• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bank’s vp displaced by msian boss who siam ns,now earning only $3500 in contract role

GoldenPeriod

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Bank’s vp displaced by msian boss who siam ns,now earning only $3500 in contract

Not bad what.....rent put your condo and live off the proceeds in thailand....perfect lifestyle.

All about expectations I guess. He probably could live on his own. Won't have enough to raise a family though.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Bank’s vp displaced by msian boss who siam ns,now earning only $3500 in contract

"Initially I was in denial to I took a month break to Tioman where the people were extremely friendly. But when I came back, I could not find a job in other banks as it seemed that most banks are infested with foreign managers who prefer their own kind and are not willing to give locals a chance. This was confirmed by my former classmates and associates.

In the end, I was jobless for more than a year but the retrenchment pay was good so it basically tide me over for that year. After that, I managed to secure a contract role doing some financial projections for M&A consultancy paying me the salary of a junior executive even though I have more than 12 years’ experience with half in a managerial position.

I must have been living in my comfort zone for too long such that I did not even realise that the dynamics of business has changed due to the government immigration policies: companies are now hiring people on contracts to avoid long-term commitment while foreigners are depressing wages and putting up a barrier to recruiting Singaporeans in well-paying jobs.

=> a.k.a 60.1%!"

Yeah many Singaporeans don't care as long as they got job and good life themselves. I remember in the 90s before election time asking some friends how can PAP tie upgrading to votes ie threatening us? But nobody seem to care then, they only cared whether their HDB got upgrading or not.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

Another casualty. It is getting worse and worse. As I pointed out, any little economic benefits from mass immigration accrues to immigrants not the natives.

Locals do NOT benefit from an open-door immigration policy.

Yeah ultimately no benefit to the locals in the long term. First batch of locals who bought cheap properties may earn handsome profit but when their children grow up, they will cough up the profit by having to subsidise their children to buy expensive property as the latter cannot afford by themselves. Or pay jointly for a new property to stay together to save costs. I heard from property agent that nowadays more married children are staying together with parents due to this reason.

As for the business owners who benefited from cheap labour due to liberal immigration policy, they have to pray that their business can sustain and grow enough to feed their future generations. If not their descendants will end up have to look for jobs and face competition from foreigners.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hahahahaha! Another Malaysian again! What did i tell you? These matlanders are always up to no good, and your PM is going to make it convenient for them to commute into singapore for work while your mrt and buses are crowded and cars are unaffordable. The lucky malaysians will drive in to work with their malaysian plate car from their 3 storey bungalow in JB. Fat chance you can enjoy such a wonderful arrangement in your lifetime sinkies!

Your only privilege is NS!

Yeah another Msian again. But some Singaporeans don't consider Malaysians as foreigners but same family leh. One minister even excluded Msians in the HDB ratio policy, say they can integrate with Singaporeans. Unfortunately it looks more like one-sided love haha, people think we are same family or not?

GoldenPeriod

Alfrescian
Loyal

It's an old topic and we have seen the outcome in other countries. Fools simply don't learn. And what do you call someone who votes fools into office?

The conclusion is getting clearer day by day. We now have Cross-Bench committees in the British Parliament as well as findings by OECD now saying immigrants bring little if any economic benefits.

Even if we accept that we need immigrants to provide for and stave off an ageing population, what happens when these immigrants themselves age? An ageing population is inevitable in all developed societies. Do we then import even more immigrants to provide for these current immigrants? Can we import immigrants ad infinitum?

The PAP doesn't think that far.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

And to think there are some blind forumners here who keep saying that mudlanders are better than ah tiong ah pinoy ah neh etc,,,to me a foreigner is a foreigners,,mudlanders are just as evil as the rest,,,

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hahahahaha! Another Malaysian again! What did i tell you? These matlanders are always up to no good, and your PM is going to make it convenient for them to commute into singapore for work while your mrt and buses are crowded and cars are unaffordable. The lucky malaysians will drive in to work with their malaysian plate car from their 3 storey bungalow in JB. Fat chance you can enjoy such a wonderful arrangement in your lifetime sinkies!

