• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Can this technology help this navy ns guy?

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
[video=youtube;CDsNZJTWw0w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDsNZJTWw0w#t=21[/video]

20140108_jason_ST.jpg

SINGAPORE - He might no longer be on a ship, but naval accident survivor Jason Chee is still on a voyage.
Now armed with a table-tennis bat, his coordinates have been set for next week's ASEAN Para Games in Myanmar.
It has been a year since the Dec 10, 2012, accident on board the RSS Endeavour claimed both his legs and his left arm, but it clearly did not rob the 30-year-old of his zest for life.

Said the Republic of Singapore Navy serviceman: "The most important thing is that I want to go on with my life. Any negative thoughts will become a psychological problem.
"Sport is a form of rehabilitation. It can remove your negative thoughts, to become positive." Chee, who will be part of Singapore's 52-strong athlete contingent at the Jan 14 to 20 Games in Naypyidaw, is already dreaming of representing the nation at the Paralympics.
Only a year ago, he was caught between a motorised winch and a berthing rope and almost lost his life.
Lying unconscious for two weeks, he awoke on Christmas Eve.
Four months later, with his spirit unbroken, this son of a retired vegetable seller donned his uniform and posted a picture of himself saluting on Facebook.
Now, with only two functioning fingers - his index and middle ones - Chee has renewed his love for a sport he once played competitively in Westlake Primary School.
Three times a week for the past six months, he has trained with three-time SEA Games champion Chia Chong Boon, 62, and has never missed a session.
Table tennis is many things to him. It is a distraction, it alleviates boredom, and it gives him purpose.
Said his father Chee Kwok Chor, 72: "He is happy. He has nothing to do at home, and it can get boring. He never postpones his training."
The strength that feeds the younger Chee's enthusiasm for both sport and life, is drawn from his late mother Chua Ah Lek.
- See more at: http://yourhealth.asiaone.com/content/navy-man-charts-course-success#sthash.AGzqh5oP.dpuf

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
He is lucky MINDEF did not cannibalise his organs and sell it to the highest bidder.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Chee, a former weapons systems supervisor, is today his own captain on an expedition to recovery. Other passengers are welcome on board.

No thank you, I'd rather keep my limbs.