• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

angmos surprised we got this

sochi2014

Alfrescian
Loyal
My Fraulein told my angmo friend that Singaporeans cannot buy properties overseas after they have bought HDB flats in Singapore.

And she said Huh? Got this kind of rules one har?

Singapore is the only place in the world with such strange laws. Like cannot rent out HDBs for AiRBNBs to make short staying in Singapore cheaper.

I wonder if Singaporean leaderships came from other planets.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore is unique. Her citizens have come to accept these laws as pragmatic and good for the nation. Other laws/policies like COE, three-quarter tank, and chewing gum ban are in place and people abide by them. Apart from these, life is pretty good in the island-state.

Cheers!

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This should be the correct info:

• Private property owners who buy an HDB flat must dispose of their private home within six months of bUying the flat.

• If you are an HDB flat owner, you must have lived in your flat for at least five years before you can buy a private property.

Laws for sinkies are to penalise sinkies. Tell me how hdb checks if prs or new citizens who have houses in their own countries can buy hdb and dispose their private properties.

Last edited:

blindswordsman

Alfrescian
Loyal
...Other laws/policies like COE, three-quarter tank, and chewing gum ban are in place and people abide by them. Apart from these, life is pretty good in the island-state.

Banning chewing gum in SG and prohibiting consumption of foods/drinks in MRT stations and trains are just symbolic, a wayang to show SG is well regulated but take the trains and see how youngsters chew their gums like no tomorrow or how the foreigners consume foods and drinks inside MRT trains without a hoot to those around them.

If the MRT management really mean to enforce the ban, where are the enforcers?

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
These actions to me were just a test to see how far they can push it without public reaction. The way it happened, I'd say it was pretty smooth, almost no public reaction to them. It allowed the gahmen to find out how far they could impose laws to their benefit without resistance, and this has led to later policies which we see in place today. The "protest" that took place this past saturday came too late, the policies are already in place. There have been other policies in the past that did not have any political/financial implications, but were nevertheless policies that were not made soundly and whilst they affected me when they were enacted, it was very clear the bulk of the public didn't give a shit, one of them was the full-face helmet ban during the late seventies. The public actually believed they were imposed for the purpose of preventing bank robberies as explained by the press. From that event onwards, it was clear to me that the policy makers did not have the safety of the public at heart. But that was long ago, and well forgotten by now. Chewing gum is another fine example.

Cheers!

Banning chewing gum in SG and prohibiting consumption of foods/drinks in MRT stations and trains are just symbolic, a wayang to show SG is well regulated but take the trains and see how youngsters chew their gums like no tomorrow or how the foreigners consume foods and drinks inside MRT trains without a hoot to those around them.

If the MRT management really mean to enforce the ban, where are the enforcers?

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nothing new. If our Millionster only think of those that other countries ministers can think, they will be over paid.

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
My Fraulein told my angmo friend that Singaporeans cannot buy properties overseas after they have bought HDB flats in Singapore.

And she said Huh? Got this kind of rules one har?

Singapore is the only place in the world with such strange laws. Like cannot rent out HDBs for AiRBNBs to make short staying in Singapore cheaper.

I wonder if Singaporean leaderships came from other planets.

You trying to divert the attention on CPF?