• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Celia Lim: National Kelong-versation is an unimpressive con job!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=2]PM’s national CON-versation in Mandarin – with his selected audience[/h]
PostDateIcon.png
September 23rd, 2012 |
PostAuthorIcon.png
Author: Contributions

panel-300x225.jpg
From left, Acting Minister Chan Chun Sing, moderator Chun Guek Lay, Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong, Minister of State Josephine Teo and Senior Parliamentary Secretary Sim Ann during the forum. (Photo PMO)

Note the PM’s words on the need of population size :
“It’s very hard to give a concrete figure, because the situation is evolving.”
[He did not say the population would not hit 8 million or 10 million; so in future do not accuse him for lying!]
“… if we rebuild our older towns, then we can accommodate more people.”
[In other words, if future population does hit 8 million or 10 million, there is this ‘solution’ of rebuilding older towns – just like taking $1.1 billion out of state coffers to buy 550 buses.
Not to worry, if the government has to acquire your old HDB flats for the rebuilding programme, you will be paid prevailing market values plus a sum to compensate for the need to renovate your new flats. Of course, prices of your new flats will depend on your choice of location and other factors - the government will kindly advise you.]
“In the future, 6 million or so should not be a problem.”
[In other words, as so many netizens and myself had predicted, the PAP Government will say anything you like to hear, so long as you continue to let the government bring in more foreigners – even it means telling you that it will reduce Singapore’s population to 3 million, the government will say it to you, provided that you let it does the opposite!]
Channel News Asia :
“30 Singaporeans took part in the forum. Among them are educators, young parents, seniors and new citizens. “
“Participants were polled on whether they think Singaporeans are accepting of foreigners. 77 per cent said ‘yes’. “
“Another poll asked if Singapore should continue welcoming immigrants to boost the country’s low birth rate. 67 per cent agreed.”
[Quite frankly, given the number of grassroots and party members involved, I am surprised that the poll results reported were only 77% and 67% respectively, instead of 95% to 100%.]
Some participants said: “newcomers do not just bring new skills and business networks, they also enrich Singapore’s culture and language.”
[Apart from being cheap and taking longer time to perform, I do not know what new skills these foreign trashes can bring. Did the participants mean Singapore’s economy was as closed as North Korea’s during all these past decades?
Perhaps, they were implying that our Ministry of Education had been sleeping all these years! New business networks? No wonder so many of our companies have to write off irrecoverable debts and Singaporeans no longer feel safe living in their own country!
Enriching our culture and language? Threat, is a more suitable word! These days, before crossing a road, apart from waiting for the ‘Green Man’ to appear, Singaporeans have to ensure there is no Ferrari car around! Oh, yes, Singaporeans are generally critical of people who “… merely mocked the poor, but not the prostitutes”!]
Chew Chong Kheng, producer-presenter from MediaCorp YES 93.3FM: “In the lift, when I hear my neighbours and their children speak perfect Mandarin, it makes my day!”
[Say this again when you are replaced by a perfect Mandarin speaker from PRC! By the way, what did you mean by ‘perfect mandarin’? Let it be clear : accent is not perfect language! You mean to say your non-PRC colleagues like Tung Soo Hua, Chun Guek Lay and Singaporean Ng Siew Leng (resigned) are not speaking perfect enough Mandarin – and hence failed to make your day? You sounded like an idiot!]
Conclusion: An unimpressive con job!
Celia Lim
Related: PM Lee: 6 million population should not be a problem