• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Business Times : Singapire Bank's loan to deposit ratio hits 100%

TopSage

Alfrescian
Loyal
yet another. indicator that the PAP runs a high debt highly leveraged economy....
when everything is rising fine and dandy but as Buffett puts
if you know who is swimming naked when the tide recedes.

100% is a high threshold...banks.lend everything that savers deposit...how do.they do that? by drinking from the punch bowl of short term borrowing ....when the cheap money party ends the hangover will be severe

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Good luck if there's a bank run like in Cyprus. :cool:

The thing about financial hubs is: money can flow in easily, but it also can flow out in a jiffy.

Kenneth

Alfrescian
Loyal
Moody's%20chart%20to%20go.gif

The New Zealand banking system has a significantly higher loan-to-deposit ratio than any other country in the Asia-Pacific, credit rating agency Moody's Investors Service says.

A chart in Moody's Asia Pacific Banking Outlook 2013 report shows the loan-to-deposit ratio for New Zealand above 140%, well ahead of second placed Australia's, which is just above 120%. Of the 14 countries surveyed Hong Kong comes lowest at about 70%

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When everyone was worried about the banks collapsing heard from some Indonesians who had parked their funds in Spore that they tried to withdraw their term deposit & they were told NO. It surprised them because they believed in the Spore brand.

I doubt that they are now so naive :smile:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I said many times, sinkees only 'feel rich every monthend when look at cpf statement.

Say no to citizen protection fee or cheat oeasant Funds.

The reason I still breathing is becos I believe in money in your pocket is money. Money not in your pocket belongs to famiLEE

Last edited:

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
yet another. indicator that the PAP runs a high debt highly leveraged economy....
when everything is rising fine and dandy but as Buffett puts
if you know who is swimming naked when the tide recedes.

100% is a high threshold...banks.lend everything that savers deposit...how do.they do that? by drinking from the punch bowl of short term borrowing ....when the cheap money party ends the hangover will be severe

If not wrong, there is still gearing to consider. Most bank lends more than $1 for every dollar they have less the required liquidity. Before the financial crisis, all the largest banks in the world have gearing of between 30 to 60 times

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
If not wrong, there is still gearing to consider. Most bank lends more than $1 for every dollar they have less the required liquidity. Before the financial crisis, all the largest banks in the world have gearing of between 30 to 60 times
Don't think TS understand fractional banking system, and he is here selling snake oil with his regular market predictions. Readers better steer clear of this fraudster.

Kenneth

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't think TS understand fractional banking system, and he is here selling snake oil with his regular market predictions. Readers better steer clear of this fraudster.

He is trying to be smart, but this make him more like a fool. BTW TS is a malaysian.

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When everyone was worried about the banks collapsing heard from some Indonesians who had parked their funds in Spore that they tried to withdraw their term deposit & they were told NO. It surprised them because they believed in the Spore brand.

I doubt that they are now so naive :smile:
Talking about this side track a little...
I got a letter from the bank to say that they are confiscating the money in my bank account because there if years of inactivity. The letter even cited sinkie law saying inactivity for minimum of 5 years is ground for confistication.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Talking about this side track a little...
I got a letter from the bank to say that they are confiscating the money in my bank account because there if years of inactivity. The letter even cited sinkie law saying inactivity for minimum of 5 years is ground for confistication.

Didn't know that such a law exists:eek:
Which bank did this to you:confused:

Many indonesians put money in Spore banks thinking it is safer that putting money in Indonesia but they learn the hard way that Spore has it's problems. I also heard of money disappearing from people's accounts. Probably some crooks in the banks targetting inactive accounts so if the banks don't get you the crooks will:biggrin:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Didn't know that such a law exists:eek:
Which bank did this to you:confused:

Many indonesians put money in Spore banks thinking it is safer that putting money in Indonesia but they learn the hard way that Spore has it's problems. I also heard of money disappearing from people's accounts. Probably some crooks in the banks targetting inactive accounts so if the banks don't get you the crooks will:biggrin:

HSBC. That account been left for 14 years. It's a savings account.
I dun see anything wrong right?
The letter was sent to an old address which I did not bothered to update....now just got the mail forwarded and in process of reclaiming the monies.
Beware all those of you who live overseas or in similar situation as mine.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The letter was sent to an old address which I did not bothered to update....now just got the mail forwarded and in process of reclaiming the monies.
NW, I actually updated my uob address to LOS address and UOB sent all the monthly statements to me without fail at no extra cost. Understand can also do it for NRIC but need to be physically do it at Lavender immigration with supporting documents.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Just another example of the rules & regulations being used to penalise consumers. This is why I don't support Spore institutions & if possible avoid the Spore brand.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I said many times, sinkees only 'feel rich every monthend when look at cpf statement.

Say no to citizen protection fee or cheat oeasant Funds.

The reason I still breathing is becos I believe in money in your pocket is money. Money not in your pocket belongs to famiLEE

Very wise and very well said.