• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious book to read: Singapore from miracle to complacency

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
An interesting book on Singapore written by a British who had lived in Singapore working for the Economist Intelligence Unit. The format of the book is based on his observations as he walked on foot from Tuas in the north to the south. He admires Singapore’s achievements but think that we are suffering from complacency. His previous book was on the Italian city of Genoa. Genoa was a great city state for several centuries before it began a period of decline. He wondered whether Singapore’s success will endure or will suffer the fate of Genoa.

https://www.scmp.com/culture/books/...t-singapores-past-and-present-ducks-some-hard

Last edited:

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i hope s'pore will keep on shining but the odds are faltering. the younger generation are not as tough as the pioneers. i still have flat in SG, i hope to rent it out and intend to keep it for life as a symbol of my s'pore root. foolish, some may think but i am bent on this idea.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
They compare singapore with genoa? Genoa lies on the italian riviera. Quaint villages built over stone hills. Lovely sunny weather. Cool. Nice for cycling. Fantastic seafood.nice port and airport built over the sea. One bridge collapsed but they will build a even better one. Short drive to cannes, milan and switzerland.borderless thanks to EU.