• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Beautiful/Romantic Places To Go

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's a Monday. Some humor.

iypul3.jpg
120px-PlusCM128.svg.png
30bpvds.jpg
=
Leaning-Church-of-San-Martino_-Burano-2.jpg

The leaning Bell tower of Burano, another island off Venice.

Last edited:

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Nice little town. The world is such a big place. I wonder if I get the chance to visit every place on Earth before I expire :o

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nice little town. The world is such a big place. I wonder if I get the chance to visit every place on Earth before I expire :o

You can start now.:smile:

Burano is easy access from Venice. There is public transport (vaporetto) crossing the lagoon frequently.

The map below show the routes of the vaporetto in the Venice lagoon. Burano is on the top right side together with Murano (worth visiting to see the glass work), Torcello (visit only if you have time), etc

venice_vaporetto_routes.gif

After travelling for a while, you actually find the world a smaller place because of how the world is linked up through history.

I have a Singapore friend who is quite interested in the Greek Isles cruise you posted. Hope you can post more about the trip.

I find Australians very lucky, they go on purchased leave or long-service leave to travel and see the world.

Eg One of them go to Nepal as volunteer to build a village school then go trekking through the Himalayas, crossing to Tianshan into China and then called from Korea to quit his job to teach English for 2 years.

For another co-worker's coming long-service leave, who knows, she may take a RTW (Round the World) air-ticket to Geneva to ride on trains to Jungfrau, then down to Zermatt into Lake Como, continue to Buenos Aires in winter/spring to learn tango, then to New York & New England in time to see the Autumn colours.

Some of these people go on long leave such that they advertise for house-sitters to stay and look after their house, walk the dog, etc. At work, contractors are employed to cover their duties.

The older generation have the best deal, because of the generous "pension", when they retire, they travel everywhere.

Last edited:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For a romantic getaway in the Greek Islands, go for this Aria Suites in Santorini.

Few steps and convenient.

OK, some people prefer to be up close to the caldera or away Fira.

Comes highly recommended, and the rooms I preferred are already booked on the days that I want!

7.jpg

1-bedroonm suite
6.jpg

2-bedroonm suite
3.jpg

20.jpg

13.jpg

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
home4_12.jpg

If you want an unforgetable holidays in the Aegean Sea (Love Sea in Chinese 爱情海)

You can consider the Greek Islands Club.

In the past, some of the choicest accommodations need to be book way in advanced. Then,

Looks like they have changed their name to GIC The Villa Collection
http://www.gicthevillacollection.com/

GIC The Villa Collection formerly known as Greek Islands Club (GIC), offers comfortable, secluded properties, most with private pool, to the Greek islands of Corfu, Paxos, Antipaxos, Lefkas, Meganissi, Ithaca, Kefalonia, Alonissos, Skopelos, Skiathos, Crete and Sivota.

Last edited:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
CYCLADIC ADVENTURE

Our island hopping tour will take you to three of the most popular islands in Greece: Mykonos, Santorini and Ios. Also enjoy two nights in Athens prior to your island hopping experience! Our tour includes accommodation, breakfasts, hotel transfers and fast ferries – all you have to do is get on the plane and go!

Be quick and book before 28 February to receive a 10% discount.

Louis Hellenic Cruise uses old & small cruise ships, but they put Santorini as their last port call before sailing back to Athens, and you can leave the cruise with your lugguge at Santorini, for a few nights stay on the island. You can take a ferry or flight back to Athens after your stay on the island.

The travel agent in Athens will help you with this arrangement.

download_LOUISOLYMPIA_02.jpg

Last edited:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For the price, I can say that this package is very worthwhile. Day time just get off the cruise to look see. Night time go back to cruise and sleep. Below picture is from my friend who went the above route.

Hi Raiders,

What do you think of this cruise and stay package ... This one include flights, all transfers (including fast ferry) and 2 nights in Santorini.
The other package you show me is quite hectic.

7 Nights Splash Aegean Legends (with Cruise)
From SGD 2,868

Jetabout Holidays
1 Magazine Road #07-01 / 02 Central Mall Office Tower Singapore 059567

Package Includes :
~ Return economy airfare to Athens on Emirates ("B" Class) (Departs on Wednesday)^^.
~ Choice of 5 nights accommodation with daily breakfast (3N in Athens, 2N in Santorini).
~ 3 Days / 2 Nights Full Board Aegean Legends Sea Cruise with breakfast, lunch, dinner, afternoon tea, coffee, cookies and midnight snacks (Departs on Friday).
~ Return airport-hotel-airport transfers by private aircon vehicle in Athens.
~ Return hotel-port-hotel transfers by private aircon vehicle in Athens.
~ Return port-hotel-port transfers in Santorini.
~ One-way speed boat transfer from Santorini to Athens.
~ Athens sightseeing by regular organized seat-in-coach tours with English Speaking Guide.
~ Entrance fees as per itinerary.
~ Port taxes for cruise.

Itinerary (subject to change without prior notice)

Day 1 (Wed): Singapore-Athens

Arrive at Singapore Changi International Airport Terminal 1 for your departure flight.

