• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Blogger Questions Chia Ti Lik's Legal Analysis!

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
LaMei,

With due respect, the problem I seem to have with such articles (assuming Chia Ti Lik's legal analysis is indeed incorrect) is that the impact and bite is perhaps watered down or even lost altogether due to a mistaken position.Fire the 'gun' by all means but don't get overzealous and try and make sure you use the right 'bullets' and take proper aim as well at the sametime.

Like I said to your friend Ng E-Jay in another thread, "credibility" is key in trying to influence the public. Btw I agree that the IO should have adequately informed you of any purported "offence" that you may have allegedly committed since it was the Police that called you in for an interview.

As for Acts and Subsidiary Legislation, I believe both together form what is known as Statutory Law, quite basic bread and butter stuff for any legal practitioner. Oh and my definition of "legal eagle" does not fall into the elitist category, so I am sure your friends would be considered "legal eagles" by me, and heck I believe there was a senior high court judge with 3rd so too a senior assistant registrar in the high court:smile:

We all live and learn:wink:

Cheers