• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

ATB auntie mocks Dumbfark Sinkie Chabor over Pappie free scholarship to Foreign Talent instead of Pappie-voting Sinkies!

Wayne Piew

Alfrescian
Loyal
When I went to NUS, my friends who didn't get at least B3 in GP had to take an English bridging module, and have to keep retaking it until they have passed it in order to graduate.

A girl friend had 2As 2Bs but failed GP wasn't even allowed to apply for local uni.

So my question is this, why are we giving free scholarship plus living expenses allowance to students particularly from china, despite their brilliant results, when they can't speak a smattering of English? I welcome competition yes, but let's compete on fair ground.

I don't expect government to give us priority but here they are obviously shortchanging its own people. Other universities take in foreign students not only because of grades but may also be due to higher school fees. In SG, foreigners come study free and go home.

I was on a long flight home from USA one day, stop over in HK, a china auntie got on next to me. She couldn't fill up her immigration form. So I helped her. I asked her what's address at destination (SG) she said NTU. Her daughter was given a scholarship to study here. She asked me bluntly, "your country so small, not even the size of a China city, what if my daughter cannot find job? I wanted her go USA study, but Singapore offer free scholarship, plus easier for me to travel and visit her. I think after she graduate I will tell her go USA to work."

I almost tore up the immigration sheet.
I wish our government will grow a heart, two ears and two eyes.
What I said are all true stories, and I am not xenophobic, I welcome competition and foreigners, I just don't want to be given a wooden stick to fight when others are given swords and shields and I still kena called incompetent for not winning!

<Reader contribution by Mia Tan>
china city.jpg

Boliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
Problem is, without free scholarship and living allowance, foreigners will not come to Singapore.

cocobobo

Alfrescian
Loyal
When I went to NUS, my friends who didn't get at least B3 in GP had to take an English bridging module, and have to keep retaking it until they have passed it in order to graduate.

A girl friend had 2As 2Bs but failed GP wasn't even allowed to apply for local uni.

So my question is this, why are we giving free scholarship plus living expenses allowance to students particularly from china, despite their brilliant results, when they can't speak a smattering of English? I welcome competition yes, but let's compete on fair ground.

I don't expect government to give us priority but here they are obviously shortchanging its own people. Other universities take in foreign students not only because of grades but may also be due to higher school fees. In SG, foreigners come study free and go home.

I was on a long flight home from USA one day, stop over in HK, a china auntie got on next to me. She couldn't fill up her immigration form. So I helped her. I asked her what's address at destination (SG) she said NTU. Her daughter was given a scholarship to study here. She asked me bluntly, "your country so small, not even the size of a China city, what if my daughter cannot find job? I wanted her go USA study, but Singapore offer free scholarship, plus easier for me to travel and visit her. I think after she graduate I will tell her go USA to work."

What I said are all true stories, and I am not xenophobic, I welcome competition and foreigners, I just don't want to be given a wooden stick to fight when others are given swords and shields and I still kena called incompetent for not winning!

View attachment 57302
that is the problem wif sinkee... people take your lunch, take your job, step all over you... but what did she do? did not even tear up the form or speak her mind.... help her some more. only complain to other sinkees after its all done and dusted

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal

View attachment 57302
NUS has the cheek to ask donation from local alma mater...fucked them off

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So much unhappiness on the ground and yet 70% voted for this govt-sometimes fact is stranger than fiction or is it ?
History has shown that no govt stays in power forever, but I hope than when there is a change, it comes peacefully .
The longer the PAP tries unfairly to stay in power, the more difficult the transition and the more the suffering.
History will definitely judge these bunch of greedy and self serving people .

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN sinkie uni entry requirements for english is only meant for sinkies becas of the limited vacancies KNN my uncle friend's daughter from indo also came here study NUS but only can speak and write simple English KNN she say only need to sit for a simple english test KNN