• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

AVOIDANT RESTRICTIVE FOOD INTAKE DISORDER (ARFID)

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset

WHAT IS AVOIDANT RESTRICTIVE FOOD INTAKE DISORDER (ARFID)?

ARFID is the second-most common eating disorder in children under 12 years old.
It is categorized as extreme picky eating.

The common signs are food refusal, anxiety, underweight or slow growth.

A child may have a short list of acceptable foods and skip one or more entire food groups.

This can lead to weight loss, nutrient deficiencies, growth disturbances, and social anxiety.

The onset of ARFID may be due to a form of food-related trauma including a negative experience with eating such as choking, gagging or vomiting.

An estimated 3 per cent of the general population suffers from ARFID

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Nonsense. Just picky eater nothing some caning can't cure. What disorder just greedy doctors trying to cash in and medicate our young ones. :mad:
Nobody ask you to see doctor. You can cane your children or grandchildren until they swallow :biggrin:

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
I hate the world today. We have "educated" people with too much time sitting around and conjuring up fancy "disorders" and giving them fancy names. And an eager audience to lap up all the nonsense. Thank goodness I am in my twilight years.

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
I hate the world today. We have "educated" people with too much time sitting around and conjuring up fancy "disorders" and giving them fancy names. And an eager audience to lap up all the nonsense. Thank goodness I am in my twilight years.
hehe :biggrin: