• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

carbon dating is faillible? then why they use it to test suspected Noah's ark age?

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
after all the denial and heaps of effort to discredit carbon dating by creationists, All the sudden, carbon dating is valid again and used by these xtians to date the woods that supposed to be noah's ark?

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/04/27/noahs-ark-found-turkey-ararat/

Archaeology - SCITECH
Has Noah's Ark Been Found on Turkish Mountaintop?

Published April 27, 2010

A group of Chinese and Turkish evangelical explorers say wooden remains they have discovered on Mount Ararat in eastern Turkey are the remains of Noah's Ark.

The group claims that carbon dating proves the relics are 4,800 years old, meaning they date to around the same time the ark was said to be afloat. Mt. Ararat has long been suspected as the final resting place of the craft by evangelicals and literalists hoping to validate biblical stories.
Related Slideshow

Has Noah's Ark Been Discovered?

A team of Chinese and Turkish evangelical explorers believe that they have found the remains of the Biblical artifact, Noah's Ark on Mount Ararat.

Related Stories
Arson Was Common Mayan Ritual, Say Archaeologists
Hoard of 2,000-Year-Old Bronze Coins Found in Desert Oasis

Yeung Wing-Cheung, from the Noah's Ark Ministries International research team that made the discovery, said: "It's not 100 percent that it is Noah's Ark, but we think it is 99.9 percent that this is it."

There have been several reported discoveries of the remains of Noah's Ark over the years, most notably a find by archaeologist Ron Wyatt in 1987. At the time, the Turkish government officially declared a national park around his find, a boat-shaped object stretched across the mountains of Ararat.

Nevertheless, the evangelical ministry remains convinced that the current find is in fact more likely to be the actual artifact, calling upon Dutch Ark researcher Gerrit Aalten to verify its legitimacy.

“The significance of this find is that for the first time in history the discovery of Noah’s Ark is well documented and revealed to the worldwide community,” Aalten said at a press conference announcing the find. Citing the many details that match historical accounts of the Ark, he believes it to be a legitimate archaeological discovery.

“There’s a tremendous amount of solid evidence that the structure found on Mount Ararat in Eastern Turkey is the legendary Ark of Noah,” said Aalten.

Representatives of Noah's Ark Ministries said the structure contained several compartments, some with wooden beams, that they believe were used to house animals.The group of evangelical archaeologists ruled out an established human settlement on the grounds none have ever been found above 11,000 feet in the vicinity, Yeung said.

During the press conference, team member Panda Lee described visiting the site. “In October 2008, I climbed the mountain with the Turkish team. At an elevation of more than 4,000 meters, I saw a structure built with plank-like timber. Each plank was about 8 inches wide. I could see tenons, proof of ancient construction predating the use of metal nails."

We walked about 100 meters to another site. I could see broken wood fragments embedded in a glacier, and some 20 meters long. I surveyed the landscape and found that the wooden structure was permanently covered by ice and volcanic rocks."

Local Turkish officials will ask the central government in Ankara to apply for UNESCO World Heritage status so the site can be protected while a major archaeological dig is conducted.

The biblical story says that God decided to flood the Earth after seeing how corrupt it was. He then told Noah to build an ark and fill it with two of every animal species.

After the flood waters receded, the Bible says, the ark came to rest on a mountain. Many believe that Mount Ararat, the highest point in the region, is where the ark and her inhabitants ran aground.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/04/27/noahs-ark-found-turkey-ararat/#ixzz1ket4zPFx

Last edited:

Psalm23

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: carbon dating is faillible? then why they use it to test suspected Noah's ark age

after all the denial and heaps of effort to discredit carbon dating by creationists, All the sudden, carbon dating is valid again and used by these xtians to date the woods that supposed to be noah's ark?

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/04/27/noahs-ark-found-turkey-ararat/

Archaeology - SCITECH
Has Noah's Ark Been Found on Turkish Mountaintop?

Published April 27, 2010

A group of Chinese and Turkish evangelical explorers say wooden remains they have discovered on Mount Ararat in eastern Turkey are the remains of Noah's Ark.

The group claims that carbon dating proves the relics are 4,800 years old, meaning they date to around the same time the ark was said to be afloat. Mt. Ararat has long been suspected as the final resting place of the craft by evangelicals and literalists hoping to validate biblical stories.
Related Slideshow

Has Noah's Ark Been Discovered?

A team of Chinese and Turkish evangelical explorers believe that they have found the remains of the Biblical artifact, Noah's Ark on Mount Ararat.

Related Stories
Arson Was Common Mayan Ritual, Say Archaeologists
Hoard of 2,000-Year-Old Bronze Coins Found in Desert Oasis

Yeung Wing-Cheung, from the Noah's Ark Ministries International research team that made the discovery, said: "It's not 100 percent that it is Noah's Ark, but we think it is 99.9 percent that this is it."

There have been several reported discoveries of the remains of Noah's Ark over the years, most notably a find by archaeologist Ron Wyatt in 1987. At the time, the Turkish government officially declared a national park around his find, a boat-shaped object stretched across the mountains of Ararat.

Nevertheless, the evangelical ministry remains convinced that the current find is in fact more likely to be the actual artifact, calling upon Dutch Ark researcher Gerrit Aalten to verify its legitimacy.

“The significance of this find is that for the first time in history the discovery of Noah’s Ark is well documented and revealed to the worldwide community,” Aalten said at a press conference announcing the find. Citing the many details that match historical accounts of the Ark, he believes it to be a legitimate archaeological discovery.

“There’s a tremendous amount of solid evidence that the structure found on Mount Ararat in Eastern Turkey is the legendary Ark of Noah,” said Aalten.

Representatives of Noah's Ark Ministries said the structure contained several compartments, some with wooden beams, that they believe were used to house animals.The group of evangelical archaeologists ruled out an established human settlement on the grounds none have ever been found above 11,000 feet in the vicinity, Yeung said.

During the press conference, team member Panda Lee described visiting the site. “In October 2008, I climbed the mountain with the Turkish team. At an elevation of more than 4,000 meters, I saw a structure built with plank-like timber. Each plank was about 8 inches wide. I could see tenons, proof of ancient construction predating the use of metal nails."

We walked about 100 meters to another site. I could see broken wood fragments embedded in a glacier, and some 20 meters long. I surveyed the landscape and found that the wooden structure was permanently covered by ice and volcanic rocks."

Local Turkish officials will ask the central government in Ankara to apply for UNESCO World Heritage status so the site can be protected while a major archaeological dig is conducted.

The biblical story says that God decided to flood the Earth after seeing how corrupt it was. He then told Noah to build an ark and fill it with two of every animal species.

After the flood waters receded, the Bible says, the ark came to rest on a mountain. Many believe that Mount Ararat, the highest point in the region, is where the ark and her inhabitants ran aground.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/04/27/noahs-ark-found-turkey-ararat/#ixzz1ket4zPFx

They don't need to. It's already in the Bible and if you trace the chronology of events before and after the event of Noah's ark, you can come out with the date of 4,000 to 5,000 years ago.

The world is wasting alot of resources to dig here, dig there to prove the existence of God as if God is hiding underground. Want to find God and to see His existence - look upward to the sky and not under the ground. The countless stars and planets are testimonies of God's handiwork. Digging underground to find God...its a waste of resource!

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: carbon dating is faillible? then why they use it to test suspected Noah's ark age

They don't need to. It's already in the Bible and if you trace the chronology of events before and after the event of Noah's ark, you can come out with the date of 4,000 to 5,000 years ago.

The world is wasting alot of resources to dig here, dig there to prove the existence of God as if God is hiding underground. Want to find God and to see His existence - look upward to the sky and not under the ground. The countless stars and planets are testimonies of God's handiwork. Digging underground to find God...its a waste of resource!

come on..
why do you believe the bible is true? "coz it is the word of god"
why do you think the bible is the word of god? "coz it is infallible"
why do you think the bible is infalible? " coz it is the word of god"

it is a merry go round, the bible certifies itself as authentic. why need so many authors to write? why in so many bits and piece? is god really that incompetent to get the act together to talk directly to everyone instead? and need 4 councils to decide which books to add in or take out?

people stuck too many thumbs into this pie until it stink to high heavens.

judging from your comments, you belong to the dark ages, no need to explore, to study, to question, blind faith and ignorance rule your reality. we dont need another religious fanatic in this world.