Your only privilege is NS!

get real. when bankers earn millions dollars salaries for shaking legs what benefits do you get? they give you commission is it? in fact alot of these assh@les deserved to get fired whetehr local or FT.
as much as I am a local these are farked up sinkie born losers. banks are only interested in money and profit. who cares who or what you are so long as you can bring in the dough. bankers are ALL cheats and used to parasiting on the common folks. this idiots is one of those fat cat bankers used to million dollar salaries but does very little work or is worthless just like that anton guy. delusion of granndeur. when times are good they snub you in their bmws and mercs. now got fired(i doubt he resigned voluntarily as bankers are amongst the greatest liars) they cow beh cow bu everywhere and beg for a job. LOL. when they get fired or retrenched I get very very happy to see such deadwood suffer. whether replaced by a FT or local is of no consequence as no benefit to me. all are blardy parasites and let market forces work. this banker is just useless and crap deadwood. only difference is the malaysian people do not post sarcastic articles in facebook like Pinoys shiit heads who all look retards.

Dragonhead

Alfrescian
Loyal

I know of this second-generation Chinese Malaysian PR who served NS and has no intention of getting Singapore citizenship. He wants to remain a Malaysian citizen.

Why are we cheapening national duty to such a sorry state? There's nothing patriotic at all when you let any Tom, Dick or Harry serve national service. It is in fact a national security breach! It makes a total joke (not total defense) out of our true-blue contributions.

We need a professional defense force that is manned by true-blue citizens.

Truly correct. All bolehs from Malaysia are PRs, leeches in sinkapoo, hold the jobs, live in JB, ride two wheelers to work and spend their money in boleh land. How do they really enhance or contribute to GDP in sinkapoo? MIW are truly idiots.

Dragonhead

Alfrescian
Loyal

.....findings by OECD now saying immigrants bring little if any economic benefits....what happens when these immigrants themselves age?...Do we then import even more immigrants to provide for these current immigrants? Can we import immigrants ad infinitum?...The PAP doesn't think that far.

Papz don't have to think that far. Good salary every month, no need to crack their heads. Just import more foreigners and let sinkies sink or swim. They sink and die, their business. They swim, MIW just claim credit.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Who did he vote for?

This seems like a better place to introduce this video that another thread about drunkenness which for some strange reason has English version of this ... ... ...

[video=youtube;EmmXB4RLc-M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmmXB4RLc-M[/video]

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

these arseholes bankers deserved to retrenched. they are no better than lawyers. scums of the earth. their real worth is less than $1.

Agree. 70% so called banker/lawyer/insurance agent/fund manager all are useless try to sell product just to get commission.
Will they agree zero commission is profit below 5%PA????
All they know is upfront pao jiak commission regardless what happen after that.

LEGEND

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Who did he vote for?

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Who did he vote for?

Is he Hokkien or Cantonese? Spot the Hongkie actor in this video ... ...

[video=youtube;UdUzDNVutX8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdUzDNVutX8[/video]

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

i think we all can agree singapore is a madhouse....i understand this place less and less by the day.....we are all in agony and pain and and misery and constantly fighting each other and unhappy like a dysfunctional family yet we cant seems to break the cycle,its like we are marching to a beat at the circus freakshow,GDP!!!GROWTH!!!!GDP!!!GROWTH!!!!IMPORT!!!IMPORT!!!IMPORT!!!!

we already have so much GDP and money,how is more GDP and money going to solve our problems?instead of looking at social problems and how we can grow as a nation spiritually and culturally and identity,we are just taught that having more productivity and being a nation of robots will solve everything?

i miss australia so much.......

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Is he Hokkien or Cantonese? Spot the Hongkie actor in this video ... ...

[video=youtube;UdUzDNVutX8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdUzDNVutX8[/video]

these fucking hongkies are crazy,why they keep singing that song?are they going to pick up arms and start a revolution against china?

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

these fucking hongkies are crazy,why they keep singing that song?are they going to pick up arms and start a revolution against china?

Just because I keep posting that song
Doesn't mean they only sing this one
Besides human beings are social animals
Even protesters need to be entertained
In Tiananmen Square it's not just shouting
They also sing, dance and hunger strike
It's the same from Taipei to Timbuktu
Keep morale this way's better than rioting

[video=youtube;AdQpQgYHc4w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdQpQgYHc4w[/video]

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Just because I keep posting that song
Doesn't mean they only sing this one
Besides human beings are social animals
Even protesters need to be entertained
In Tiananmen Square it's not just shouting
They also sing, dance and hunger strike
It's the same from Taipei to Timbuktu
Keep morale this way's better than rioting

[video=youtube;AdQpQgYHc4w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdQpQgYHc4w

lame.....this song better

[video=youtube;oQEjwKs_hpg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQEjwKs_hpg[/video]

AlphaLover

Alfrescian
Loyal

Writes like an O level essay. Sure can semi retire and teach English or not. Kena f by FT still want to haolian

Yeah and that worthless garbage can write a little better than a old unemployable garbage like you.