• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Frustrated Consumer - Where Can I Complain?

Uncle2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Forumers,

I have a frustrating problem and was wondering if any of you have faced with similar situation and can offer me some advice.

I went to a local CD shop recently to buy some latest Hollywood DVD release to watch with my wife (cinema nowadays are too damn expensive!). To my dismay, the China cashier told me that they don't sell DVD by a single piece anymore. Their boss insisted that they sell DVD in packs of 5 - all with a good mix of melodrama, romance, action-thriller, animation and sci-fi. In addition, each pack must also include either a Malay or Tamil movie to promote cross cultural understanding. When I tried to explain to the cashier that I don't watch Malay or Tamil DVDs and would just like to buy 1 DVD, she insisted that their approach is the best in order to save the ailing Malay and Indian movie industry. WTF!! :mad::confused:

Th same thing occurred when I went to an unpopular bookshop to buy some Chinese books to read. The Pinoy cashier told me that I must buy their recommended bundled pack of 6 books - cooking, travel guide, comic, fashion magazine, PSLE revision book and self-help book. Again, each bundle pack must include either a Malay or Tamil book. WTF!! I can't even read a Tamil word to save my life and I must pay to buy the book! The cashier tried to explain that these are good Malay/Tamil literatues and if they don't force people to buy these books, it would be a waste. WTF! If these books are so good, people will b queuing to buy them anyway.... why force us to buy them?! But the cashier say the Tamil book very good... if properly promoted and groomed, someday sure become best-seller one! Well, if it needed to be forced down our throat, I can't see how great it can be.....

Uncle tak-boleh tahan and just went to the ultra-expensive food-court to eat my favourite $8 prawn noodles. The Malaysian auntie said they stopped selling prawn noodle by bowl anymore. To enjoy the prawn noodles, I must order their set meal and it comes with prawn, soup, vegetables, indian mee-goreng and nasi-lemak. WTF!! Like that also must order set meal?! The auntie said that their indian mee-goreng and nasi-lemak are fantastic and would be a waste i we don't support them. Somemore the mee-goreng is so damn good it will surely make it into her food cabinet (where she store all her best dishes) one. The stranger thing is that if these food are so good like they claimed, surely people will be fighting for them right?

What should I do?:mad::confused:

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
Suggest that you take a piece of paper and write down the name of the CD shop you went to, let's say it's called CD shop A and the name of their competitor CD shop B. Draw a box next to the 2 names and in front of the cashier and her boss, mark a big cross in the box next to CD shop B.
Do the same with the bookshop and the food court stall.
I think they will get the message. :wink:

Last edited:

Uncle2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, where to find another CD shop or foodcourt? Whenever another credible CD shop comes around, this 臭脚 owner will send his men in blue to disturb them. Otherwise he will find some lame excuse to sue them till they bankrupt. So very hard to find other shops in the market already.

But I heard recently some new shops with good alternative products coming up. Am thinking of supporting them leh....:smile::biggrin:

jw5

Loyal
It's one thing to have smelly feet, but it's another thing to have smelly feet and also be very concerned what the whole world thinks of their smelly feet, especially international counterparts.

As long as the people around you and your compatriots decide to visit other stalls or shops with good products, even those with smelly feet won't dare to spread their smell too far, because of their concern with what the world thinks.

The problem however is what these uncles and aunties will do. Will they do what is right for their descendents and for others who may be more affected by the smell than themselves, or will they continue to eat their kaya roti and drink their kopi. Unfortunately, I suspect it's the latter. :(

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
how to complain ? even condo in singapore also selling " package " :wink: and even singapore telco company :wink: . now start thinking ...how many time you are being screw without knowing it .

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's why I say go www.amazon.com and order. I don't get any commission. It's the same as I go yong tow foo stall and they say minimum 7 pieces per order. Shit, want to profit from making everyone obese. I go eat something else. That's all.

Last edited:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Dear Forumers,

I have a frustrating problem and was wondering if any of you have faced with similar situation and can offer me some advice.