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.
Voltaire
French author, humanist, rationalist, & satirist (1694 - 1778)

Last edited:

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

1) since Noah didn't travel to South America, Australia, etc etc..............how he save those animals there ?

2) how Noah put different animals back to their natural habitats all over the world ?

THE ARK..................would have to be as big as an entire country to house all the animals, food, water, etc etc............

please tell me....................HUMANS ARE NOT SO DUMB AS TO BELIEVE IN THIS TALL TALE ?????

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal

christains are hypocrites to the core in twisting and turning their belief on carbon dating(a scientific instrument) scientific to fix their delusional beliefs... but scientific findings destroyed the myths of the hebrew linked religions, christianity and islam:wink:

PUNISHER

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

" Want to find God and to see His existence - look upward to the sky and not under the ground. The countless stars and planets are testimonies of God's handiwork. Digging underground to find God...its a waste of resource "

Whahhahahaha idiot !!! Are you sure it work that way ? Are you sure you going to reply us with that ? Lol !!! Thankyou for making us laugh at your stupid reply !!! How you know it's the work of god and not alien or Cookie Monster ? Lol !!!!

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal

Let's call your bluff. Can you provide clear, undeniable, undisputable, explicit evidence that creationists deny and discredit carbon dating?

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal

christains are hypocrites to the core in twisting and turning their belief on carbon dating(a scientific instrument) scientific to fix their delusional beliefs... but scientific findings destroyed the myths of the hebrew linked religions, christianity and islam:wink:

Which scientific findings are you referring to?

Which part of Christianity is myths?

Don't think I'll ever hear any good answers to my questions from you, just more of the same ridicule and mockery and taunts that only betrays your utter ignorance on this subject.

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal

Which scientific findings are you referring to?

Which part of Christianity is myths?

Don't think I'll ever hear any good answers to my questions from you, just more of the same ridicule and mockery and taunts that only betrays your utter ignorance on this subject.

I have posted in another thread, http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread....s-Creationism-(aka-Intelligent-Design)/page17. Don't expect answers to come to you face:wink:

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal

Since you are a cute delusional christian and I don't think you are really that hypocritical, evil or nasty to condemn pagans to hell, I will spoon feed you this time and duplicate the answers here:wink:

On going scientific discoveries proved otherwise from the bible scriptures that..the earth is not flat, more than 6000 years old, there was never a global flood and human history is much longer. The sun don't move around the earth as the bible says in genesis. Thunder and lightning is no the wrath of God. Diseases are not the work of evil spirits. I will let the undeniable facts from this short video do the talking....

I and punisher know who you are:wink:

[video=youtube;Sw3CRwyDcdo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sw3CRwyDcdo[/video].

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal

Since you are a cute delusional christian and I don't think you are really that hypocritical, evil or nasty to condemn pagans to hell, I will spoon feed you this time and duplicate the answers here:wink:

On going scientific discoveries proved otherwise from the bible scriptures that..the earth is not flat, more than 6000 years old, there was never a global flood and human history is much longer. The sun don't move around the earth as the bible says in genesis. Thunder and lightning is no the wrath of God. Diseases are not the work of evil spirits. I will let the undeniable facts from this short video do the talking....

I and punisher know who you are:wink:

I have no argument with facts at all. Facts are facts. What I take issue with is how you look at the facts and conclude about them. I agree that it is not right to teach things that we know are not true. But since I know creation is true, then it is right for me to teach it.

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal

I have no argument with facts at all. Facts are facts. What I take issue with is how you look at the facts and conclude about them. I agree that it is not right to teach things that we know are not true. But since I know creation is true, then it is right for me to teach it.

Finally, you admitted the inaccuracies of the bible. The is the creation of the men's fantasies and illusions. Great, you have been set free!

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal

Finally, you admitted the inaccuracies of the bible. The is the creation of the men's fantasies and illusions. Great, you have been set free!

Astounding how you can infer that I admitted there are inaccuracies in the Bible. Obviously you have a comprehension problem.

PUNISHER

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

astounding how you can infer that i admitted there are inaccuracies in the bible. Obviously you have a comprehension problem.

:d:d
image.jpg