PJ this week, back in JB on Wednesday. Lets talk more.
Sharing some pictures. :smile:
19598553_10155457606584557_5545761126643300167_n.jpg19598765_10155457606659557_5402619553103910091_n.jpg19598840_10155457606719557_5407780750573273686_n.jpg

Last edited:

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal

Illegal parking, inconsiderate parking, double parking, triple parking, anyhow parking, etc. is pretty much a way of life you have to get used to everywhere all over in MY.
However, you need to be very patient and don't anyhow sound your horn when blocked by any of the above mentioned parking or you'll be scolded, walloped, whacked till blue black all over, being thrown at with chairs or with anything readily available, car vandalized or smashed, etc...........by a very big group of people!
Remember this, you are forewarned!!

http://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2017/05/05/group-attacks-motorist-outside-johor-mosque/

Sinkie drivers are jmpatient and rushing to die. Everytime i hear a horn what a shock its a sinkie. There are not much traffic lights in many areas. People have learnt to give way.

ikani

Alfrescian
Loyal
A New Beginning ...

Hi Ikani, in PJ this week, back in JB on Wednesday. Let's talk more. Sharing some pictures. :smile:
Great thanks for sharing …

PJ and KL now are so established that I fear going there. Everything they have are so advanced that they easily rival all the best cities in the world.

But, their prices remained quite affordable due to the competition. In contrast, JB remained the most expensive place for bolehland. Such irony!

The opportunities to make money still lie in KL. JB is just a very sleepy place.

Right now, KL/PJ/Subang/Klang are all dying. If you are keen, it is quite interesting to pick up some bargains.

One can get a very good upper floor freehold office space of about 800 sf for only rm80k. That’s really a steal in all definitions. Rental income can easily hit rm800-1k per month. So why not?

A New Beginning?

All triads are formed due a reason. Sometimes, noble and sometimes, ignoble. They are formed due to a need, a need to huddle together to understand the world we are living in. For many, this is the only means to give warm to the otherwise cold, lonely nights in a foreign country.

I have been to white land and returned tail between my legs. Why? Because I realised the older chinks all wanted to sponge me off, the whites are rather unkind and protective over their food pile. So the older chinks all turned inward and feed on the newbies like me. I have no choice but to quit asap.

Now in bolehland (trying again), I do hope for a new beginning. A new beginning, where I can grow old in, as well as give my next generation a chance to enjoy and not be virtual slaves to that fucking place. oops ... I apologize for the endless vulgarities.

I am always envious of one samster couple where they professed walking and growing old together in bolehland. My deepest respect for them. They even offer to give us a museum to start with. Shit! I haven’t even buy my own house to stay in bolehland. They are talking about giving free properties. Sigh! Same people, different strokes of life … Hehehe … enough melancholy …

Lalalalah la lar … we are going to form a triad.

The time has come for all of us to meet and act as a group. I hope to invite Wuqi/AsusGuy to grace and inaugurate this meeting.

A kind samster has suggested and wanted to organise a KTV session around KSL City on a suitable day for all, as the first meeting.

To get the ball rolling, she wanted to pay for it all. I said we guys are all lion kings and a rubber tapper, we must share the load. How can we make woman folks pay for this? No big, no small. Better don’t play play our male ego, okie …

For that, all spies and moles from sinkieland are also invited. When you guys are there, please put on a mask so that we won’t be able to identify you.

For those who are still uncomfortable, please ensure that you don’t give away your online persona. Otherwise, kana google until you die. So be warned!

This meeting will be the first of the many meetings to come. To share and empower all those brave warriors on the same path. Even if one chooses to go at it alone, we still welcome your grace to the meeting. It will give it so much more charm.

As usual, I will be the water boy cum waiter cum bellhop for the evening. No worries, I shall claim my day’s wage from her when the event is over.

For those who can’t leave their important General Ladyship or Lordship behind, please invite them too for the occasion.

As for baby sitting, yours truly is the one-leg-kick. So no worries ...

Lastly, please PM me if you are keen.

in metta …

ikani

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: A New Beginning ...

