• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Big Thank You to Dr Tan Cheng Bock, Whole Sinkapore must read!

maxsanic

Alfrescian
Loyal
If Tan Cheng Bock contests as an oppositon he's got a good chance to be elected as an MP, but that's basically all there is to it. For those who are dreaming of Tan Cheng Bock leading their favorite opposition characters like Chee Soon Juan, Tan Jee Say and Kenneth Jeyaratnam etc. into winning elections, I think you guys need a reality check.

Comaprisons between Tan and Mahatir make no sense and I personally do not see how they are even loosely correlated. As things stand, the WP as a group has better branding than one single ex-PAP MP backbencher whom nobody really knew before he decided to contest for president.

As someone who wishes to see more opposition representation in Singapore, I would pay closer attention to any interesting slate of new WP joiners than pursue some nebulous fantasy of Tan leading a grand coalition to defeat the PAP. At most, Tan is going to be another 1 man show MP past his prime and having little support beyond old grassroots supporters in his ex-Ayer Rajah constituency.

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
I won't to to surprised if PAP comes up with something scheme to report that TCB is disqualified from standing for elections.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
I won't to to surprised if PAP comes up with something scheme to report that TCB is disqualified from standing for elections.
Actually I doubt the pap will do that. What pap will do is increase the gerrymandering like totally destroy the constituency which TCB is strong. And that area is Jurong. The problem for TCB is his old area is under the control of tartman...and tartman is damn popular. SO hard to unseat him. and tcb has been out of his old constituency for years...so his influence there is also waning. My advice (under the current constituency breakdown is gun for GRCs whereby the MPs are unpopular. So far the one area I can think up of is Holland Bukit timah,,held by Vivian. If TCB goes in with a strong SDP team (or Oppo Front team),.,,it might help secure Bukit Batok SMC,,,if it remains an SMC. Right now what needs to be done is address the constituents unhappiness and assure them their flats will have value etc,,,for that area,,just promise all flats will be SERs,,sure win one,,and be honest that area is hot property,,dont SERs the gahmen is stupid,

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
just promise all flats will be SERs,,sure win one,,and be honest that area is hot property,,dont SERs the gahmen is stupid,

Hmmm...up till now u still unaware of singkies mentality? What is SERS? CPF lockup for life still alright for majority sinkies. 70% sinkies voted YES huat aaaaah!

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hmmm...up till now u still unaware of singkies mentality? What is SERS? CPF lockup for life still alright for majority sinkies. 70% sinkies voted YES huat aaaaah!
I am aware of singkie mentality,,,that is why SERs ah,,,huat ah,,,that is what all singkies want,,,anyway,,PAP forever,,,and I hope the next erection,,,,Pinky introduce his son as a pap candidate and when elected become deputy PM and the following erection be PM,,,pap Huat ah,,,,

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Talk cock. The basic ingredient to win an election is votes. If u are a bunch of motley clowns, no way u are going to win.
That is why I never understand why some keep advocating the erections dept as the main reason pap always win. the problem is the voters. true there is alot of gerrymandering,,,when there is 70% vote,,,,no matter how u gerrymander can still win big. Look at Potong pasir, the smc was kept alot but the oppo lost big there,,,aljunied,,,,the grc was left alone,,,also nearly lost,,so the current issue is the singkies are happy with pap,,,these erection dept is just a symptom,,,,the oppos need to concentrate on the big issues, HDB, health care, etc. By just harping on the erections dept,,might as well just surrender. I think alot of pro oppos in this forum are actually pap strawmen,,stirring up shit to discredit the oppos,,,,

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
Until and unless, the GRC concept is taken away any opposition will find it difficult.

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
there's no use winning 6-10 seats. at least 20 and more opposition seats then PAP will wake up and feel the opposition pressure in parliament and not pass laws without thinking for the good of the people.

I certainly agree! What's the use of winning just a few seats unless one is contented with a token opposition easily overwhelmed by the PAP majority all the time?

Bad New Brown

Alfrescian
Loyal
there's no use winning 6-10 seats. at least 20 and more opposition seats then PAP will wake up and feel the opposition pressure in parliament and not pass laws without thinking for the good of the people.

Then the Singaporeans in East Coast and Marine Parade GRC has to give WP candidates a chance to be their MP :smile:

The eastern sinkieland is a very important battleground :sneaky:

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
TCB is not Mahathir. .. Mahathir is not TCB

TCB is more than capable to stand on his own feet... I can bet you... he can defeat any PAP minister 1 to 1 in an GE

Is not a question of TCB capable or otherwise. We ought to ask ourself whether 70% have balls to vote against TCB opponent.

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tan recalled that many people thought he was crazy when he first opened Ama Keng Clinic at a run down shophouse made of wooden planks and a zinc roof in 1971.

“But I love medicine and practicing in the rural environment was my idea of doctoring,” said the 72-year-old.

Named after the village along Lim Chu Kang Road, the clinic served mostly poor farmers who grew vegetables and other crops, and tended to chickens and pigs.

“It was obviously challenging as you had to manage the cases all by yourself as the nearest hospital was 28km away from the village,” he said.

Residents homes’ were attap huts and the roads were m&d tracks with numerous pot holes. Making house calls meant crisscrossing those narrow trails, which got flooded when it rained. But villagers were helpful and once lifted his car out of a flooded ditch.

“The village children were incredible. I love them, full of fun and loved playing in the rain. The all love to carry my doctor’s bag,” he reminisced.

Tan, who was also a Member of Parliament from 1980 to 2006, said his medical fees were low yet as some patients could still not afford them they paid Tan in kind, such as eggs, vegetables and chickens. For even those who could not pay, he waived the fees.

“They were very grateful. Over the years the villagers and I developed a special bond that money cannot buy… a deep trust and respect,” he said.

Redevelopment of the area forced the residents and the doctor to resettle elsewhere.

Tan relocated to Teck Whye but continued to practice under the name Ama Keng Clinic. The clinic moved twice more before it settled in Jurong West where Tan practiced for another 15 years.

“My old patients from old Ama Keng and staying far away continue to see me. My oldest patient is more than 100 years old,” he said, adding that four generations of her family see him today.

“I have come to accept the fact that Ama Keng Clinic will finally close its door on 22nd Nov. 2012. I want to thank all my patients for their faith in me,” he said.

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is not a question of TCB capable or otherwise. We ought to ask ourself whether 70% have balls to vote against TCB opponent.

you should ask which PAP minister has the balls to stand against TCB first... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
for the record, to-date there're only 2 MPs with GE victory >80% votes.... consistently

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tan Cheng bock offer free medical help to others in ah ma keng village in his ah ma keng clinic.
This action speak a thousand words.

no doubt about that.... in the 70s' my grandpa used to cycle all the way from Jalan Eunos to ama keng for dr tan appointment
my army days were based in that area, I often saw dr bock patients giving him eggs, vegetables

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I respect what Dr Tan is trying to do but he must open his eyes to see the real nature of the people he wants to form this coalition with. As long as it contains one suspicious character, his dream team will be at risk.

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal
I respect what Dr Tan is trying to do but he must open his eyes to see the real nature of the people he wants to form this coalition with. As long as it contains one suspicious character, his dream team will be at risk.

TCB knows god damn well that he'll not be able to topple the PAP..... what he aims to achieve is to send a message to the next generation
.... on the importance of democracy and the risk of giving too much power to 1 man and 1 party

we can see signs of JBJ in TCB.... "Never to be afraid to speak up, even if you're the underdog"