I went to a local CD shop recently to buy some latest Hollywood DVD release to watch with my wife (cinema nowadays are too damn expensive!). To my dismay, the China cashier told me that they don't sell DVD by a single piece anymore. Their boss insisted that they sell DVD in packs of 5 - all with a good mix of melodrama, romance, action-thriller, animation and sci-fi. In addition, each pack must also include either a Malay or Tamil movie to promote cross cultural understanding. When I tried to explain to the cashier that I don't watch Malay or Tamil DVDs and would just like to buy 1 DVD, she insisted that their approach is the best in order to save the ailing Malay and Indian movie industry. WTF!! :mad::confused:

Th same thing occurred when I went to an unpopular bookshop to buy some Chinese books to read. The Pinoy cashier told me that I must buy their recommended bundled pack of 6 books - cooking, travel guide, comic, fashion magazine, PSLE revision book and self-help book. Again, each bundle pack must include either a Malay or Tamil book. WTF!! I can't even read a Tamil word to save my life and I must pay to buy the book! The cashier tried to explain that these are good Malay/Tamil literatues and if they don't force people to buy these books, it would be a waste. WTF! If these books are so good, people will b queuing to buy them anyway.... why force us to buy them?! But the cashier say the Tamil book very good... if properly promoted and groomed, someday sure become best-seller one! Well, if it needed to be forced down our throat, I can't see how great it can be.....

Uncle tak-boleh tahan and just went to the ultra-expensive food-court to eat my favourite $8 prawn noodles. The Malaysian auntie said they stopped selling prawn noodle by bowl anymore. To enjoy the prawn noodles, I must order their set meal and it comes with prawn, soup, vegetables, indian mee-goreng and nasi-lemak. WTF!! Like that also must order set meal?! The auntie said that their indian mee-goreng and nasi-lemak are fantastic and would be a waste i we don't support them. Somemore the mee-goreng is so damn good it will surely make it into her food cabinet (where she store all her best dishes) one. The stranger thing is that if these food are so good like they claimed, surely people will be fighting for them right?

What should I do?:mad::confused:

This is the election fever forum, can read or not? Post your thread in the Courtyard forum.

Uncle2

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is the election fever forum, can read or not? Post your thread in the Courtyard forum.

Dear Papsmearer,

Sorry, did not realised that this is a political forum.... was just trying to vent my frustration as a concerned consumer. By the way, since there are so many politically astute and awakened citizen like yourself here, perhaps you can lend old uncle me some advice to tackle this little problem of mine.

Thanks in advance.

Uncle

fukyuman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Typical PAP troll and trying to divert attention. PAP wants people like you so their cho bo lan member of parliament can attend to your complaints. If not happy, don't buy. Just like I would boycott any chinese hawker fare that says no lard which is healthier than mutton. As long there are competitions our rights are not compromised.

You want to be a serious uncle, then behave like uncle yap and talk about injustices here. Can you afford to retire or have you spent your life savings buying a pigeon hole. Are you worried that you have to wipe tables that ft trash are now avoiding? Do you think suicide may be an option if diagnosed with illness you cannot afford? Do you think that old coots deserved not be conned into investments that turned out to be just con by local banks. The lists are endless so do something useful in your golden years for a change.

Dear Papsmearer,

Sorry, did not realised that this is a political forum.... was just trying to vent my frustration as a concerned consumer. By the way, since there are so many politically astute and awakened citizen like yourself here, perhaps you can lend old uncle me some advice to tackle this little problem of mine.

Thanks in advance.

Uncle

Uncle2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Typical PAP troll and trying to divert attention. PAP wants people like you so their cho bo lan member of parliament can attend to your complaints. If not happy, don't buy. Just like I would boycott any chinese hawker fare that says no lard which is healthier than mutton. As long there are competitions our rights are not compromised.

You want to be a serious uncle, then behave like uncle yap and talk about injustices here. Can you afford to retire or have you spent your life savings buying a pigeon hole. Are you worried that you have to wipe tables that ft trash are now avoiding? Do you think suicide may be an option if diagnosed with illness you cannot afford? Do you think that old coots deserved not be conned into investments that turned out to be just con by local banks. The lists are endless so do something useful in your golden years for a change.

Dear Fukyuman,

Pardon my ignorance. The future of the opposition in Singapore is indeed bright with zealous activitist like yourself. Old uncles like myself are apolitical and are merely concerned about our consumer choices. Politics seems so unreal and far away for dim-witted people like us. After living for more than half a century, I can hardly tell the difference between a hammer and lightning!

Please continue with your charge and lead Singapore out of the political wilderness. I sincerely wish the opposition parties the best of luck this election (with people like you supporting them, they probably need tonnes of luck).

Uncle:biggrin:

Uncle2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Uncle just want choices and the right to demand changes if things are not to his liking. After waiting for almost half a century, is that too much to ask for? Sigh....