… we are going to form a triad ... to organise a KTV session around KSL City ...
LOL ... Great thanks for the solid responses. We already have a grand total of 10 persons wanting to join. I really hope more can join. My PA will handle the rest. LOL ... Just kidding!!! The key organizer is a very nice lady and she will contact you guys shortly for the ktv session. She is actually my boss, I am only the water-boy or postman.

As a pre·am·ble, before the grand meeting, she might want to start it off with a short durian trip. Those die-hard durian fans are welcome to join as she needs experts in durian talk. Her gal friend needs your steady guidance. Just let Miss BIG ORGANIZER knows.

I still hope Mr BIG LORD can find a bit of time to grace the meeting.

I, on behalf of the Miss BIG ORGANIZER, look forward to meet everyone here and have a great evening ...

in metta ...

Daydreamerz

Hi Ikani,

You have an interesting thread and I like how you put your thought in words.

I am from Johor, started school in Singapore since primary 1. I am 38 this year, married to a Singaporean.

Like your generation story, my grandfather was a rubber tapper. My father was first gen Malaysian.

We lived in JB for almost 18 years before shifting to Singapore.

It is interesting to see how we are quite the opposite.

I am happy that most of you are making Malaysia your new home.

rotikok

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you have chosen technology as your weapon-of-choice, my heartiest congratulation to you! Different people choose different weapon-of-choice as their assault instrument. There is no right or wrong until the last leaf falls.

Our islanders in general are lazy people. They stopped thinking when the going was good and had depended on the king rat to dish out his nuggets of wisdom and followed them. When the going was bad, they too try to listen hard on the king rat’s advice. After all, what can go wrong since they have listened before and prospered? I don’t blame these followers as they came from an even more horrendous situation. With little to zero education, it was a blessing they could even read the newspapers. But, unknowing to the populace, the king rat has a change of heart or was it, never change of heart in the game of ruthless mind-control.

Food can be gotten on the table only through technology OR conquest. Since conquest is a tabooed word, I shall restrict myself to discussing technology. Technology, unfortunately, is a double-edged sword. It cuts both ways. If one wants to be good in technology and ground-breaking, then one must have freedom to think and explore. But, freedom breeds adventurism. The islanders would question the very pillars of power above them and asking why are they not being rewarded. Herein, lies the irony. If one wants control, there would be no freedom. If one wants technology in exchange for food, there would be a loss of power. The old king rat chose control over freedom. Therefore, as time goes by, life becomes harder and harder. Technology lags no man.

If technology makes me drink shit water and tell me that it is good for my body, I would rather trust my rain gods and drink water that is filtered through thousands of miles from the mountains by mother nature. I don’t like technology.

Same, same for the old king rat. He feared most his adversaries. He then controlled the press and freedom of his people from as early as 1960s, the start of his leadership and disallows any technology to take root. His company can’t even sell a rifle, SAR 21, to anyone. When in use, it blooded every soldier’s back. The buyers are not stupid. Old king rat couldn’t have done any better. Therefore, it is indeed your personal choice to stay within or without. But, since you are not yet a true islander, your choice may have a slightly different slant, which is not usually confronted by the islanders.

The story of how Qin came from a humble beginning or internal chaos to strong governance to emerge as a uniting force for China is truly refreshing. It spanned 25 generations of Qin’s hard work. But, one small mistake of taking victory enjoyment march (秦始皇帝 and his son) too soon, the Qin was annihilated within the reign of just 2 emperors.

I am a believer of history. I believe, by learning history, I get to reduce the mistakes I can make. History has taught me to be patient and not try to be too playful with my humble resource.

I remained a rubber tapper … fearful of both natural and artificial elements … choice of weaponry is indeed and shall remained a very personal choice …

in metta …
Ok, then i regard that technology is what differ human being and rats. Technology, as you said, is double edge sword, but you should put your blame on old king rat and not technology. I do not quite see a direct linkage btw technoolgy vs mind control or tech vs freedom.

Likewise, i want to argue the opposite: More technology we have, the less mind control we will be facing. And the more technology we have, the more freedom we have. With technology, we can make use our humble resources more efficiently.

No need to give example, just common sense.