Day 2 (Thu): Athens (Meals On Board)

Upon arrival at Athens International Airport, meet representative and transfer to the hotel. Remainder of day at leisure. Athens is an amazing city to discover on your own with its numerous museums, parks and shopping areas of Kolonaki, Hermou, Voukourestiou Street, Monastiraki and Plaka.

Overnight in Athens Hotel.

Day 3 (Fri): Athens-Piraeus-Embarkation 4 Days Aegean Legends Sea Cruise (Breakfast / Lunch / DInner)

After breakfast at hotel, transfer to the Athens port of Piraeus and embark on your 3 Days Aegean Legends Sea Cruise.
(Refer to Additional Information for cruise schedule)

First stop, arrive at Mykonos. Visit at leisure on the jet set cycladic island of Mykonos renowned for its striking windmills. Wander the maze of narrow alleys and an array of shops for bargains.

Overnight on board.

Day 4 (Sat): Kusadasi (Turkey)-Patmos* (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)

Arrive at Kusadasi and visit at leisure or take an optional tour to visit the Greek and Roman site of Ephesus, the best preserved ancient city in Asia Minor and the House of Virgin Mary.

Next, on board and arrive at Patmos*, the Holy island where St. John wrote The Revelation, known as Jerusalem of the Aegean Sea. Visit at leisure or take an optional tour to visit the Monastery and Grotto of St. John.

*Note: Patmos will be included only from 15 March to 31 May (both dates included) and from 06 September to 01 November (both dates included). From 07 June to 30 August, a full day stay in ?usadasi is offered and therefore Patmos will not be called during that period.

Overnight on board.

Day 5 (Sun): Crete (Heraklion)-Santorini-Disembarkation (Breakfast / Lunch)

Arrive in Heraklion, the capital of Crete. At leisure or take an optional tour to visit the fantastic ruins of the Palace of Knossos. The elaborate palace is believed to be the mythical Labyrinth of King Minos (Minotaur legend) and the seat of the Minoan civilization.

Disembark from cruise on the amazing island of Santorini. Meet at Santorini port and transfer to the hotel.

Dinner and overnight in Santorini Hotel.

Day 6 (Mon): Santorini (Breakfast)

After breakfast at hotel, explore at leisure on this amazing island of Santorini (formed by the eruption of the volcano 1600 BC). The sight is the most breathtaking of all Greek islands and perhaps of the world. Explore and enjoy all that the island has to offer. History and nature combine to make Santorini unforgettable.

Dinner and overnight in Santorini Hotel.

Day 7 (Tue): Santorini-Athens (Breakfast)

After breakfast at hotel, pickup from the hotel and transfer to Santorini port and take the speed boat to Athens. Meet at the Athens port of Piraeus and transfer to the hotel.

Day 8 (Wed): Athens (Breakfast)

After breakfast at hotel, pickup from the hotel for your Half Day Morning Tour (0845-1330hrs). See Syntagma Square, the House of Parliament, the Memorial to the Unknown Soldier, the National Library and the Hadrian’s Arch. Thereafter, visit the Temple of Olympian Zeus and the Panathenaic Stadium where the first Olympic Games of the modern era were held in 1896.

On the Acropolis, visit the architectural masterpieces of the Golden Age of Athens: the Propylaea, the Temple of Athena Nike, the Erechtheion and finally "the harmony between material and spirit" -- the Parthenon. Continue and visit the place where at last the statues found their home and admire the wonders of the classical era -- the Museum of Acropolis (closed on Mondays).

At the end of the tour, drop off at the hotel or at the city centre. Remainder of the day at own leisure.

Day 9 (Thu): Athens (Breakfast)

After breakfast at hotel, transfer to the airport to board flight back to Singapore.

I think this is the cruise ship, looks quite 1980s but if the main aim is value for money floating hotel and easy embark/disembark, why not. I will even book a cheap inner cabin provided it is not noisy. (On some luxury cruises, some spoilt rich angmos go for expensive rooms with balcony, but complain that the sea is too noisy. I wish them well.)

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MCYpEzprdOk?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
The whole trip will set you back for at least 10k SGD, including simple shopping. If you do not want to go through travel agent, can always do a DIY. Tickets available at cruise website.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The whole trip will set you back for at least 10k SGD, including simple shopping. If you do not want to go through travel agent, can always do a DIY. Tickets available at cruise website.

It will be nice if I can get tours at wholesaler prices :biggrin:

I was told that the 10% early bird discounts for early booking is still on for Greece because of a slower market.

DIY is good because the hotels offered by Jetabout are not the best choice and I would rather book my own preferred hotels, sometimes, I get free upgrades.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Hey Raiders

If you book yourself and buy full-coverage travel insurance that early, it will cost less. I do not like to deal with travel agents Esp in Australia because they charge a booking fee on top of expensive tickets. It is no surprise that Flight Centre profits are at record high this year.

eg
A couple I know went on an Eastern Europe trip operated by a popular operator in that part of the world (cannot remember the name) *** UPDATE : Kompas : http://www.kompas.net/tours.php?offer=K601

http://www.beyondtravel.com.au/prodviewdetails.asp?id=278&hd=6

On the tour, the couple met an American couple who booked the same tour with Gate 1 (http://www.gate1travel.com/), but the tour name is different. They paid close to $500 per pax cheaper. Another Aussie couple booked with a discount tour agent in the UK which also work out cheaper.

Last edited: