• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bad experience with authority in foreign country

FrenFish

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think they hate tiong urines more, from the bloody nose they gave the tiong urines during their border clash.

But als cant say, vn is an unknown quantity. crazy fuckers, dont pick fight with them :biggrin:

Dig m&d and shit skin are associated with rapists terrorist thieves retards

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro, you are an idiot for lying to a customs officer or not an idiot, depending on the cuntry you travel to. :biggrin:

my rule:

never be friendly to customs, just keep a straight face, dont show any vulnerabilities, we dont owe them a living. doesnt mean you show them ur CB face, just be normal, no need to angkat them.

iyou are lucky that he accept your kopi money and let you thru. if he want to play punk or he think the bribe is too little, can also tangkap you for bribe attempt.

so its hard to tell.

If you give these Immigration or Customs officers any money ONCE, then be prepared to grease their hands at every entry into that country.

Never ever be friendly with any Customs or Immigration officers. They will slowly but surely suck a lot of money from you.

Be firm in your dealings with them and look at them when talking.

Speak in English for these put people in Indonesia, Vietnam and India in a fix.

That is why ang-mors can get away because they speak English.

Having been served by these people just say THANK YOU and walk to the area to collect your baggage. Over n this area there will be CUSTOMS blokes awaiting to
check your "Crossed" (X) baggage. Let them check the contents to their heart content. f you have nothing illegal there s nothing to fear.

However, remember to stand close and see your bag being checked.

I may be wrong, but after many travels to ASEAN and other South Asian countries, I have realised that these blokes are truly scared of English speaking people, especially in this age of internet where complaints can be easily lodged.

Last, but not the least, these Immigration and Customs officers attached to airports will never want to lose their posting to another place as in Airports they do receive "gifts" or "olek-olek" from their own local people returning from trips abroad.

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
1. You will always need a return ticket. Doesnt matter that it doesnt make sense to you. To the officer, it does.
2. If you dont bribe, no further trouble. Just go home.
3. If i were in your shoes, I would have just bribed and got on with my life. Similar situation happened to my when I was traveling to Indonesia. Complained to MFA when I came back but what can they do. Nothing. I can understand your anger cos my blood is boiling now when i think back abt my incident. But there are bigger and more important things in life. Whats $50 in the grand scheme of things? I paid about $100 in Indonesia.

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
1. You will always need a return ticket. Doesnt matter that it doesnt make sense to you. To the officer, it does.
2. If you dont bribe, no further trouble. Just go home.
3. If i were in your shoes, I would have just bribed and got on with my life. Similar situation happened to my when I was traveling to Indonesia. Complained to MFA when I came back but what can they do. Nothing. I can understand your anger cos my blood is boiling now when i think back abt my incident. But there are bigger and more important things in life. Whats $50 in the grand scheme of things? I paid about $100 in Indonesia.

Our MFA can do absolutely nothing to help its citizens abroad in dire straits.

The way they issue statements clearly shows them to be misfits in todays world situation.

They tend to play on both sides. Statements like, "we are saddened, etc...." Uuuurrrrggghhhh.

They can't even "persuade, coerce or plead" with the Indonesians to stop the fires engulfing Sumatra which bring haze to Singapore.

Our little ones and other people with respiratory problems suffer and have to spend money on A&E treatment.

Why are we not taking this officials to task like "forcing" them to pay us our medical bills back. As a govt these people ought to be held responsible.

I am sure legal experts can give their valuable views as to how we go about "Hauling" these unfit govt officials to court to seek redress.

As a member (founding member to be exact) of ASEAN, they ought to take member nations to task.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
As some have pointed out, either have an open ticket of travel agent itenary.

The conduct of a country's immigration and customs is their own business and has nothing to do with MFA. We do the same and deport people all the time.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
My advise is ignore the advices of the clueless idiots who have never taken budget airlines before. You did the right thing, just pay the bribe and treat it as donations to a poor country. I presume you are street smart n will never utter a thing like "but... but... but... I am from Singapore"

However your thought of complaining to MFA really borders insanity...

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
You should not provide misleading answers if you do not know about the subject. He does not need to provide any bribes if he just followed convention.

Nearly all countries including those in SEA and Singapore would usually require a return or a forward ticket or a travel itinerary indicating forward movement. All Airlines are required to provide flight manifesto and most use TIMATIC, an application from IATA which the destination immigration have access to and know which clown has a one way ticket and then corrupt ones will fleece him.

My advise is ignore the advices of the clueless idiots who have never taken budget airlines before. You did the right thing, just pay the bribe and treat it as donations to a poor country. I presume you are street smart n will never utter a thing like "but... but... but... I am from Singapore"

However your thought of complaining to MFA really borders insanity...

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Unless you are related to someone important in sinkapore, don't expect MFA to assist you. MFA serves the PAP, not sinkees.

Agreed. A fact known to all and sundry and a recipe to disaster.

Those who dig the grave for someone else knows not that their loved ones may fall into it.

Just waiting for that show to start.....................

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
My advise is ignore the advices

Should be "My ADVICE.....".

"Advise" is a verb.

and "... ignore the ADVICE....".

"Advice" is a non countable noun; you do not add an "s" to make it plural.

"Advice" is like "Rice". You say... "Please pass me the rice." You don't say "Please pass me the rices" because "rice", like "advice", is a non countable noun.

There are many other examples. To test your knowledge of non countable nouns, go to English Language Quiz - Countable or Non-countable Nouns (I-TESL-J) and take the test.

andyfisher

Alfrescian
Loyal
all for $50. bro, its kopi money or tuition money, however you want to put it. Hope you solve whatever problem or thing in VN and return safely or wherever you may be.

This kind of CB thing is quite common, its upsetting but common in these sort of retarded cuntries.

One reason why I love EU, can drive from one cuntry to another and no CB custom.
Even US, aus and nz is ok, ask a lot of CB qns but they are polite and dont take money.

You go any retarded less developed asian or non western cuntry like russia or those dodgy eastern europe CB cuntries, odds are that you will have to pay some money sometime.

relax bro and safe travels everyone. :smile: