• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious "AMDK" Company WestCloset Luxurious in Trouble for Scams (No Naming Again)!

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal

Woman arrested over undelivered luxury bags after being paid​

Staff Writer
Staff Writer
·Editorial team
Tue, 20 September 2022 at 12:48 pm·2-min read

A woman who is said to be linked to luxury bags reseller WestCloset has been arrested for non-delivery of items after being paid. (SCREENSHOT: WestCloset website)

A woman who is said to be linked to luxury bags reseller WestCloset has been arrested for non-delivery of items after being paid. (SCREENSHOT: WestCloset website)
SINGAPORE — A 33-year-old woman has been arrested following police reports filed against her for allegedly failing to deliver second-hand luxury bags to customers after receiving money from them.
Police said they are investigating reports made against luxury bag reseller WestCloset without specifying other details, according to a report by the Straits Times.
Among the alleged victims who have filed police reports against WestCloset was a woman who did not receive a Hermes bag after paying $29,900 to the reseller.
The victim said she was promised that the bag would be delivered to her but WestCloset kept giving “non-committal responses” in response to her repeated messages.
A check on WestCloset's website shows that its business began in 2012. WestCloset appears to be linked to two separate Facebook pages, one of which shows a number of complaints about its business practices. The other Facebook page appears as a hyperlink in the website.
WestCloset’s physical store at Novena Regency is currently closed, according to the ST report. Employees of nearby shops told ST that WestCloset had rarely opened since it moved in there at the start of this year.
Last month, a Singaporean man and his Thai wife were arrested in Johor Bahru over their alleged role in a luxury goods scam. They were charged in Singapore with conspiracy to cheat and illegally leaving the country. Two Malaysian men have also been charged for allegedly helping the couple to escape.

GOOGLE REVIEWS

Haze Tan

3 reviews
3 months ago
Very bad experience with our Brand New 2022 consigned Hermes birkin bag. The company sold our bag but did not return us money. After 30days, simply gave us a used 2021 Hermes bag (2021 invoice with blacked out month!!!). They expect us to accept it but we took it and filed for a police report. Avoid at all cost even though it looks legit. No business ethics.

Madeline Lau
Madeline Lau

1 review
2 months ago
Don’t even want to give a star!
Poor ethic business. Consigned a 2022 Hermes bag to this shop. After the bag is sold. They did not give us the money back. In return gave us a used 2021 Hermes bag. Eventually we filed for a police report on them. Think twice before doing business with such company.

Carmen Lam
Carmen Lam

3 reviews
a month ago
I am beyond words with the attitude of this company. In fact, simply put they are out to scam. I could not believe dealing with them back in 2018 in OUE and it has turned out to be such a shameful company with such reviews which were sadly, I had to believe the reviews more than the consigners’ words. Consigned a bag with them in late June, asked for PDF copy of receipt and till date, no news on the status. As I wish to collect, they are almost perpetually closed, no intention to reply. Kept rescheduling appointments so that they do not have to meet me. Also, I was coaxed into a ‘good deal’ where they asked for a loan of 5 figure sum, agreement was to repay within a week and not it’s been more than a month. This company is beyond terrible and do think twice before even consigning or buying anything at all. The star is definitely not deserving. Honestly, I really have no words to describe such a company in Singapore. There are people who are outright scammers like these pretending to be luxury bag consigners. I am quite sure my bag was sold. They were extremely swift to pick up my bag, asked for ‘co funding’ funds which I needed to transfer within a stipulated timing.
Update: seller told me not to pursue anything last week and they will get back to me on 15 Aug which obviously based on how ‘credible’ they are, they did not. They proceeded to kick me out of telegram chat, ignored WhatsApp messages and blocked me from Instagram. Beware of this scammer around.

Eric Lim
Eric Lim

3 reviews
2 months ago
Simply the worst company I ever experienced too. No business ethic. Gave them new bag , return used bag. N keep denying, until had to file to CASE n police for report. Waste my time. …More

WL
WL

1 review
a month ago
I couldn't agree more with Jenny and Shihui's post so thank you for sharing online we must warn others about WestCloset. Do not deal with them (owners Rizky and Darren).
I ordered a bag on July 25th (paid significant amount sgd29k); it never arrived even though the delivery agreement was 2-3 weeks or earlier. The same excuses reported by the other victims were also used in my case including dodging full refund.
I am reporting this to the Police, dbs bank (issuer of their corporate bank account) and consumer association of singapore.
Affected people - please contribute to the reviews and report to the Police immediately as some have already done.
Share your story on SG Scam Alert and social media to warn others.

ang shihui
ang shihui

1 review
a month ago
Scammer Alert. Westcloset collects pre-order deposits for bags that do not exist. After weeks, owner will fail to deliver the bags and then delay the refund of the deposit. There are MANY victims that are owed money from Westcloset - wide ranging amounts PER VICTIM (from a few thousand to >$100k). Some have been owed for months and even years. She has also given bags from consignors to offset debt from earlier victims - so be careful of becoming a victim in this way as well. AVOID AT ALL COSTS REALLY. A storefront and a SG business registration DOES NOT MEAN ANYTHING. Also, don't hesitate to approach the police if you are a victim. DO NOT STAY SILENT!

Jenny Pham
Jenny Pham

2 reviews·7 photos
a month ago
WARNING SCAM!! I bought the hermes birkin from west id closet from 1 of may/2022. But they cheating my money, never shipping for me and cant show for me the information shipping code. I'm talking with them and they promise refund money but my money never come back after 3 months. They cheating 38,500$ singapore and i'm working with police singapore. The company with paid up capital is 1$ singapore.

https://www.carousell.sg/u/westcloset_id/reviews/

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal
220920_westcloset_the_straits_times.jpg

The Straits Times understands that at least five police reports have been made against WestCloset.
The Straits Times

A woman who paid $29,900 to luxury bag reseller WestCloset but never received the Hermes bag she was promised lodged a police report in August.
A 33-year-old woman linked to the case has been arrested, the police said on Tuesday (Sept 20).

The Straits Times understands that at least five police reports have been made against WestCloset for allegedly collecting money for second-hand luxury bags but not delivering the goods.

The police confirmed that reports have been made against WestCloset and said they are investigating. They declined to reveal when the 33-year-old was arrested and other details.

It is believed there are more victims as some of WestCloset's customers who did not receive their goods after paying the company told ST that they, too, intend to file police reports.

Christine (not her real name), 45, said that she transferred $29,900 to WestCloset in July after seeing a second-hand Hermes Birkin bag listed on Instagram.

The employee of an IT firm said: "WestCloset said if I paid the full amount, the bag would be delivered to me. But it never came.

"Over the next few weeks, I kept messaging them but they kept giving me vague, non-committal responses. After a while, I could tell they were using delay tactics."

She filed a police report on Aug 16.

Checks by ST show that the company is registered under an Indonesian woman's name.

WestCloset's website, which has been taken down, said the business started in 2012. It has an online store and a physical store at Novena Regency in Thomson Road.

Another alleged victim, Alice (not her real name), 33, said she paid $18,000 for an Hermes Constance bag in June. She said it was around $1,000 cheaper than what other luxury bag resellers were charging.

The financial analyst added: "I bought a Hermes Kelly bag from their (WestCloset's) physical store in 2018. I even met the boss, so I trusted them."

But when the bag she paid for in June was not delivered, she asked WestCloset for a refund.

"I hounded them and gave them until July 17 to refund the money. They eventually transferred $8,000 to my account but when I asked for the rest, they kept giving excuses," said Alice.

The six alleged victims ST spoke to said WestCloset's excuses included the company having financial issues, and that the boss had been hospitalised and needed time to recover.

When ST visited WestCloset's outlet in Novena on Monday, it was closed. Employees in nearby shops said WestCloset moved there at the start of the year, adding that it was rarely opened over the last few months.

The alleged victims ST spoke to said they trusted WestCloset as it has a physical store as well as positive reviews on Carousell and Instagram.

Apart from selling luxury bags, WestCloset is also known for its consignment services, they said.

In consignment, owners hand over their items to a shop which will help to sell them for a cut of the proceeds. If there is no transaction within a stipulated time, the products are returned to the individuals.

Sally (not her real name), a 30-year-old bank executive, consigned her Hermes Picotin bag to WestCloset in June, hoping to sell it for $5,500.

She also loaned $18,000 to WestCloset in July after the boss claimed it had "temporary cash flow issues".

"WestCloset promised to return me the $18,000 plus an extra $1,500 after two weeks. The deal was that the firm would give me the opportunity to buy a Hermes Birkin bag," added Sally.

But she never saw her bag or money again. "I tried to collect the bag I consigned from the store in Novena, but the staff kept coming up with excuses that no one was in or that the boss' children were in hospital," said Sally.

In July, ST reported that more than 180 police reports had been lodged since June against Singaporean Pi Jiapeng, 26, and his wife, Thai national Pansuk Siriwipa, 27, who allegedly failed to deliver luxury goods worth around $32 million to customers.

The couple fled Singapore in a container compartment of a lorry on July 4 and were arrested in Malaysia more than a month later.

In August, Pi and Pansuk were each handed two charges for cheating and one for leaving Singapore illegally. They remain in custody as investigations continue.

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal
SCAM ALERT

Westcloset ID (on Google now renamed as LUXURIOUS to escape Google searches of reviews of her scam)

Physical store with Singapore business registration - owner’s name is Ringga Dwi Rizky Irianto (public information from downloadable business registration doc from ACRA) - you can find her identification number and addresses in such a doc as well.

Two scam modes she run -

(1) Collects pre order deposits for bags (mostly Hermes) that do not exist. Does not deliver the bag, and refuse to refund deposit. Victims collecting since 2021 and 2022, scam amounts ranging from $7.5k to >$100k.

(2) Takes in consignment bags, sells them or GIVES them to older victims to pay off owed amounts, and withholds payment from consignors. Multiple consignor victims have already surfaced. Withheld proceeds in the tens of thousands per victim.

She will make empty promises and sell you pity stories related to her health and her children, including her dying and then revived after 8 minutes (yes, what a joke!). She will claim she is “not running” and her “store is open” - strangely though, never open when you want to collect money.

Victims, COME FORWARD, DO NOT STAY SILENT! Many of you have reached out and we have done the right things to ensure crooks and scammers like Westcloset get taken down. In this age, it’s law enforcement and social media and public awareness. Let’s do our part to protect one another from crooks like Westcloset!

Here’s a link below to a thread with a few victims. There are many others out there so let’s band together!

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you willing and able to spend a few $K to buy a handbag...please walk-in to the legit shop and donch buy on-line and expect a discount to save money.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Got money why must buy from these resellers? All trying to save money and act rich
sinkies will save a few dollars by driving into jb in their luxury cars to top up. it’s not about the money, it’s about getting sextisfaction from a bargain, big or small.